Spring game against someone else?

make sure it's not against the likes of CU or Miami and maybe

lol...throw Missouri in there, just for my mental well being. If we played them in the spring, I would have to go for the win, even if we have to kill their QB. Sorry, just the way I feel about Missouri.

In all seriousness though, the only way I could see something like this happen is if they brought in a small local college team, that way they could get some exposure on a bigger level, and we could still have the starters run all over the opposing team. :clap Course, if the defense showed up playing like they did last year, we would probably lose.

lol...throw Missouri in there, just for my mental well being. If we played them in the spring, I would have to go for the win, even if we have to kill their QB. Sorry, just the way I feel about Missouri.

In all seriousness though, the only way I could see something like this happen is if they brought in a small local college team, that way they could get some exposure on a bigger level, and we could still have the starters run all over the opposing team. :clap Course, if the defense showed up playing like they did last year, we would probably lose.

Did you hear about the mizzou linebacker that got caught with a gun in his car after cocking it and telling people he would light the place up!? He had a recruit in the car with him, wonder if it was Gabbert!? LOL!!

Did you hear about the mizzou linebacker that got caught with a gun in his car after cocking it and telling people he would light the place up!? He had a recruit in the car with him, wonder if it was Gabbert!? LOL!!

That was stupid if it is true.... :bang

That was stupid if it is true.... :bang

its true!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Ai...p&type=lgns

:yeah:laughpound:wasted

Good Idea. Why not have an exhibition game against someone like Wayne State or Chadron like in basketball?

Just don't lose...

Looks like one of the people with him was Jeremy Maclin......

ooops! (could hurt to be MU pretty soon here...)

Spring game against another school will never happen. Personally I'd like to see UNO get that spot if it did though.

I think something similar to this used to be done a very long time ago(60s or something like that), and freshman teams used to play other schools, but after the NCAA let freshman become eligible to play, anything like that went away.

We stiill had Freshman Football in '79/'80..Frank's 1st Head (College) coaching experience if memory serves.

(And my Freshman year).

I'd be worried about injuries if we played smaller instate schools with guys trying to prove they should've gotten a scholarship to DONU.

There's enough potential for injury when guys are fighting for positions, but the coaches can better govern that with their own players as opposed to UNO/UNK/Wayne/Whatsamatta U. Coaches/players trying to make a statement.

Plus it'd be a shame to see one of their "star" players have a season ending injury due to the difference in competition.

I think something similar to this used to be done a very long time ago(60s or something like that), and freshman teams used to play other schools, but after the NCAA let freshman become eligible to play, anything like that went away.

We stiill had Freshman Football in '79/'80..Frank's 1st Head (College) coaching experience if memory serves.

(And my Freshman year).

I'd be worried about injuries if we played smaller instate schools with guys trying to prove they should've gotten a scholarship to DONU.

There's enough potential for injury when guys are fighting for positions, but the coaches can better govern that with their own players as opposed to UNO/UNK/Wayne/Whatsamatta U. Coaches/players trying to make a statement.

Plus it'd be a shame to see one of their "star" players have a season ending injury due to the difference in competition.

Would be no worse than having any Big 12 team come in on any given weekend during the season...might be good to actually have someone coming in to try to win, but maybe just don't have the talent level that we do. Maybe it would get our players up, too. You risk losing a player any given week...even during practice. I figure if it is their time, it is their time.

I dunno about this. Putting aside the obvious financial issues - it takes money to get a team to come, among other things - I'm not convinced the possibility of injury is no greater. Assume, for a moment, that it was UNO. Do you honestly think that they wouldn't be sky-high for it? While the Huskers would be, shall we say, less than that? The old cliché comes to mind - injuries happen when someone isn't going full speed against someone who is.