Season Grade

Huskers Hoops - 2008 Grade  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I give your guys a solid B. They played with great intensity, got very good on defense, showed signs of a decent offense (at times).

My prognosis for next year is worse - only because Aleks was such a large part of the equation. You're missing a double-double every night with him gone. The Huskers are totally different next season and will struggle with consistency early. They may come together as the year goes on.

(and don't even ask me about Mizzou hoops. That is the great void.)

I give your guys a solid B. They played with great intensity, got very good on defense, showed signs of a decent offense (at times).

My prognosis for next year is worse - only because Aleks was such a large part of the equation. You're missing a double-double every night with him gone. The Huskers are totally different next season and will struggle with consistency early. They may come together as the year goes on.

(and don't even ask me about Mizzou hoops. That is the great void.)

We may be losing an extremely strong inside presence (who was insanely overrated offensively) but our team is going to completely make up for it in overall size and team speed next year if you ask me. We'll finally have the personnel to come at you fast if we need to instead of having to slow down every possession, but we probably still will be able to use the shot clock if need be.

At least I think so.

Considering where you are coming from with a coach in his second year I think you guys had a great season. The men's program at Texas State is on the same track with a second year coach and it still has a LONG way to go to even make the NIT let alone the big dance. Congratulations and hopefully next year will be a real break-out year.

I'd say a B minus . . . there were four games we dropped midseason that we REALLY should have won (Iowa State, Colorado, Baylor, Missouri). But after those four games, I'd basically written the team off to finish at or around .500 . . . I was certainly quite pleased with the way it turned out. We were a far better team than our 20-13 record indicates, I think.

First time I've ever said this: I can't wait for the next basketball season.