Purify And Grixby

Maurice Purify is headed to Cincy while Cortney Grixby has signed a deal with the Carolina Panthers

hmmm... all this nonsense about chad johnson wanting out from contract may work in purify's favor.

yah, he's just a rookie but if he can may a good showing and prove that he can step-up, they'll welcome him with open arms.

Cincy?? Not surprised.

Hey- at least in Cincy if he limits himself to 1-2 drunken rampages a year he'll be better than most on the team. He hasn't even shot anyone yet.

With Chris Henry and Chad Johnson leaving (not playing?) he'll fit in very well as a red zone threat opposite TJ.

Hey- at least in Cincy if he limits himself to 1-2 drunken rampages a year he'll be better than most on the team. He hasn't even shot anyone yet.

Dude, what's with the hate? He's had a couple minor run-ins with the law. And think of what he's had to deal with personally over the past year or so. He's far from perfect but he's not a thug. Lay off, jeez.

As far as Keller, seems from his quotes in the paper that he's not too enthusiastic about his NFL chances.

Dude, what's with the hate? He's had a couple minor run-ins with the law. And think of what he's had to deal with personally over the past year or so. He's far from perfect but he's not a thug. Lay off, jeez.

As far as Keller, seems from his quotes in the paper that he's not too enthusiastic about his NFL chances.

Dude, chill out. It just set itself up so nicely as a punchline. It's a joke. Relax.

Per ljs blog

Green to Green Bay, McKeon to Tampa Bay

Former Husker safety Tierre Green found out this morning he'll be heading up to Green Bay on Thursday to partake in the mini camp with the Packers.

He hopes to sign something with the Packers after the camp is over.

"With the tradition up there, you can't really go wrong," Green said.

Obviously, the Green family name is familiar with the Packer organization. Tierre is the cousin of running back Ahman Green, former Husker and Packers standout.

"It's a good deal for me," Tierre said. "I can call Ahman and have him talk to some of those guys he knows up there to kind of look after me."

On the linebacker front, Lance Brandenburgh has signed with San Francisco as a free agent, according his dad. Chicago and KC were also showing interest.

And Corey McKeon is going south on Thursday to see what he can do at a mini camp with Tampa Bay. He'll hope to sign on afterward. If not, he said there are some other teams interested in giving him a look.

Meanwhile, cornerback/returnman Cortney Grixby said he's reached a verbal agreement with Carolina, and will soon be signing as a free agent. While it's nice to get drafted, he did see some advantages in playing the free agency game.

"You can analyze, evaluate and kind of see what's the best position for you," Grixby said.

So if you're scoring Husker post-draft free agent moves at home:

Purify to Cincy.

Octavien to KC.

Grixby to Carolina.

Green to Green Bay.

McKeon to Tampa.

Brandenburgh to San Francisco.

also from the ljs blog

Purify bound for Cincy

Just got off the phone with Maurice Purify's agent, Gary Glick of Dallas.

Purify, the gifted former Nebraska wideout, is headed to Cincinnati for a Bengals' mini-camp later this week. Purify hasn't signed a free-agent deal with Cincy, in part because at least two other teams are interested. Players can attend mini-camps without signing with that particular team.

"The fact other teams are interested is nice," Glick said.

Purify's off-the-field issues obviously hurt him in the draft.

"I talked to every single team after the draft," Glick said. "I don't want to say it's off-the-field problems, because it's more like off-the-field perceptions. Each individual thing that's happened, in itself, is really minor. But I think people have added it all up and taken it in totality. I had four teams tell me they took him off their (draft) board altogether."

Meanwhile, ex-Husker QB Sam Keller hadn't heard from any teams as of noon Monday.

"I'm hoping something happens," he said. "But it doesn't look too good right now."

In other Husker-related free-agent news, cornerback Cortney Grixby agreed to a free-agent deal with the Carolina Panthers. We're checking on wideout Frantz Hardy.