RB Jarvis Giles

Having Tennessee losing to a team as terrible as Wyoming has to look really bad to big name recruits. There is no way they should lose to a team like Wyoming especially at home. Wyomings other wins are vs Ohio (2-8), vs North Dakota State (FCS), and San Diego State (1-9). Ouch.

Yeah, isn't Wyoming's coach on the hot seat or leaving after the season too? Really embarrassing loss.

#2 top "home run" threat according to ESPN/Scouts Inc.:

Top home run threats

What Scouts Inc. looks for: Simply put, a home run threat can take it to the house on any given carry. Excellent top-end speed and the extra gear needed to separate from faster defensive backs in the second level are required. Give these guys a small crease or the edge on the perimeter and they can take it the distance. A home run threat has to be elusive; most big runs stem from breaking an initial tackle or making the first defender miss in space.

2. Jarvis Giles (Tampa, Fla./Gaither)

In terms of pure acceleration and burst through the second level, it's hard to find a better running back prospect than Giles. He is sudden through traffic, explosive and cuts decisively at full speed, rarely gearing down. Giles changes speeds well to avoid and separate from faster pursuing defensive backs. He may have better burst through the hole than true top-end speed, but Giles has big-play ability written all over him at the next level.

Having Tennessee losing to a team as terrible as Wyoming has to look really bad to big name recruits. There is no way they should lose to a team like Wyoming especially at home. Wyomings other wins are vs Ohio (2-8), vs North Dakota State (FCS), and San Diego State (1-9). Ouch.

Yeah, isn't Wyoming's coach on the hot seat or leaving after the season too? Really embarrassing loss.

Yea, while that site said that he would return next year they also had them getting a 6-6 record which means they still have to win their last 2 games. Of course this win may have just saved the Wyoming coaches job for one more year.

We need to get him on a visit....

OK. :)

Rivals (by way of recruiting planet) has him still committed to Tenn. but visiting Nebraska, South Carolina, Illinois, and Ole Miss.

Anyone know what game he's visiting? This would be a huge get :clap

Well, since Colorado is our only remaining home game, I'd suspect that's the one...

Sorry about that! For some reason I was thinking we had K-State at home also. Don't ask why :cheers

How does that not look good for us? #1 he didnt commit to South Carolina #2 Illinois is out of the picture #3 we still have a chance to match South Carolina if he comes to the Colorado game

Distance from Tampa, FL to Champaign, IL: 1,075 miles

Distance from Tampa, FL to Lincoln, NE: 1,454 miles

If Illinois is too far, I'm guessing his dad will also think that Lincoln is pretty far as well...just my two cents bro.

Still in it:

Giles Slows Down Process

By Phil Kornblut

After wrapping up his official visit to USC last Monday, RB Jarvis Giles (6-0 180) of Tampa sounded like someone who was ready to commit to the Gamecocks. Sunday, Giles indicated he wasn't moving quite that fast. "I'm still undecided right now," he said. "I do like South Carolina. I'm getting ready for a big game next week, so I'm focused on that. I like USC, don't get me wrong, but I don't have a favorite right now." Giles said Friday he talked on the phone with USC head coach Steve Spurrier and assistants David Reaves and Robert Gillespie. "They asked how I was thinking about South Carolina and will I be joining them," Giles said. "I told them I want to give it more thought." Giles did watch the Gamecocks' game at Florida Saturday. "I think they made a lot of mistakes," he said. The defense did pretty good. The offense didn't get it too much down the field." Giles said he's looking at visiting Nebraska November 29th and he's also looking hard at Ole Miss. He said he could have his decision in a couple of weeks or might wait until his all star game in January. Giles has played in seven games this season rushing for over 900 yards and 13 touchdowns.

I guess South Carolina's blowout loss to Florida did not help their cause.