SIGNED: LB Eric Martin

Did I mention I hate the Pac 10. (On the other hand, if he had no other offers people would be complaining.)

Martin gives Arizona high marks

Linebacker Eric Martin (Moreno Valley, Calif./ Rancho Verde) took his first official visit of the year this past weekend to Arizona. Martin will take two more weeks before making his decision time, but the Cats have raised the bar pretty high.

"Arizona was great, I loved it there," Martin said. "I went there in the summer for a passing camp but this time around, I got to really check out everything up close. The coaches are great, I like the defense a lot and I like the city and the campus life. We run a similar defense so I think I would be able to make the jump pretty easily. They have three senior linebackers next year so it might be hard to play or start right away, but I think I can still get in there and compete for minutes. As long as I'm playing a lot by my freshman or red-shirt freshman year, I'm happy with that."

Martin will visit Nebraska this weekend and Arizona State gets the last trip in two weeks. Boise State was on the schedule, but Martin said he's going in a different direction.

"Boise State is a great school but I just like these schools better," Martin said. "The main thing I'm looking for is a strong football program and a place where I can play early. Nebraska and ASU both said I could start right away because they lose a lot of linebackers.

"No one is guaranteeing me anything but depth chart wise, things look good at all three of these schools. I don't have a leader right now. I want to take all of my visits and then will be ready to decide when Signing Day rolls around."

Did I mention I hate the Pac 10. (On the other hand, if he had no other offers people would be complaining.)

Martin gives Arizona high marks

Linebacker Eric Martin (Moreno Valley, Calif./ Rancho Verde) took his first official visit of the year this past weekend to Arizona. Martin will take two more weeks before making his decision time, but the Cats have raised the bar pretty high.

"Arizona was great, I loved it there," Martin said. "I went there in the summer for a passing camp but this time around, I got to really check out everything up close. The coaches are great, I like the defense a lot and I like the city and the campus life. We run a similar defense so I think I would be able to make the jump pretty easily. They have three senior linebackers next year so it might be hard to play or start right away, but I think I can still get in there and compete for minutes. As long as I'm playing a lot by my freshman or red-shirt freshman year, I'm happy with that."

Martin will visit Nebraska this weekend and Arizona State gets the last trip in two weeks. Boise State was on the schedule, but Martin said he's going in a different direction.

"Boise State is a great school but I just like these schools better," Martin said. "The main thing I'm looking for is a strong football program and a place where I can play early. Nebraska and ASU both said I could start right away because they lose a lot of linebackers.

"No one is guaranteeing me anything but depth chart wise, things look good at all three of these schools. I don't have a leader right now. I want to take all of my visits and then will be ready to decide when Signing Day rolls around."

You and me both Pete. And yes you are right, most would complain if he had no other offers until he tore it up on ther field.

I have to say though I feel way more comfortable after this season. Seeing what the coaches are able to do with the talent and the way the kids bought in to their system. I think whom ever they go after hard is for one reason or another whether we like it or agree with it or not the best thing for the program. I like the vision they have shown. Now damn it get him N :thumbs

Bryan Munson from Big Red Report.com just reported that he was afraid the "weather" in Lincoln this weekend was really going to hurt the Husker's chances. Thinks that Martin will not be a fan of the cold. He said from earlier talks with Martin, that the weather is a factor......BUT, he did say that with Carl, Bo, and Eck, they could sell the "paper thin" LB situation and possibly win him over, but didn't sound too sure.

I agree Willie, don't think we are "paper thin", but that was Munson's selling point to Martin. He said that the Pelini's could tell him that he could possibly step onto campus and WORK HARD and could see the field right away........remember, these are Munson's word's.

Bryan Munson from Big Red Report.com just reported that he was afraid the "weather" in Lincoln this weekend was really going to hurt the Husker's chances. Thinks that Martin will not be a fan of the cold. He said from earlier talks with Martin, that the weather is a factor......BUT, he did say that with Carl, Bo, and Eck, they could sell the "paper thin" LB situation and possibly win him over, but didn't sound too sure.

Is he going to be afraid of cold weather if he makes it to an NFL that plays in the cold. Eric, don't be a little pu&&y, you play defense, you are supposed to be tough.

I agree Willie, don't think we are "paper thin", but that was Munson's selling point to Martin. He said that the Pelini's could tell him that he could possibly step onto campus and WORK HARD and could see the field right away........remember, these are Munson's word's.

Oh, I know what you mean and I understand what the coaches are doing. Hence the smilie. :)

Wish we could've gotten him in for a game, big difference between us and 'zona. We'll have to sell him now on superior facilities, academic support, and tradition. Should be noted we did better in Bo's first year than Mike has ever done at 'zona. The weather could hurt us, colder than a witch's tit out there.

With Norman out we need to close on this one.

Time to pay the rent MUNSON!!

KingPinTwatlick2lessframesC-RS.gif

Is this Bryon Munson related to this Munson from above??