SIGNED: TE J.T. Kerr

BTW, his dad called him as soon as he found out that Cody Green had committed to NU.

J.T. was excited to hear that, and has said that he would like to talk to Cody also.

on his visit he wants to look at the weight room, and get a feeling for the atmosphere.

coinsidence that he is visiting after fall camp starts??????

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From 9/17 ESPN:

J.T. Kerr enjoys Nebraska visit

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Greg Biggins

Scripps Ranch (San Diego) tight end J.T. Kerr took his first official visit of the year last weekend to Nebraska. The Cornhuskers made a big impression on the talented athlete and are in a very good spot right now.

Kerr, 6-4, 235 pounds, is one of the top tight ends in the West. He's a big, physical kid who runs well and has very good hands. Nebraska was one of Kerr's first offers this year and has a big lead for his signature.

"Nebraska is definitely my top school right now," Kerr said. "I loved it out there and felt very comfortable. The facilities were amazing and I love the coaching staff. The coaches are all really good people and they always make me feel wanted and that I'm a priority recruit for them.

"I do still want to take more trips though. Nebraska is my leader but I want to keep my options open."

He's also looking at Florida, UCLA, Oregon, Arizona and Arizona State and would like to set up more visits soon.

From Huskerjournal:

OCTOBER 3, 2008. PREP STAR

J T KERR, TE, 6-4, 230, 4.6, SAN DIEGO (SCRIPPS RANCH), CALIFORNIA

“Yes I visited Nebraska,” Kerr said. “Man it was great! My dad went with me to Nebraska and liked it too. We met all the coaches there and even Tom Osborne. He (Osborne) is a cool guy.”

“I could tell Nebraska wanted me to commit but they didn’t push it. I want to wait. I will commit before the playoffs start,” Kerr said. “Nebraska is definitely my top school. Of all the schools I could tell Nebraska really wants me. They are showing the most love.”

“I like how Nebraska uses the tight end’s they want to flex me out. I really think Nebraska will be turned around and I have a chance to be a part of it.” Kerr added.

“I took some unofficial visits to UCLA, Arizona and Stanford,” Kerr said. “I don’t hear much from UCLA and Stanford. UCLA has tight ends that committed already. That’s unfortunate. Arizona, I’m not sure I want to go there."

“I’m hearing from Florida and other schools down there. I don’t have any offers from them. If I get other offers I would check them out just to make sure I make the right decision.” Kerr said