SIGNED: S Dijon Washington

my sister went to Nebraska and she said when she was close to failing chemestry (or something to do with science) she never got help, but she also said only football players get it...i really have no clue what the help is...but i thought maybe the NCAA didnt know of it and prolly wouldnt accept it since its only aiding the football players

Not to question your sister's experience, but I have to think NU has tutoring for the average student. I went to school at a small university in the Big Sky and we had student tutoring in just about every subject. Be rather odd if NU, or any large university, didn't offer some sort of student assistance like this.

my sister went to Nebraska and she said when she was close to failing chemestry (or something to do with science) she never got help, but she also said only football players get it...i really have no clue what the help is...but i thought maybe the NCAA didnt know of it and prolly wouldnt accept it since its only aiding the football players

Not to question your sister's experience, but I have to think NU has tutoring for the average student. I went to school at a small university in the Big Sky and we had student tutoring in just about every subject. Be rather odd if NU, or any large university, didn't offer some sort of student assistance like this.

GIS says ASUN, TRIO, and OASIS (among others) all provide tutors, but probably some sort of chemistry specific resource center may have been helpful. I was failing a number of courses too. Not because I needed a tutor, but because I was too busy with other things like beer and girls and beer. All important parts of the college experience.

Anyway, extra academic support is never a violation of the NCAA rules. Their alleged goal is for kids to graduate (hopefully able to read unlike Creighton). They probably would say something like "Remember student comes first in student athlete". (Of course if the tutors are writing your papers Tennessee or Georgia style then that would be a violation.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ESPN says:

Safety Dijon Washington (Lawndale, Calif./Leuzinger) loved his visit to Nebraska and said the game atmosphere was second to none.

"I loved every part of the trip," Washington said. "The coaches talked to me a lot about the opportunity for early playing time so that was good to hear. I loved the energy and the guys on the team.

"I learned a lot about the school and didn't realize they have had so many academic All-Americans there. The game (a loss to Missouri) didn't go too well for them but it's a young team with a new staff and I think they'll be able to turn things around."

Washington said he's close to finalizing a visit to Washington State (for Oct. 24) and is keeping all his options open.

"At my last game Friday, coaches from UCLA, Washington State, Oregon State and a few other schools were there," Washington said. "I played pretty well so I'm looking to see if anyone else jumps in with an offer for me."

• 1 month later...

This will come down to a NU and Oregon State battle. That's pretty much a fair fight in retrospect to where each program is at and where they are headed. The Beavers will throw that USC win around for all its worth, but being second or third fiddle in the Pac 10 is about as meaningful as being mid-tier in the Big XII or SEC. However I hope the Beavers win out and screw the Trojans over.

Dijon would be a good fit for us, could be great to partner with PJ Smith.