SIGNED: QB Cody Green

any new info on Green?

Rivals.com has updated Cody Green's list. It has Nebraska and Texas A&M as his 2 favorites schools and it seems like he has some interest in Alabama but I doubt that he goes there because they have already have a comittment from a highly ranked quarterback.

On another site I thought I saw Miss State as being in his favorites, but I see that they already have 2 QBs committed, Of course Cody Green is more highly rated than those guys, but might help our cause. They also have an offer out to 5-star QB Morgan Newton.

It's the same thing though Landlord...what if two totally unknown QB's of the 1-star/NR variety commit to Nebraska before Green can (I believe there are some offers like that out there)? So it goes back to the same, which is, we'll have to trust the coaches' evaluations on the players, not their star ratings. Green may or may not turn out to be better than the other guys who have lesser ratings.

It's the same thing though Landlord...what if two totally unknown QB's of the 1-star/NR variety commit to Nebraska before Green can (I believe there are some offers like that out there)? So it goes back to the same, which is, we'll have to trust the coaches' evaluations on the players, not their star ratings. Green may or may not turn out to be better than the other guys who have lesser ratings.

We have offered a relatively unknown qb named Martinez, but as an athlete. As far as I can tell we have been quite selective in our qb-offers. To my knowledge there is only one uncommitted 3* qb that we've offered and that is Clayton Moore, and he has several nice BCS-offers on the table The rest are 4* guys with national-powers after them. Maybe we'll fill-up on lesser-knowns on a couple other positions but unless things change it won't be qb.

NU Football: Texas QB's strong arm lures many

BY JON NYATAWA

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN - Last fall, Cody Green was the pregame entertainment in Dayton, Texas.

Immobilized by torn ligaments in his right ankle, Green would toss footballs to fans in the bleachers.

Only he'd be standing across the field from the opposite sideline. And he'd be throwing flat-footed.

"He'd make everybody 'ooh' and 'aah' before the game," said Jerry Stewart, Green's coach at Dayton High School. "He couldn't move at all, so he'd just flick the ball over there. I guess I would too, if I could."

The rising senior quarterback's arm strength is just one of the reasons big-time college programs - including Nebraska - want him on their campuses.

But then there's Green's size (6-foot-4, 220 pounds) and his speed (Stewart says Green runs a 4.6-second 40-yard dash).

Add Green's personality into the mix and there's no wonder why it takes nearly a full minute for Stewart to rattle off every college team that has shown interest in the kid from Dayton, a town of about 6,000 people nestled between Houston and Beaumont.

"He's impeccable," said Stewart, who's helped coach Green since the fifth grade.

Nebraska and Texas A&M lead the field of Green's suitors, which includes Boston College, Stanford, Purdue, Alabama, Houston and LSU.

Being high on the list of a blue chip quarterback is nothing new for Nebraska. Recently, though, being high on the list - and even earning a commitment - from an elite QB prospect hasn't turned out so well for Nebraska.

In 2005, Josh Freeman of Grandview, Mo., reneged on his sixth-month commitment to Nebraska, choosing Kansas State instead. Quarterback Blaine Gabbert of Baldwin, Mo., committed early to NU before switching to Missouri last winter after the exit of Bill Callahan and staff.

A new Husker staff will try to lure a big-time quarterback this time, knowing that its best chance starts today while Green attends the Nebraska Elite Quarterback Camp.

Green will be one of about 90 high school quarterbacks on campus, a smaller group than what the coaching staff has been dealing with this summer.

Last week, Nebraska's two high school camps featured more than 900 players, one of the larger totals in a number of years, said Jeff Jamrog, assistant athletic director for football.

The quarterback camp, however, is more "high intense," Jamrog said. In addition to the typical on-the-field drill work, players will watch film, giving them the opportunity to break down film with coaches.

It'll be Green's first chance to meet the Nebraska staff, other than the two primary recruiters - linebackers coach Mike Ekeler and receivers coach Ted Gilmore. And Green said he'll be prepared with plenty of questions.

"I'm excited to get with the coaches, just pick their brains as much as I can," Green said. "I want to see what it's like."

Green said he would like to make a verbal commitment to his future school within the next four weeks.

The recruiting process is a bit hectic, he said. Plus, he'd like to focus on getting ready for his senior season at Dayton, one he'll be fully healthy for.

That's not the greatest news for Friendswood High School, Dayton's first regular-season opponent next fall. Friendswood beat the Green-less Broncos 31-28 last year.

"I've had some good ones and I've seen a lot," said Steve Van Meter, Friendswood's 25-year coach. "As far as a physical presence and the tools to get the job done, (Green's) as good as they've come through here."

Before last fall's ankle injury, Green was hitting his receivers in stride as they ran 60 yards downfield, Stewart said.

That won't change, and neither will Green's willingness to help the team. Stewart expects to see Green entertaining the fans during the game, not just before it starts.

"We want him on the field all the time," Stewart said. "He can punt, he can kick; he might play a little corner for us. He's not going to be cheering half the game."