NYC Huskers?

treece

I live in NYC and have some friends coming in from Omaha that want to watch the opening night game while they are here. I have heard that there is a Husker bar or bars here but can't seem to find out where. Is anybody on this forum aware of such a place? If there is more than one, please let me know which is the best. I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

I live in NYC and have some friends coming in from Omaha that want to watch the opening night game while they are here. I have heard that there is a Husker bar or bars here but can't seem to find out where. Is anybody on this forum aware of such a place? If there is more than one, please let me know which is the best. I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Take a look in the Plan-It Husker form - specifically, HERE. Not only are the NYC watch parties and locations listed, we have listings for up and down the east coast.

I live in NYC. The place to watch Nebraska is the Wild Irish Rogue:

http://www.theirishrogue.com/

Its NYC's unofficial Nebraska fan bar. Get there early, because there are tons of fans who show up to watch. It's a great atmosphere - everyone wears red, the place is packed and when we score it gets LOUD. They ring this big f'ing brass bell every time something good happens (big first down, sack, etc...).

Highly recommended.

I grew up in North Jersey and moved out to Nebraska when I was 20 years to go to college. In Omaha now, but if anyone needs any info and sh#t let me know. I went to the Huskers bars in the city way back in the '90's. The Husker bar used to be the BEAR BAR up on 2nd Ave - 96th St. Got shut down though for underage drinking.

As mentioned get their early.

BTW, did any of you guys go to the Irish Rogue a few years ago when I brought a whole bunch of Husker gear in with me and had a free raffle. It was a Missouri game from about three years ago?

I live in NYC. The place to watch Nebraska is the Wild Irish Rogue:

http://www.theirishrogue.com/

Its NYC's unofficial Nebraska fan bar. Get there early, because there are tons of fans who show up to watch. It's a great atmosphere - everyone wears red, the place is packed and when we score it gets LOUD. They ring this big f'ing brass bell every time something good happens (big first down, sack, etc...).

Highly recommended.

I was on vacation in NY last year and thanks to the advise of fellow board members I went to the Irish Rogue. It's a great place to watch the Husker's! Unfortunately it was the Okie St game and obviously we got killed and everybody was pissed, but It's definitely a great bar to watch the Husker's. I also highly recommend it and you definitely want to get there early.

I'm from Bellevue, NE but am now stationed about 75 miles north of NYC. I plan on making the train trip to the city for the watch party with my boss. He is a WM fan and it should be fun to see how he handles a BIG RED CROWD!

GO BIG RED!

Alair, you're stationed up at West Point?

I'm from Bellevue, NE but am now stationed about 75 miles north of NYC. I plan on making the train trip to the city for the watch party with my boss. He is a WM fan and it should be fun to see how he handles a BIG RED CROWD!

GO BIG RED!

or could that be McGuire Air force Base? Might be to far south

GO BIG RED!

Yeah, that's a bit too far south, puts him down near Red Bank/Sandy Hook area...

GO BIG RED!

Yeah, that's a bit too far south, puts him down near Red Bank/Sandy Hook area...

I'm an active duty guardsman (AGR) stationed at Stewart ANGB. Live 5 minutes from West Point, season ticket holder (yeah I know, Army football sucks but hey, got my tickets for the Air Force game at West Point - Go Air Force, Beat Army!)

GO BIG RED!

I'm an active duty guardsman (AGR) stationed at Stewart ANGB. Live 5 minutes from West Point, season ticket holder (yeah I know, Army football sucks but hey, got my tickets for the Air Force game at West Point - Go Air Force, Beat Army!)

West Point in the fall is almost heaven....coming up the Hudson around the bends