sign09.png

Player: Andrew Green

Hometown: San Antonio, TX

Position: CB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 181 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa State, Colorado, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Purdue, Houston

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: ESPN evaluation: Green is a well-rounded corner prospect with a good blend of physical and mental skills at the position. Has coveted height, is layered with good muscle tone and his rangy frame should continue to fill out well. A bit of a waist bender but overall shows above average fluidity and flexibility for a taller corner. Transitions quickly and smoothly out of his pedal breaking on plays underneath him. Shows strong plant and drive skill and burst on the ball. Anticipates throws and reads underneath routes very well allowing him to quickly undercut the ball. If he can't separate the ball from the receiver he looks for a firm often punishing tackle. Flashes good strength and physicality pressing and rerouting receivers off the line with his long arms. More here: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15%. Looks like this CB will end up in the Big 12. Kansas is recruiting him very hard.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

From Huskerjournal:

OCTOBER 7, 2008. PREP STAR

ANDREW GREEN, LB, 6-0, 176, 4.5, SAN ANTONIO (JAMES MADISON), TEXAS

“I already visited Nebraska and my next visit is October 24 at Iowa State.” Green said

“I like Nebraska a lot,” Green said. "I like the Nebraska coaches, fans and tradition. The location is good too.”

“My host there (Nebraska) was Lester Ward. He’s a good guy to talk to. I also met Khiry Cooper.” Green said

“Nebraska didn’t say If I could play early, I would have to battle for a spot. I met Tom Osborne he’s a cool guy. Coach Osborne knows a lot about football.” Green said

“I like Bo Pelini he has a good record behind him. He’s a laid back guy. Nebraska coaches like my athletic ability. I’m not real tall but I make plays. They also like my feet.” Green added

“I don’t know too much about Iowa State,” Green said. “I’m going to go up there and check them out.” Green said

“I have a highlight tape that I’m going to send Texas A&M,” Green said. “They are showing some interest.” Green added

“Michigan coaches called my coach about me but they didn’t offer.”Green said

“I don’t have any favorites. I just been on one visit and nothing to compare to.” Green said

• 2 months later...