SIGNED: CB Andrew Green

With Green, Washington (if he stays), Gomes, Middleton, and Bryd, do you guys think we are done at DB? Will we still take Lester White?

The word out is that potentially Washington, Byrd, and a linebacker named Norman may/will be academic casualties. In addition, Washington is looking elsewhere. Thus, according to ESPN rankings our # 2, #3, and #6 recruits in terms of rankings are perhaps unlikely ever to don the red N. So...

The DB's that are likely to arrive on campus are Middleton, Gomes, Green and Taylor Martinez (a QB perched for a position switch). I would not count either Byrd or Washington until there is evidence that they qualify. So...

Do not be surprised if NU nabs one more (or two) DB's --- especially if one is a potential at another position too (say a Burkhead as a DB or RB). If Lester White is willing I assure you he will be N. Burkhead too.

thats a little off from what I have heard all year. Havent they said that they dont want to wait around to see if recruits are going to make it and if there is a doubt then they will just move on? I heard this because they didnt want to have the same thing happen that happened with Whitmore and Grant. But I really really hope this is not true bc that would take out class from around 30 from final rankings essentially to 50 if we lose out on our three or four best players.

thats a little off from what I have heard all year. Havent they said that they dont want to wait around to see if recruits are going to make it and if there is a doubt then they will just move on? I heard this because they didnt want to have the same thing happen that happened with Whitmore and Grant. But I really really hope this is not true bc that would take out class from around 30 from final rankings essentially to 50 if we lose out on our three or four best players.

This is why Middleton and Green are on board --- Bo and company are still offering DB's in the event that Washington and Byrd don't make the cut. The difference between this season and last was that now they are loading up to soften the blow if they fail. If one of them (Washington or Byrd) do make it then the size of the DB's they have recruited will enable some of the CB's to become safeties and maybe have a safety bulk up and become a speed OLB. Who knows --- but they are after number and size/physical play. Not all of them will wear Red --- that is for sure --- but enough will.

Andrew Green is a really good looking DB prospect especially built for Pelini's Zone style of D. Gathered from another board that he has an uncle that played pro ball for the Rams.

Also Andrew Green has a little brother that is a sophomore this year and will be a HIGHLY recruited RB for the 2011 class. Amazing speed and cutting ability. Hopefully the Whorns don't come in and he wants to come up to NU to play with his brother.

Sorry no youtube/highlight footage of big brother Andrew!

Andrew Green is a really good looking DB prospect especially built for Pelini's Zone style of D. Gathered from another board that he has an uncle that played pro ball for the Rams.

Also Andrew Green has a little brother that is a sophomore this year and will be a HIGHLY recruited RB for the 2011 class. Amazing speed and cutting ability. Hopefully the Whorns don't come in and he wants to come up to NU to play with his brother.

Sorry no youtube/highlight footage of big brother Andrew!

wow, that kid is goooood!!!