Western Michigan Breakdown

I'm really hoping we go (for the lack of a better term) old school. Pound the ball up the middle and maybe a sweep here and there. Thrown in a screen here and there, but primarily ground and pound.

Hopefully by the 3rd quarter their D'line will be praying for death, and thats when we pull away.

Just like in the good ol' days...

NU 28 - WMU - 10

I'm really hoping we go (for the lack of a better term) old school. Pound the ball up the middle and maybe a sweep here and there. Thrown in a screen here and there, but primarily ground and pound.

Hopefully by the 3rd quarter their D'line will be praying for death, and thats when we pull away.

NU 28 - WMU - 10

That is what I loved the most about the glory years. Watching the systematic destruction of the opponent until by the 4th qtr we owned them and their will to survive had been broken. :bonez

NU 28 - WMU - 10

That is what I loved the most about the glory years. Watching the systematic destruction of the opponent until by the 4th qtr we owned them and their will to survive had been broken. :bonez

Stop man, i'm gettin misty over here....

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

\m/

NU 28 - WMU - 10

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

\m/

You know that with each play the opponent is whimpering like a scared little puppy that is getting its nose rubbed where it just peed

NU 28 - WMU - 10

\m/

You know that with each play the opponent is whimpering like a scared little puppy that is getting its nose rubbed where it just peed

You know I appreciate the passion of you Husker fans...but this notion that Nebraska is going to physically pound our offense into submission is not based on the current reality. We have an upper level MAC offense. A dynamic passing game and a skilled running back. Our TE is excellent as well. We have a defense loaded with experienced upper classmen, and a secondary that is very very good and not by MAC standards but by anyones standard. I expect our guys to be playing in a very tough place against a very motivated and talented team. But I would be shocked if we were blown out. The last two seasons WMU won @Virginia and @Iowa, and guys right now I don't see a defense at Nebraska as good as those two teams. We are breaking in a new kicker and I think Ganz and Lucky are just outstanding so I can't realistically see us winning.

I predict a tough game with both teams being able to move the ball well into the 4th quarter with Nebraska winning on its home turf 38-28

"We have a defense loaded with experienced upper classmen, and a secondary that is very very good and not by MAC standards but by anyones standard."

Speaking of the Bronco secondary, how cool is it that the son of Husker legend Irving Fryar will be playing a game in Memorial Stadium. Londen has been a two time All MAC player two years running. Wasn't aware of this till recently. Heres to year three! Let's hope he doesn't get to warmed up till week two though!

I think Bo will have them very pumped up and ready to roll. I see us smoking them, and hope we do. we have not lost a season opener at home since I think 81 or 85. I am ready to see us stomp them and get the cofidence on the defence built back up. Remeber what Bo did in 2003? he took the same players that played horrible the year befor and made them one of the best in the nation. The guy knows Defence. Im not saying our defence is gonna be a great team this year, but I think they will be solid.

:yeah

GBR!

"You know I appreciate the passion of you Husker fans...but this notion that Nebraska is going to physically pound our offense into submission is not based on the current reality. We have an upper level MAC offense. A dynamic passing game and a skilled running back. Our TE is excellent as well. We have a defense loaded with experienced upper classmen, and a secondary that is very very good and not by MAC standards but by anyones standard. I expect our guys to be playing in a very tough place against a very motivated and talented team. But I would be shocked if we were blown out. The last two seasons WMU won @Virginia and @Iowa, and guys right now I don't see a defense at Nebraska as good as those two teams. We are breaking in a new kicker and I think Ganz and Lucky are just outstanding so I can't realistically see us winning.

I predict a tough game with both teams being able to move the ball well into the 4th quarter with Nebraska winning on its home turf 38-28"

Sorry man, but Nebraska's going to beat that @ss!!!! Everybody, and I mean everybody, wants to talk about how bad the Husker's defense is, but what they fail to realize is that the defensive performance you'll see this year won't be anywhere reminscent of the horrendous crap we saw from the team last year!! Yes, Pelini is the main reason for the resurgence of the Blackshirts, but you also have to look at the attitudes of other coaches he brought with him, the way the fan base has embraced the coaching change and the turn around in the attitude of the players. These guys are coming around and I can just see them flying to the ball with the intensity and tenacity that we expect from the Blackshirts. No more pansy ass, side-stepping, shirt tackles; only shoulders through the rib cage that cause vibration throughout the spinal column and a lot of wheazy gasps for air will be exceptable. This team is hungry (as am I) and the only thing that might satisfy their bellys is a season full of wins, lots of turnovers, another trip to the Big 12 Championship Game and a BCS game berth.

Yes, they have a lot to prove but I have no doubt they will achieve every goal they've set and I'm ready for the hits to begin. I've drank about a keg and 1/2 of Kool-Aid since Callahan got canned and I can hardly contain my excitement. Only another 8 days to go and I can't help but feel a little sorry for the teams we play this year, somebody's gotta lose, and with our restored D I guarantee you it's not going to be us!!!

NU 42 WMU 10, GBR!!!!!!

Appy State had a lot of small guys when they handed Michigan their ass last year...size does not always matter, speed and quickness kills, always has.......always will.

ALLRIGHT!!! Size doesn't matter and Speed Kills!!!! "See honey I always told you I was a killer in bed!!

Oh crap this is a football thread..DAMN :lol:

You know I appreciate the passion of you Husker fans...but this notion that Nebraska is going to physically pound our offense into submission is not based on the current reality. We have an upper level MAC offense. A dynamic passing game and a skilled running back. Our TE is excellent as well. We have a defense loaded with experienced upper classmen, and a secondary that is very very good and not by MAC standards but by anyones standard. I expect our guys to be playing in a very tough place against a very motivated and talented team. But I would be shocked if we were blown out. The last two seasons WMU won @Virginia and @Iowa, and guys right now I don't see a defense at Nebraska as good as those two teams. We are breaking in a new kicker and I think Ganz and Lucky are just outstanding so I can't realistically see us winning.

I predict a tough game with both teams being able to move the ball well into the 4th quarter with Nebraska winning on its home turf 38-28

I agree with you, man. I also think that it's very possible that our green D could be surprised. I refuse to drink the Kool-Aid till I see a game. After getting pumped so full of hype and not seeing any results for four years, I have a hard time being so blindly enthusiastic about everything. If you guys win, more power to you. But I hope you don't! Hope it's a good game!

There is one thing you neglected in your well put together retort...

The Bronco's are going to play an angry, highly motivated football team with something to prove. They've got a chip on their shoulder from last year, and I think that's going to lead to my aforementioned 28-10 prediction...

There is one thing you neglected in your well put together retort...

The Bronco's are going to play an angry, highly motivated football team with something to prove. They've got a chip on their shoulder from last year, and I think that's going to lead to my aforementioned 28-10 prediction...

I don't disagree that Nebraska will be better coached, more motivated, etc... I just take exception to this notion that the D has gotten so much better through intangibles that they can hold our experienced and fairly prolific offense to just 10 points. The Broncos have alot to prove this year as well, and our upperclassmen have experience playing and winning a few tough road games at BCS stadiums. My primary concern for us in this game is holding the Huskers prolific offense in check early so that we aren't trying to play from behind all day. The ability to score points on the Nebraska defense is farther down my (lengthy) list of concerns.

I don't disagree that Nebraska will be better coached, more motivated, etc... I just take exception to this notion that the D has gotten so much better through intangibles that they can hold our experienced and fairly prolific offense to just 10 points. The Broncos have alot to prove this year as well, and our upperclassmen have experience playing and winning a few tough road games at BCS stadiums. My primary concern for us in this game is holding the Huskers prolific offense in check early so that we aren't trying to play from behind all day. The ability to score points on the Nebraska defense is farther down my (lengthy) list of concerns.

@ Northern Illinois (#97 Total D) 17 pts

@ Eastern Michigan (#90 Total D) 2 pts

vs Temple (#112 Total D) 16 pts

Based on those games, 10 pts seems reasonable. Of course, the offense did quite a bit better in blowouts against very good Ds in West Virginia and Missouri and competitive games against likes of Akron and Central Michigan so it seems that something in the 20s is more likely.