Sarah Palin (Republican VP for McCain)

cmb23

Yeah, so I'm not going to give any opinions on my thoughts on this....that's for more serious boards. Here's what I'm amazed by.

So not only is Sarah Palin a GILF (Governor I'd Like to...you know) but she remined me of someone. I couldn't figure out who though.

Upon hearing the news that her teenage daughter was pregnant, it finally helped me figure out who she looked like. They could pass for twins.

Sarah Palin w/ pregnant teenage daughter (that's Sarah's baby she's holding...her brother)

539w.jpg

Lynne Spears w/ teenage daughter...just before pregnancy I'm guessing.

lynne_spears_jamie_lynn_spears.jpg

Yeah, so I'm not going to give any opinions on my thoughts on this....that's for more serious boards. Here's what I'm amazed by.

So not only is Sarah Palin a GILF (Governor I'd Like to...you know) but she remined me of someone. I couldn't figure out who though.

Upon hearing the news that her teenage daughter was pregnant, it finally helped me figure out who she looked like. They could pass for twins.

Sarah Palin w/ pregnant teenage daughter (that's Sarah's baby she's holding...her brother)

539w.jpg

Regardless of political affiliation, all this pregnant teen sh#t is off-limits in the political arena.

However, I agree on Palin being a Gilf :koolaid2:

539w.jpg

Regardless of political affiliation, all this pregnant teen sh#t is off-limits in the political arena.

Why? If they wanna run around professing traditional family values than they should get this thrown at them. I remember a few conservative talking heads trashing Chelsea Clinton about her looks. Where was the outrage there?

And I never agreed with that either (though she was uglier than a box a rocks when she was younger). Same with Edwards' wife when she came out saying she had breast cancer...or Cheney's daughter being gay. I don't-give-a-flying-fuk what goes on within their family. That's their personal business. It has nothing to do with how they intend to run this country.

I'm not a fan of Obama (nor McCain for that matter) but I had to give him credit when he was asked about Palin's daughter being 5 mo's pregnant. His answer was, it's off limits, and I agree with that.

who wants to bet this marriage is probably more of a "forced" marriage between the families? And obviously, I don't know the two kids...but I doubt it lasts.

I just find stories like this comical. Just like when the conservative pastors turn out to be gay...or the senator fighting the war on drugs gets caught with cocaine...etc.

Her mom doesn't have control over her daughter's life and I'm sure she'll make more mistakes as she grows up...but it's just comical. Especially since her mother is against sex education.

Hey...I'm not trying to get an argument going between the donkeys and the elephants. All I'm saying is that what an odd coincidence that two attractive middle-aged women that look eerily similar to one another both have pregnant teenage daughters!!!

eh, not that odd.

Attractive middle aged women have attractive daughters who get a lot of attention from guys. A lot of attention from guys leads to sex. And having a mother who is conservative and against sex education...leads to pregnancy.

(disclaimer...yes, I know...not all the time. And I don't know if Spears' family is the same way)

I agree that she is a gilf and I also agree that what happens in her family life is out of the political arena. I'm not a republican and I have to agree with both parties saying, Obama and McCain, that this has nothing to do with anything of importance. It happens so what......................

539w.jpg

Why? If they wanna run around professing traditional family values than they should get this thrown at them. I remember a few conservative talking heads trashing Chelsea Clinton about her looks. Where was the outrage there?

If your gonna profess to being all about values, you should have your own house in order. I think there is plenty that will undo this horrendous VP pick before her prego daughter will. Complete lack of relevant political experience maybe?

***SNIP***

Her mom doesn't have control over her daughter's life and I'm sure she'll make more mistakes as she grows up...but it's just comical. Especially since her mother is against sex education.

And having a mother who is conservative and against sex education...leads to pregnancy.

I was going to bypass this subject, but since you decided to use a sharp stick....

Are you accusing Palin of being a hypocrite, because she is a social conservative? First I have to say, about what? Tell me, which social conservative guarantees, if you try to teach your children the right values and morals, they are not going to go out and do something stupid, make a mistake, or break a law? It's called growing up.

Are you saying that Palin is a bad parent, because every bad parent has a kid does some unwise, dumb, or immoral thing? That statement would encompass...well...about 100% of the parents I know.

Are you saying because her mother is against explicit sexual education in school led to her daughter's pregnancy? I guess you did, because I included that statement from your other post. I believe she supports abstinence-only, but that's beside the point. This would be a big issue, but it would be more compelling if there was any good evidence that sexual education with contraception is any more effective than abstinence-only. Unfortunately, neither is very effective. You can count on the next time another story comes out about abstinence-only not lowering teen birth rates, the Dems will run to the nearest camera to emote they're gleefulness, all the while ignoring the sex education programs they have been pushing for 30 years are also abject failures, but hey, let not the facts get in the way of a good smear.

I'm not saying she's a bad parent at all...nor am I saying her daughter is a screw up. You misunderstood what I was saying. I fully agree with you that her and her family are going to come across some of the same issues all of America's families do. Their human just like us. However, yes, obviously I do think that her stance on abstinence-only bleeds over into her family values. Not knowing what her daughter grew up with learning I have no clue whether or not she knew of any contraceptive choices that were available to her when she decided to have sex. But I don't think her mother was running out to help purchase birth control or condoms for her.

I'm just saying that being conservative and teaching your children conservative values when it comes to sex saying "you don't need to know what sex is about or how to prevent pregnancy...just don't do it" is stupid. Then sex becomes more of a taboo subject and people just remain uninformed. And our society just produces more babies to underage girls and more STDs. In a household where the parent(s) don't want the subject of contraceptives being taught to a daughter who is having sex...it should come to no surprise when that same daughter announces she's pregnant.

I find it ridiculous that in today's age we still have so many uninformed people when it comes to sexual education.

I heard that the toddler is her Daughter's too..That Sarah Palin (Grandma) was trying to pass him off as hers to help protect her daughter (Bree from Desparate Housewives).

I do, however, feel there's way more important issues.

Her relative lack of political experience is probably a good thing.

(Who wants more of the same from OUR government?)

Same hairstyles. That's just...spooky.

Thank you for making a statement related to why I was posting this. Tell me that you don' picture her (either one) pulling a pencil out of the up-do and (slow motion) shaking her head back and forth as her hair falls down....