Sarah Palin (Republican VP for McCain)

cmb23

If your gonna profess to being all about values, you should have your own house in order. I think there is plenty that will undo this horrendous VP pick before her prego daughter will. Complete lack of relevant political experience maybe?

and you think that Obama has any "Relevant" political experience?

What experience does he have? Community Organizor, State Senator, US Senator. 2 years of his 3 1/2 years of his Senate experience he has been running for president.

What Executive Experience does he have?

Paylin was a Mayor for 6 years, small town (9000 people) but so what, still a mayor and had to make decisions for the good of the people. Governor for 2 years, large state small population, Commander of the AK National Guard.

have you been watching any of the news reports about her experience? she has more "Executive" experience than McCain, Obama, and Biden have combined

I'm not saying she's a bad parent at all...nor am I saying her daughter is a screw up. You misunderstood what I was saying. I fully agree with you that her and her family are going to come across some of the same issues all of America's families do. Their human just like us. However, yes, obviously I do think that her stance on abstinence-only bleeds over into her family values. Not knowing what her daughter grew up with learning I have no clue whether or not she knew of any contraceptive choices that were available to her when she decided to have sex. But I don't think her mother was running out to help purchase birth control or condoms for her.

I'm just saying that being conservative and teaching your children conservative values when it comes to sex saying "you don't need to know what sex is about or how to prevent pregnancy...just don't do it" is stupid. Then sex becomes more of a taboo subject and people just remain uninformed. And our society just produces more babies to underage girls and more STDs. In a household where the parent(s) don't want the subject of contraceptives being taught to a daughter who is having sex...it should come to no surprise when that same daughter announces she's pregnant.

I find it ridiculous that in today's age we still have so many uninformed people when it comes to sexual education.

You got to be kidding me, this day and age? Just about every where you turn today is geared toward sex. The movies, music, and pop culture. I'll bet you $50 you can walk down the street in any jerk water town, pick any teenager out of a crowd, and ask them what they know about sex. Son, you better bring a notebook, cause you're going to learn a few things that even you haven't thought of.

Seriously, I don't know where you get your information on conservatives, but you couldn't be more wrong. Sex is not some taboo subject to conservatives at all. In a household where the parent, doesn't want the subject of contraceptives taught are usually the ones that want to do that themselves, because they feel that is their obligation as parents. In the age of the internet, the information is at everyones fingertips. This may sound a little self righteous, but I'm not known for my tact anyways. When did we get so damn lazy as parents, that we can't set our kids down and teach them things like this? Instead, we look to some outside person to do it for us, and we take it for granted that our kids are being taught what they need to know. Sure they teach Tab A goes into Slot B and if you use this, all is OK. Our kids are being taught about the physical changes, and the STD's and such, but are they teaching responsibility when it comes to ones actions? Are they teaching the psychological aspects, and how this will affect them later on. I don't know, maybe this is a dumb rant. Just as you say, "you don't need to know what sex is about or how to prevent pregnancy...just don't do it" is stupid. The same can be said for parents of teens that have taken sex-ed in school, when they take it for granted that their teenagers know everything they need to know is stupid. I see your point, but I hope you see mine too.

Also, everybody just assumed that they weren't using protection. Maybe they did, and something went wrong.

You got to be kidding me, this day and age? Just about every where you turn today is geared toward sex. The movies, music, and pop culture. I'll bet you $50 you can walk down the street in any jerk water town, pick any teenager out of a crowd, and ask them what they know about sex. Son, you better bring a notebook, cause you're going to learn a few things that even you haven't thought of.

Of course everything we see is geared towards sex...which is even more reason why we NEED sexual education taught to our kids. Yes, it would be AWESOME if every parent could do this on their own. If every parent sat down their child at the age of 10-12 (or whenever it's taught now) and had an open, lengthy discussion with them explaining puberty, STDs, sexual reproduction, sex in the media, teen pregnancies and any other health related questions their children may have. But not every parent does that. Hell, it would be awesome if every child even had a parent! Still, not every child does. Not every child grows up with a perfect mother, father, siblings and a house with a white picket fence in suburbia. If I was a parent I don't think even I could explain everything to my child...because I'm NOT a doctor or a teacher. But we send our kids to school to learn things right? I don't know everything about English literature or calculus to teach my child...so I send them to people that can teach them that. Just as I think we should send our students to teachers who know more about sexual education than I do. But of course I agree that we need to help our children through these courses JUST like we would help them through any other subject matter they take in school. All parents need help teaching their children these things. And why should we deny a parent the outlet to take their children to someone else who is more qualified to teach them? Should we just say "okay, we're banning sexual education from all schools....parents, you're on your own. Good luck!" If you disagree with contraceptives for religious or personal beliefs...that's your prerogative. But allow your child to learn what's out there so that THEY can make the decision for themselves.

Maybe I'm the only one who felt comfortable with the level of sex education I got out of high school...or even elementary school when we had it. I felt as if everything was presented in an unbiased manner. And I even went to public school here in the midwest!!

sorry, cmb23...I know you wanted to avoid this type of discussion. But that's what politics are all about isn't it?! :)

If your gonna profess to being all about values, you should have your own house in order. I think there is plenty that will undo this horrendous VP pick before her prego daughter will. Complete lack of relevant political experience maybe?

and you think that Obama has any "Relevant" political experience?

What experience does he have? Community Organizor, State Senator, US Senator. 2 years of his 3 1/2 years of his Senate experience he has been running for president.

What Executive Experience does he have?

Paylin was a Mayor for 6 years, small town (9000 people) but so what, still a mayor and had to make decisions for the good of the people. Governor for 2 years, large state small population, Commander of the AK National Guard.

have you been watching any of the news reports about her experience? she has more "Executive" experience than McCain, Obama, and Biden have combined

Great points.........With all the Donkey smearing, it has been difficult to realize that she has some strong experiences.

I just wonder if she can survive the mudslinging or if she tells McCain that she can't go forward. I don't think McCain can just drop her, but if he starts to see his numbers falling, is there enough time for him to recover with someone else?

The idea that ANYTHING is relevant experience before becoming President is lunacy. Being a mayor, gov, Senator, or whatever is so vastly different from being President that it isnt even funny. Nothing is like it. Sure knowledge helps, but if anyone thinks being in charge of a state's national guard is even remotely close to being Commander in Chief, I have a bridge to sell you. Mayor? Really? Is the former mayor of Elkhorn(Its about the same size as that Alaskan town) qualified to be President? Is Mike Fahey? I would say no way in hell.

No previous job can prepare a person to be President. There have been good, and terrible Presidents who have been Govs, or Senators. Previous jobs have no bearing.

The right wing cant have it both ways. They cant use Palin as a champion of conservative values(which ALWAYS include no sex before marriage) and not have anything bad to say about her 17 year old daughter being pregnant. Maybe many conservatives have different views on this, but the public mouthpieces do not. And weather you like it or not, the public mouthpieces are who define how you are viewed. I personally dont care, but there is so much double speak around this fact it isnt funny.

we need to vote more than just on "experience". Experience is just a small sliver of the pie. There are so many other issues that you need to look into. I care more about where Barack stands on the major issues like stem cell research, same sex marriage, pro-life/choice, foreign affairs, domestic affairs, etc....than I do about his experience.

The vote will always be between a douche and a turd sandwich...I just gotta find the one who I agree with the most. That's the way I see it.

Same hairstyles. That's just...spooky.

Thank you for making a statement related to why I was posting this. Tell me that you don' picture her (either one) pulling a pencil out of the up-do and (slow motion) shaking her head back and forth as her hair falls down....

For some reason, Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" springs to mind...

we need to vote more than just on "experience". Experience is just a small sliver of the pie. There are so many other issues that you need to look into. I care more about where Barack stands on the major issues like stem cell research, same sex marriage, pro-life/choice, foreign affairs, domestic affairs, etc....than I do about his experience.

The vote will always be between a douche and a turd sandwich...I just gotta find the one who I agree with the most. That's the way I see it.

Someone posted a link to a site that compaired the candidates stand on issues with your own..I was very surprised.

There are very few issues that I have that strong of an opinion on, but I was surprised I agreed almost totally with two of the candidates..Made me want to rethink my whole life.

(Me agreeing with two polititians).

Anyone remember the site?

Of course everything we see is geared towards sex...which is even more reason why we NEED sexual education taught to our kids. Yes, it would be AWESOME if every parent could do this on their own. If every parent sat down their child at the age of 10-12 (or whenever it's taught now) and had an open, lengthy discussion with them explaining puberty, STDs, sexual reproduction, sex in the media, teen pregnancies and any other health related questions their children may have. But not every parent does that. Hell, it would be awesome if every child even had a parent! Still, not every child does. Not every child grows up with a perfect mother, father, siblings and a house with a white picket fence in suburbia. If I was a parent I don't think even I could explain everything to my child...because I'm NOT a doctor or a teacher. But we send our kids to school to learn things right? I don't know everything about English literature or calculus to teach my child...so I send them to people that can teach them that. Just as I think we should send our students to teachers who know more about sexual education than I do. But of course I agree that we need to help our children through these courses JUST like we would help them through any other subject matter they take in school. All parents need help teaching their children these things. And why should we deny a parent the outlet to take their children to someone else who is more qualified to teach them? Should we just say "okay, we're banning sexual education from all schools....parents, you're on your own. Good luck!" If you disagree with contraceptives for religious or personal beliefs...that's your prerogative. But allow your child to learn what's out there so that THEY can make the decision for themselves.

Maybe I'm the only one who felt comfortable with the level of sex education I got out of high school...or even elementary school when we had it. I felt as if everything was presented in an unbiased manner. And I even went to public school here in the midwest!!

sorry, cmb23...I know you wanted to avoid this type of discussion. But that's what politics are all about isn't it?! :)

First off, I want to apologize to cmb23 taking (hijacking) your thread in this direction, but I thought it would pertinent to the topic, where it was going. To answer your question, yes there is some resemblance.

Benny, I agree - You're preaching to the choir, here. I just believe we need to make sure the people that teach these classes are competent to do so.

Someone posted a link to a site that compaired the candidates stand on issues with your own..I was very surprised.

There are very few issues that I have that strong of an opinion on, but I was surprised I agreed almost totally with two of the candidates..Made me want to rethink my whole life.

(Me agreeing with two polititians).

Anyone remember the site?

LINK