Player: Jason Pierre-Paul

Hometown: Deerfield Beach, FL

JUCO: Fort Scott CC (Fort Scott, KS)

Position: DE

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 265 lbs.

40 time: 4.71

Visit Date: 9-6-2008

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Miami (FL), South Florida, UCF, Virginia Tech

Schools of Interest:

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

ESPN: Not Yet Rated

Jason Pierre-Paul on ESPN

Rivals:

stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif

Jason Pierre-Paul on Rivals

Bid Red Report:

Jason Pierre-Paul on Scout

Assessing the talent:

Named First-Team All-WSC as a freshman in 2007 when he had 12 sacks, 37 tackles and 12 TFLs. This guy is THE MAN.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 20%.

Notes: Plays on the same JUCO team as fellow Husker recruit Jacquain Williams. Visited for the SJSU game.

556770.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Not looking too good:

UA has eye on Fort Scott prospects

Pierre-Paul, 6-6, 265, 4. 65, said he has offers from Kansas State, Kansas, LSU, Arkansas, South Florida, Central Florida and Florida International.

Pierre-Paul is from Deerfield Beach, Fla., but he said he has no favorites and that going back to his home state isn’t a priority.

“I know I’m going to visit Arkansas, LSU and South Florida,” said Pierre-Paul, who said he can bench press 225 pounds 20 times. “I’m going to take all five visits if it’s possible.”

He credits McGee for his interest in the Razorbacks.

“I like the coach, and he said they were interested in me,” Pierre-Paul said. “It’s a good school, so I want to check out the school. Wherever I can play football, I’m going.” Pierre-Paul has played well this season, recording 20

unas-1 sisted tackles, 11 assisted, 11 / 2 tackles for losses of 45 yards, 1 5 / 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery. “I’m a playmaker,” he said. “I’m a fast player, just all out.” Pierre-Paul said he doesn’t know much about Arkansas but is looking for school where he has a good relationship with the coaching staff and can get his degree. He’ll have two years of eligibility. Kinnie and Pierre-Paul will be spring graduates.

Not looking too good:

Pierre-Paul, 6-6, 265, 4. 65, said he has offers from Kansas State, Kansas, LSU, Arkansas, South Florida, Central Florida and Florida International.

Pierre-Paul is from Deerfield Beach, Fla., but he said he has no favorites and that going back to his home state isn’t a priority.

“I know I’m going to visit Arkansas, LSU and South Florida,” said Pierre-Paul, who said he can bench press 225 pounds 20 times. “I’m going to take all five visits if it’s possible.”

“I like the coach, and he said they were interested in me,” Pierre-Paul said. “It’s a good school, so I want to check out the school. Wherever I can play football, I’m going.” Pierre-Paul has played well this season, recording 20

unas-1 sisted tackles, 11 assisted, 11 / 2 tackles for losses of 45 yards, 1 5 / 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery. “I’m a playmaker,” he said. “I’m a fast player, just all out.” Pierre-Paul said he doesn’t know much about Arkansas but is looking for school where he has a good relationship with the coaching staff and can get his degree. He’ll have two years of eligibility. Kinnie and Pierre-Paul will be spring graduates.

:dunno I don't understand the assessment of not looking to good. From what I've heard it's pretty much between Nebraska and South Florida and I didn't see anything in that article that would change that.

Not looking too good:

:dunno I don't understand the assessment of not looking to good. From what I've heard it's pretty much between Nebraska and South Florida and I didn't see anything in that article that would change that.

Might have something to do with the fact the article never mentions NU?

• 2 months later...

On another forum, there is some sentiment that Nebraska is still in it for this guy if Heimuli falls through. Anyone hear anything?

This is the only recent published item I could find from an article about the Ankrah commitment:

Nebraska is still in the running for a couple defensive linemen. Latu Heimuli, from Salt Lake City, is an option, but the Huskers face stiff competition from Florida, Colorado and California for his commitment. Another possibility might be Jason Pierre-Paul, a defensive end from Fort Scott (Kan.) Junior College whose teammate, Brandon Kinnie, committed to Nebraska a couple weeks ago. Pierre-Paul has been skittish about which teams he truly favors – Arkansas, Florida, Arizona and South Florida are among his suitors – but NU may be in the running.