When will the Blackshirts be back?

BelieveN

When will the Blackshirts be back?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

as long as bc is here, coz will probably be along for the ride too. i say it will be 2 years until we have the chance to get substantially better, but if 3 to 4 years from now, we are still not performing to blackshirt standards, then i think bc will feel the pressure from the fans to drop coz like a hot potato........and it would not surprise me to see this happen, i just don't think coz is right for NU, for some reason in my mind, he doesn't fit.....could be wrong though, hope so.....

hunter

I don't want to be too critical but I think Cosgrove is another Bohl. We may be better because we improved our team speed on defense, but if the scheme sucks so will the players.

I think youre giving coz too much credit. Even Bohls teams didnt perform this poorly. The only major change from 03 to 04 was the coaches and the schemes.

Period.

Dont give me any "Yeah, but we lost Demorrio" nonsense. He was just one player, one very good player, but one guy. There were tons of guys coming back in 04 w/ playing experience, and coz lead them to be one of the worst units in the Big 12. Just check out his performance at UW, and see what happened immediately following his departure.

Just check out his performance at UW

You mean his #1 and #2 rated defenses in 98 and 99? I'm not completely sold on Cosgrove, but he has had a few really good years at Wisconsin and several average years. Perhaps at Wisconsin it was harder to draw the top athletes than it is here at Nebraska. Who knows what the deal was there, but if the blackshirts don't show improvement next year, I think he will be on Pederson's chopping block whether Callahan likes it or not.

I say 2 years, I think we will be much better this year, and the incoming freshman wont take as long to get bigger and develop, especially not 3 to 5 years. So I say 2 years.

I agree Pillen. The new blood we are bringing in has speed and the ability. The only question is who will take the leadership role and will they have a positive or negative effect on the attutude of the BLACKSHIRTS.

I think the turnaround will be sooner than later. We're getting the talent back up.

I'm sure having 3 different D-coordinators in 3 years didn't sit well with a lot of the players on defense. And the offense never really gave them time to breathe. Both sides of the ball will improve next year as we win the North.

I don't want to be too critical but I think Cosgrove is another Bohl. We may be better because we improved our team speed on defense, but if the scheme sucks so will the players.

I think youre giving coz too much credit. Even Bohls teams didnt perform this poorly. The only major change from 03 to 04 was the coaches and the schemes.

Period.

Dont give me any "Yeah, but we lost Demorrio" nonsense. He was just one player, one very good player, but one guy. There were tons of guys coming back in 04 w/ playing experience, and coz lead them to be one of the worst units in the Big 12. Just check out his performance at UW, and see what happened immediately following his departure.

Allthough there is much better talent through JC. I cant beleive im saying this but I have to agree with you FF. You make a very valid point.

FF,

We lost 4 players that went to the NFL. Ruud maybe the only one drafted this year. Of course they were the same, do you live in foo foo land. And sure Demarrio did not make much difference. Just every single OC planned around him. There was absolutely no comparisson in talent to 04 to 03. Not to mention a hawk nosed jerk casusing problems with the players every opportunity he got.l

I say 2 years, I think we will be much better this year, and the incoming freshman wont take as long to get bigger and develop, especially not 3 to 5 years. So I say 2 years.

I agree Pillen. The new blood we are bringing in has speed and the ability. The only question is who will take the leadership role and will they have a positive or negative effect on the attutude of the BLACKSHIRTS.

I look to Octavien and Bowman for that, possibly D Bullocks.

These two guys might turn out to be better than what we were going to have. Certainly more speed.

We will return when Cosgrove is gone

Then who will we get? That will actually come here...... Or are you just telling me that once Coz is Gone al of our troubles will be gone..... Doesn't work that easy pal... give it some time...something we have not had lately or given anyone lately. I think it's our turn to give these guys some respect and let them do their thing. And then if it doesn't pan out in a few years then they deserve to get kicked out. Agree?

It sucks that the Huskers have had to go through so many DC in such a short time, but Cos needs to get some guys in here, that can trust him. And that's what it was, not too many wanted to learn another system.