Presidential Debate..............

My personal opinion is both candidates didn't explain how they feel about the economic situation right now well enough to give you an idea where they stand. Barack did show his lack of foreign policy experience, but I don't agree with how aggressive McCain is either. It gave me a better idea overall who I am going to vote for and I also didn't like how McCain was almost annoyed by Obama and how he seemed to laugh or smile like an a$$ throughout the debate. It wasn't as clear cut and informative as I had hoped.

Still votin' for Obama...

I grew tired of the "well, I've been to Iraq and met so-and-so...I know what we need there"

Yeah, all you've seen is the safety of the base with secret service protecting you. The showmanship grew tiring. Overall though I think Obama is a much better speaker than McCain. And although some may think it's a minute point....a President who is able to convey his thoughts to the public logically and simply is someone who I want to listen to. That's true for anyone you should follow. You don't want to attend a college class who's professor is boring to listen to and doesn't explain things well. And the truth is, the past eight years and recent economic troubles happened while the Republicans were in office. They had eight years to do what they needed...and look where we are at now. I think it's time to give the reigns over to a new group to see what they can do. Because I don't think McCain and Palin (who is an absolute idiot) are the ones to follow.

What I found more interesting than the debates was ABC's hour introduction. They had interviews with each candidate explaining their lives and interviewing each. We owe McCain a great deal for his service to our country. I couldn't imagine going through what he went through. But that doesn't mean he should run our country. ESPECIALLY our economy. McCain has never known everyday hardship (other than Vietnam) like many people in our country have. He was in a military family born to a father who was very well known. A mother who was an oil heiress...married a model, went to war, came back to find his model was paralyzed so he married a beer heiress (that's a whole different story there that ABC didn't touch yet), and owns more houses than he even knows about. Chris Rock said it best, even if he lost half of his homes...he would still sleep well at night. I don't think he knows what is best for the average American when it comes to the financial economy.

just my $.02

I grew tired of the "well, I've been to Iraq and met so-and-so...I know what I need there"

Yeah, all you've seen is the safety of the base with secret service protecting you. The showmanship grew tiring. Overall though I think Obama is a much better speaker than McCain. And although some may think it's a minute point....a President who is able to convey his thoughts to the public logically and simply is someone who I want to listen to. That's true for anyone you should follow. You don't want to attend a college class who's professor is boring to listen to and doesn't explain things well. And the truth is, the past eight years and recent economic troubles happened while the Republicans were in office. They had eight years to do what they needed...and look where we are at now. I think it's time to give the reigns over to a new group to see what they can do. Because I don't think McCain and Palin (who is an absolute idiot) are the ones to follow.

I also support Obama, but I don't really think that oratory skills are particularly important. It's true, a politician who can speak and motivate can inspire, but on the whole I think there are more important aspects of the position. I also don't associate economic troubles with whoever is in charge, because the economy is not so easily controlled. There are many factors involved.

All that said, I agree with you.

What I found more interesting than the debates was ABC's hour introduction. They had interviews with each candidate explaining their lives and interviewing each. We owe McCain a great deal for his service to our country. I couldn't imagine going through what he went through. But that doesn't mean he should run our country. ESPECIALLY our economy. McCain has never known everyday hardship (other than North Korea) like many people in our country have. He was in a military family born to a father who was very well known. A mother who was an oil heiress...married a model, went to war, came back to find his model was paralyzed so he married a beer heiress (that's a whole different story there that ABC didn't touch yet), and owns more houses than he even knows about. Chris Rock said it best, even if he lost half of his homes...he would still sleep well at night. I don't think he knows what is best for the average American when it comes to the financial economy.

You mean Vietnam? The fact is I don't think most presidential candidates know hardship. And it doesn't matter that they can't relate, or how wealthy or privileged they were. I don't get the appeal of "the common man" candidate who we can relate to. We're looking for a prez, right? Not a friend. So while I do also support Obama, I don't think it's any knock on McCain the kind of family he was born and his upbringing. Obama wasn't so underprivileged himself. McCain doesn't know best when it comes to the financial economy because, well, he just doesn't know the economy.

just my $.02

I grew tired of the "well, I've been to Iraq and met so-and-so...I know what I need there"

What I found more interesting than the debates was ABC's hour introduction. They had interviews with each candidate explaining their lives and interviewing each. We owe McCain a great deal for his service to our country. I couldn't imagine going through what he went through. But that doesn't mean he should run our country. ESPECIALLY our economy. McCain has never known everyday hardship (other than North Korea) like many people in our country have. He was in a military family born to a father who was very well known. A mother who was an oil heiress...married a model, went to war, came back to find his model was paralyzed so he married a beer heiress (that's a whole different story there that ABC didn't touch yet), and owns more houses than he even knows about. Chris Rock said it best, even if he lost half of his homes...he would still sleep well at night. I don't think he knows what is best for the average American when it comes to the financial economy.

just my $.02

Steering a government towards what an "average" man needs is the very definition of communism.

Unfortunatly, they both suck! I guess I better start building a bunker because I don't want either one of the idiots running the country. Maybe I'll move to that 51st state Obama metioned.

Well I plan on winning the powerball and buying an island to call my own. I plan on calling it Memorial Island and the official flag will have an N on it. Come on over there are Huskerbars everywhere showing all Husker sports. :clap

Unfortunatly, they both suck! I guess I better start building a bunker because I don't want either one of the idiots running the country. Maybe I'll move to that 51st state Obama metioned.

Agreed.

Obama talks about "Change" but never mentions what he plans on changing. McCain already has one foot in the grave and maybe if he was younger I would go with him.

I will say this 50% of the people that say they are for Obama are only going that way because of his appearance and not on anything he has ever done. (which isn't much)

McCain = G.W. with an edge.

On one hand it is a new shiny pile of crap, but at the end of the day is still the same smelly pile of crap that spews promise and nothing happens. This turd is just in a neat new package.

The other hand is an old safe pile of crap, that at the end of the day is still the same pile that has been in office since the beginning of time.

Long story short do you want the "New and supposed to be Improved" turd or the "Old reliable same old song and dance" turd?

It doesn't matter who gets "voted" in neither of them will be looking out for me and my family. Just the facts of being part of the forgotten bunch here is this great country that we live.

Obama talks about "Change" but never mentions what he plans on changing. McCain already has one foot in the grave and maybe if he was younger I would go with him.

Foreign policy. A new attitude towards which the gov't will view other countries. That's something that definitely needs changing. I'm not saying Obama is the best man or is going to do a terrific job; democracy is a process that won't find you the best man, so no point in being too bitter when no candidate is particularly appealing.

America needs to get back on the same page with most of the rest of the world and lose its arrogance. Will Obama do that? Maybe. McCain sure as heck won't.

As far as looking out for us as individuals and our families...yeah. You're probably right. Then, it was never originally expected for the federal government to do that much looking out for its citizen; not until the Depression and FDR. In truth state and local politics and elections are much more important to us, on an individual level. But of course, they're less jazzy than the presidential election.

I'm sure some of you will think this is sad but...............................Anymore, I vote for the person that won't ruin what me an my family enjoy to do. As far as the polotics go, they are going to say what they gotta say to get elected and then do whatever they feel like doing after they are elected. My son races Moto-x and we spend our vacations offroading and riding quads. One thing the Clintons would love to do while they are alive is get all National Parks closed down to any kind of Motorized Vehicle and I'm sure if Hillary was elected she would try to Outlaw every kind of organized racing there is. I have emailed Obama's campaign about this issue several times but have not once gotten a response.....................Guess that makes me lean toward McCain right now. :dunno

I'm sure some of you will think this is sad but...............................Anymore, I vote for the person that won't ruin what me an my family enjoy to do. As far as the polotics go, they are going to say what they gotta say to get elected and then do whatever they feel like doing after they are elected. My son races Moto-x and we spend our vacations offroading and riding quads. One thing the Clintons would love to do while they are alive is get all National Parks closed down to any kind of Motorized Vehicle and I'm sure if Hillary was elected she would try to Outlaw every kind of organized racing there is. I have emailed Obama's campaign about this issue several times but have not once gotten a response.....................Guess that makes me lean toward McCain right now. :dunno

There's so many other fun places to off-road, why insist on doing it in quiet serene places where it will disturb the largest number of people?

I mean..even when I used to smoke, I tried never to light up where others would be affected by it...Then realized others would still be affected anyway due to an extra amount of pollution and potential drain on the health care system.

Dont beat me up but... what if Hillary were still in it??

Would make my choice easier..

It should be easy for me anyway according to this election site someone posted earlier..I'm almost ashamed I agreed with two of the candidates with all but one question...And agree with the guy representing the state I now live in on only a couple of the issues.

I'm just not sure of the validity of the slanted answers or if they still apply to each candidate..(Like McCain voting with the party to show support for GW or if he'd vote differently if he was in charge).

Both of these candidates might have trouble fulfilling their entire term more so than previous candidates, so we might want to learn more about the VP's (I'm not that impressed with what little I know about either one).

http://www.votechooser.com/

Answer 10 questions and find out which presidential candidate you should vote for in 2008!

Over 1.5 million visitors...This site is not affiliated with or funded by any political party or candidate.

1. Was invading Iraq a mistake?

Yes

No

2. American troops in Iraq should

Be withdrawn now

Be withdrawn within 1-2 years

Stay in Iraq as long as necessary

3. The people that need tax cuts most are

Lower and middle-class Americans

Middle-class Americans

Lower, middle, and upper-class Americans

4. Government spending should

Increase

Decrease

5. The government should offer affordable health care to all Americans

Yes

No

6. Illegal immigrants living in America should be

Deported or held accountable to the law

Allowed to work for a few years then sent home

Given a path to citizenship

7. Abortion should be legal

Yes

No

8. The No Child Left Behind Act [explanation]

Is good for schools

Has flaws and needs reform

Should be abolished

9. The best way to improve the American economy is

More favorable trade policies

More high tech jobs

BOTH more favorable trade policies and more high tech jobs

Downsizing government, cutting taxes, and reducing regulation

10. The best way to save the environment and achieve energy independence is

Giving companies more incentives to be energy efficient

Developing alternative energy sources

BOTH of the above

Allowing citizens to protect their land by suing polluters

I'm not an A-Hole! I don't go mud'n in the middle of Old Faithful. I have spent two weeks in some places and have never even seen another Human Being. I am sorry that being involed with my family and having something for my children to choose over drugs and alcohol is disturbing to you.

And no, there is not a bunch of other places to offroad, Nebraska has 0.

Just because I enjoy to do something you don't doesn't mean you have any more of a right to be there then I do.

Our offroad club has travel to 8 different states and participated in numerous volunteer activities. We have planted over 2000 trees and help the Colorado Forest Rangers close down trails that need time to grow their habitat back. We go to Kansas once a year and spend 3 day's doing nothing but driving around Tuttle Creek picking up other people's trash. So next time you feel like your being disturbed by a bunch of idiots, maybe you should check out whats really going on first.

Maybe he will in a future debate but Obama could counter McCain's earmarks platform by pointing to the things included in the earmarks such as money for schools, bridges, military bases, disaster relief, military housing, senior housing, renewable energy programs, job training programs, health care for veterans, and service for disabled kids . In the debate McCain made fun of the bill which contained funding for researching bear DNA. Yet he didn't mention that he ultimately voted yes for that bill. At another point he tried to make a dramatic stance by claiming he would take care of his fellow veterans. However he has already voted against funding to veteran programs including the aforementioned health care.

Besides his general health how extensively has McCain been examined for mental strain or defects due to his time as a POW? His decision making process has to be called into question. Just picking Palin is a basis to negate the legitimacy of his entire campaign.