Visit Date: 9/5/2008

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arkansas

Favorites: Nebraska (verbal)

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star 5.6 #79 on JUCO Top 100

Big Red Report: NR

ESPN: NR

Assessing the talent: Iowa-City All-Combine offensive team 2006:

Brandon Kinnie was an unknown prospect at the combine that more than proved he is a division one wide receiver prospect. Kinnie beat some defensive backs, badly, and others he still found a way. He caught every ball thrown in the area, and drew raves from the all opposing defenders he went up against.More

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 95%

Article in WholeHogSports.com (yes, really) from July:

Kinnie, 6-3, 215, 4. 37, played his high school ball at Kansas City (Mo. ) Grandview, where he recorded 49 catches and 1, 200 yards and 21 touchdowns his senior year. He redshirted last year and will have three years of collegiate eligibility. He’s being recruited by the Hogs, Nebraska and Pittsburg[sic].

Article about recent game in Fort Scott Tribune:

1170559-L.jpg

Fort Scott Community College receiver Brandon Kinnie (84) hauls down a touchdown pass over Garden City's Keenan Mathies near the end of the second quarter of play Saturday. This score gave the Greyhounds a 21-14 lead at the time. Kinnie caught six passes for 88 yards in Fort Scott's 31-24 victory.

On the very next play, Dickey hit a leaping Brandon Kinnie in the back of the end zone to put the 'Hounds up 21-14 with 36 seconds to go. This was Kinnie's fifth TD reception of the season.

More of same from Garden City Telegram:

On the next play, Brandon Kinnie leaped over a defender in the back of the end zone to haul in the go-ahead score with 36 seconds remaining [in the first half].

"He jumped over our corner and made the play," Aslin said of Kinnie, a redshirt freshman who played basketball at FSCC last season. "You have to tip your hat to him. He's 6-3 or 6-4, 230 pounds and he's a really good player."

Coverage of the game from the 29th:

Fort Scott CC News

Hound quarterback Zac Dickey and receiver Brandon Kinnie connected seven times in the game. The first time was on a 28-yard pass that moved the ball to the Hutchinson 33 early in the second quarter. The second was on the next play for a touchdown with 10:25 on the clock in the first quarter.

Fort Scott finished the game with 230 total yards to Hutchinson's 194. Hopkins rushed for 48 yards on 20 carries while Dickey rushed for 42 on 11 totes and completed 10 of 16 passes for 122 yards. Kinnie's seven catches netted 91 yards.

His first game was pretty good too:

'Hounds win season opener in Texas

Brandon Kinnie was a pretty good basketball player last year at Fort Scott Community College.

His college football debut topped anything he did on the court last season as the 6' 5" sophomore -- a redshirt freshman in terms of football eligibility -- caught four touchdown passes as the 18th-ranked Greyhounds defeated No. 14 Kilgore by a 40-20 score in the season opener for both teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Arkansas is pressing him:

UA has eye on Fort Scott prospects

Arkansas quarterback coach Garrick McGee traveled to Fort Scott Community College in Kansas last Friday to check out three of the top junior college prospects in the nation.

The Greyhounds are 5-0 and ranked No. 5 in the latest National Junior College Athletic Association poll, thanks in large part to receiver Brandon Kinnie, linebacker Jacquin Williams and defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul.

Kinnie, 6-3, 215 pounds, 4. 4 seconds in the 40-yard dash, said he has scholarship offers from Nebraska and Arkansas and is receiving strong interest from LSU, Kansas, Kansas State and Georgia.

He has taken unofficial and official visits to Nebraska, and made an unofficial visit to Arkansas during the summer. He said he also plans to take an official visit to Fayetteville.

Kinnie said Nebraska is still tops on his list.

“I took the unofficial down there, and I think that’s why Nebraska is high on my list,” he said. “Arkansas isn’t too far from [behind ] them.”

Kinnie, who played high school ball at Kansas City (Mo. ) Grandview, redshirted last year and will have three years of eligibility at a four-year school. He has caught 25 passes for 454 yards and 6 touchdowns but still sees room for improvement.

“I think I’ve done all right,” Kinnie said. “I think I have a long way to go because I’m just a redshirt freshman and I’m still trying to get my name out there.”

He and McGee also have developed a good relationship.

“I like him a lot,” Kinnie said. “I liked the first time when he came up for spring ball. I liked his vibe when I went down there for my unofficial. We talked a lot.”

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...