Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif

Big Red Report:

N/A

ESPN Grade: N/A

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10%.

Notes: Plays on the same JUCO team as fellow Husker recruit Jason Pierre-Paul.

JAQUAINWILLIAMS9_7200A.JPG

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just curious why aren't we going after this kid and JPP a little harder... we already got Kinnie from there and I realize we probably don't want a lot of JUCOs, but if there are 2 positions we could use a immediate impact at I would say LB and DE would be up there pretty high

With a few really good DE's already committed, it seems the final push is to get another DT and maybe a receiver. As far as LB, they have a few already but with one being a possible academic casualty I would agree going after Williams would make sense. That is JMO though.

Yeah we have Young and Ankrah, but I'm pretty much assuming they redshirt because it seems like most Freshmen will under Bo, but after that what do we have at DE on this team?

Barry Turner is coming off of a major injury, Pierre Allen will be a good DE, and then there are a bunch of young guys who haven't played a down of college football.

I trust the coaches though so I guess we'll how it all ends here in the last month.

Yeah we have Young and Ankrah, but I'm pretty much assuming they redshirt because it seems like most Freshmen will under Bo, but after that what do we have at DE on this team?

Barry Turner is coming off of a major injury, Pierre Allen will be a good DE, and then there are a bunch of young guys who haven't played a down of college football.

I trust the coaches though so I guess we'll how it all ends here in the last month.

Well Cameron Meredith was good enough to get action in a game this year, and would have played a lot if not for the injury I think. Josh Williams was a Scout Team MVP this year, all signs point to him being very good. As you said Pierre Allen looks to be a very good player in the making next year. Barry Turner is expected to make a full recovery. Yancy Williams could push for time also. I think there is more depth there than you are giving them credit for. Add the two commitments in Ankrah and Young and with another really good one, Logan, seemingly on the hook and I think that DE looks pretty good. I think there is a greater need for another DT. LB I agree they should push for another one, especially if Norman is truly not going to make it. There are a LOT of really young studs in waiting, a JUCO LB would help add talent and experience.