The election is tomorrow

Disclaimer: Even though I have taken a side, this isn't a Republican vs. Democrat thread, so don't make it one.

I'm gonna vote tomorrow. I've known who I'm gonna vote for, for a while now. But, a couple days ago, I decided I'd make my decision known to other people. I didn't really think I'd see backlash. But, of course I did. Here's the kicker though. It's from people who aren't voting.

I can understand hearing it from a McCain supporter, or a Ron Paul supporter. But a non-voter? Christ, that has to be the stupidest thing in the world.

"Voting is pointless because of the electoral college." "Voting is pointless because politicians lie, or make promises they can't keep."

How insane is this? It's insane because a non-voter like that can scream to the top of their lungs, but won't be listened to. They are no better then a stoner who gets baked that day and forgets.

I don't care if you're being ironic or being anti-conformist. You're voice isn't being heard. So shut the hell up.

"Voting is pointless because of the electoral college." "Voting is pointless because politicians lie, or make promises they can't keep."

I do agree with this statement. Especially the part about the electoral college. I think we need to get rid of it IMO. Then it will feel like the people have more of a say.

That said, I have voted already and people look at me like I'm an idiot for who I picked. Along with that if I ask them who they are voting for they just respond "f#*k that I'm not voting, its a waste of time", and then they proceed to go on about how bad so and so is or how bad Bush is doing.

If you don't like it do something about it, otherwise stop your complaining about who is president.

If you dont vote, you cant bitch later. If a non-voter were to give me crap, the response is STFU.

The electoral college is a mixed bag. If you are not in a 'swing state' (or one of the two, that split votes) and you are of the opposite mindset than your state, then your vote really doesnt matter. A Blue voter in Kansas for instance, or a red in CA.

The flip side is that without it, whole states become irrelevant. NE's 1.7 million matter less in vote total nationwide are almost worthless.

What I would think is the best option is make the whole nation do it like NE does, and split the electoral votes on congressional districts.

Saying that people who don't vote shouldn't have any room to complain isn't really fair now. While I am too young to vote in this election (only by a few months), i wouldn't be voting if i was registered. I don't feel that I am informed enough to make a decision right now, but in a few years, if it's clear the president is sucking, i think i should still be entitled to complain. Maybe i am informed enough to evaluate their performance, but not informed enough to compare two candidates?

I see your point, but i definately think that there are exceptions.

Well, I would very much prefer to be voting in Omaha (district 2) but instead I'm forced to vote in Kearney (district 3) where I can write in Mickey Mouse if I want, McCain is going to win. In district 2 the vote I cast might actually make a difference in a contested district. Also, I want to vote on the learning communities, etc . . . but I won't get to. <_<

"The choice is always going to be between a douche and a turd sandwich...because they're the only people who suck up enough to make it that far in politics."

Nadar was on 92.3 in Omaha this morning and said it was a choice between turberculosis and cancer.

Nader is cancer in my opinion, all he does is steal votes from people every election. The guy needs to quit running and get it over with for heavens sake. Nader it's never going to happen so give it up!

"The choice is always going to be between a douche and a turd sandwich...because they're the only people who suck up enough to make it that far in politics."

Nadar was on 92.3 in Omaha this morning and said it was a choice between turberculosis and cancer.

Nader is cancer in my opinion, all he does is steal votes from people every election. The guy needs to quit running and get it over with for heavens sake. Nader it's never going to happen so give it up!

Heck even the Green party dumped him. If there had been a better Independant candidate than Nader that person might have been able to have a legit shot this year.