Watson

00Husker

I read nearly every day, but I do not post much....but I got to thinking about Coach Watson. He has put together a real nice offense in the past several games. We are gelling and the scores and offensive production keep getting better. Here is how we stack up through 11/16/08:

Total Offense - 10th

Rushing Offense - 39th

Passing Offense - 12th

Scoring Offense - 19th

I am guessing his stock is on the rise.

My questions are:

If Coach Watson chooses to go elsewhere who is the most likely candidate to fill the spot?

Who would you most like to see fill the vacancy?

What will the effect be?

The only way i see him leaving is if he gets a HC offer, and i dont see that happening

I used to think that until he had that offer from Saban at Alabama last spring. Unfortunately, I don't expect him to stay. I used to think that because we would be losing our best rb and qb, but it's apparent our best rb is a sophomore.

All in all, I expect him to head south for 2 reasons, 1. more money and 2. more press

But Norvell had NO control over the offense, I believe that's why he left.

Or maybe it was to get away from Callahan. No one thought it at the time, but that seems the most logical reason now.

As for Coach Watson.... I truely believe he stays for atleast the next few years. He likes this state and has a great respect for Tom and even for Bo. Money isn't everything to him either... he proved that last year when he turned down the Alabama job that would have doubled his pay here.

But Norvell had NO control over the offense, I believe that's why he left.

Or maybe it was to get away from Callahan. No one thought it at the time, but that seems the most logical reason now.

As for Coach Watson.... I truely believe he stays for atleast the next few years. He likes this state and has a great respect for Tom and even for Bo. Money isn't everything to him either... he proved that last year when he turned down the Alabama job that would have doubled his pay here.

I hope he stays too, but I have a feeling teams like Auburn might come calling. If you could mix our offense with their defense...look out.