DT Myles Wade

MLB 51

Nah, we had some other guy beat that bench, but I think he left our program

I would be really surprised if NU did not have quite a few guys bench 500 pounds or more. Just hanging around the weight room here at my small university I see someone throw 500 pounds every once in a while (and these are not football players). That is not to say that a 500 pound bench is not impressive. It is. But there are plenty of guys out there who can do this.

I saw a 325 pound guy legitimately throw up 600 pounds once. I think the record is 700+ pounds.

Again, 500 is impressive. But not that rare.

I would be really surprised if NU did not have quite a few guys bench 500 pounds or more. Just hanging around the weight room here at my small university I see someone throw 500 pounds every once in a while (and these are not football players). That is not to say that a 500 pound bench is not impressive. It is. But there are plenty of guys out there who can do this.

I saw a 325 pound guy legitimately throw up 600 pounds once. I think the record is 700+ pounds.

For a guy in his early 20's it is very rare and impressive. If you look at the great powerlifters in the world, they are all in their 30's. They get what is called " old man strength". But doing 1 rep for 500, is not how football players train anyway. At the combine they see how many reps of 225 they can get.

Checked out the Oregon scout board and there was a thread with his name. Looks like a mess from the information or misinformation that was posted there. Who knows, but the consensus was that he wouldn't graduate in time or make the grades to get into a PAC 10 school/Oregon. Then I went to check out Oregon's commit list and counted 6 of their 17 commits were JC tranfers- :blink::dunno

For a guy in his early 20's it is very rare and impressive. If you look at the great powerlifters in the world, they are all in their 30's. They get what is called " old man strength". But doing 1 rep for 500, is not how football players train anyway. At the combine they see how many reps of 225 they can get.

Very good point. Most of the guys I know who hit 400/500+ could not at age 20 and can at 28-32 or so. Point well taken.

I think we need to get this kid: hook, line, and sinker. Definitely let Suh host him on visit... he reminds me alot of Suh last year. In Blackshirt316's reply, Wade is quoted as saying he has a never quit motor and has much brute strength, but that he wanted to work on his technique. That was Suh's problem last year... he could usually flat out overpower people, but his technique wasn't up to par. Bo and Co fixed that. In fact, he said he's coming back b/c he wanted even more polishing on it. Now imagine what they could do for Wade, seemingly a Suh clone...

Here is my question, why is no one on this one until now? JUCO or not if he has all of those intangibles, and seems to be legit with a 3 star rating, what is the issue with him? Is he an academic problem? He went to a JUCO in AZ, hard to believe no one out West went after him if he was such a stud.

Well, here you go:

Another tackle on the recruiting radar is Myles Wade, a former high school All-American from Portland, Ore. Wade played at Arizona Western College in 2007 but did not attend the Yuma, Ariz., school last season, coach Tom Minnick said, leaving his eligibility in question.

If true, I'm pretty sure this makes him ineligible for any Big 12 school unless I am missing something. I seem to recall you have complete your 2 year degree and have 48 credit hours, so I'm not sure what the deal is with him. Maybe he plans to complete his degree this spring and summer.

500 lbs while impressive, really is not that impressive. i personally am 22 years old, weigh 220 lbs and bench press 420 lbs. when i was a senior is HS i put up 340 and i only weighed 190. he has almost 100 lbs on me and only does 80 lbs more than i do.

ive seen more than a few guys put up over 500 lbs in the gym i work out at and they weigh a lot less............

Wade and Tuihalamaka are both DT's. I don't see us taking two DT's with the limited scholarships we have left.. Which is the better option, and which is the most likely to be a Husker?

Well per the article that OWH published, it appears that Wade may not even be able to play at any Big XII school let alone NU. To me that narrows it down a bit if true.