Dr. Tom Osborne has confirmed he will speak in Topeka at our Founder’s Day Dinner.

topekahusker

The details are completed and we are ready to take reservations for our joint Founder’s Day event with the KC and Wichita alumni association chapters at the Holidome in Topeka on Saturday, March 7th. This is only one of two remaining events that Dr. Osborne will be doing for the Alumni Association this year, so we are very fortunate to have him come to Topeka. Register today; we are limited in the number of people who can attend the event.

For more details and registration information, click on this link:

http://www.neks4nebraska.com/osborne-to-sp...-day-event.html

Topeka is 3 hours or less from Lincoln, Omaha, KC, and Wichita. I know there are many members on this board that live in these areas, and in between, and you are welcome to attend as guests, and need not be alumni or have attended the University. This event is also for FANS. In fact, our current local President has never taken a class from the U.

We also negotiated a great deal with the host hotel, the Topeka Holidome, if you’d like to spend the night. This facility now has a 3 story waterslide in the atrium so bring your kids and make it a fun weekend. Information on the hotel rate is on the registration form and hotel info can be accessed via this link:

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/foewe

For those of you that are members of the KC or Wichita clubs your websites have not been updated as of this evening. Wichita area fans have filled one bus for the roundtrip and are working on filling a second. We just finalized the details with the hotel this a.m. and we can now release the details so I wanted to get this announcement out to you.

One option, you may join our Topeka Chapter for $17 for your family and save $10 on the two adult banquet meals for this event. As a member, you can also attend our August 1st family picnic and Carl Pelini is the tentative guest speaker. Our club has traditionally been able to purchase tickets for at least one football game and this is strictly a members’ only benefit. We also planning a tailgate party for the Kansas game in Lawrence. It’s a great club with some great Husker fans.

I’ll monitor this site if you have questions or feel free to email the contact on the registration form. I hope some of you can roadtrip and join us in welcoming TO to Kansas and an opportunity for me to meet some of you.

Dave H - Can you still pin this above for me?

• 1 month later...

slightly off topic, but if you are driving all the way down to KC with your family, stay in West KC at the Great Wolf Lodge. IT is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY coller than a Holidome. Really. It is an hour drive to Topeka, all Interstate, but once the speech is done, there is a lot more to do in KC...