ATH Keeston Terry

Ohio Pete

I agree 100% that WR is a definite need and I hope that Nebraska could somehow snag both Terry and Lucas-that would be sweet.

However, I really like that these kids are planning on taking most, if not all, of their visits before they commit somewhere. If the Huskers end up losing both to other schools then that's the way the recruiting cookie crumbles, but I would rather have a recruit take all his visits and then commit.

Why on earth would you want the recruits to take a bunch more visits to other schools after they visit us? We want them to commit early, keep recruiting them until signing day, and hope they don't take any more visits. Texas has over 20 early commits, and I can almost guarantee they wont be taking any other visits.

Cause if they're not 100% and want to take more visits then you let them. I'd rather have a kid take all his visits and be 100% sure he wants to be Husker than commit now and then switch down the line because he wonders what else is out there. If these kids commit early, we back off recruiting other players, then if these kids decommit we are put in a bad position.

Ya Texas has alot early commits but recruiting for the majority of country does not work that way. Texas is one the exceptions not the norm.

Right on BP, good to see you in another post. Good points, but when you have a kid like Terry that has visited other schools already, and he has been here twice, reel him in and get a commitment.

I should have said why on earth would you want Terry to take more visits. This kid has us at the top of his list, but there will be pressure from KU and Mizzou. Like I said before, his dad and his h.s school coach are both former KU players. Plus we won't stop recruiting other recivers once we get his commitment, as we need at least 2-3 in this class.

I agree 100% that WR is a definite need and I hope that Nebraska could somehow snag both Terry and Lucas-that would be sweet.

So I take it you no longer agree with your previous assessment:

All other positions the Huskers will be adequate with signing one at each position.

WR...Paul, Holt, Bell, Cooper, Gilleylen, Osborne = stocked.

If you look further down into the thread where you pulled up this quote you'd find a later post where I lined out my previous post and restated...

Hope that helps... <_<

Yes, we finally get a receiver. I got hired to coach swimming at his h.s next year, so I will keep tabs on his progress this year, and give updates. They play some damn good football here in Blue Springs.

I'm starting to get convinced he has a brighter future at a safety on the next level. His film versus Marcus Lucas is VERY impressive.