SIGNED ATH Bronson Marsh

glad he is aboard... walk on and all......

he is a great talent and i think he will develop nicely... maybe even earning that schollie sometime in the future??

either that or we'll never hear from him again.....

I agree, I coached against him a few times and the kid can flat out play. He is a winner, there is something about that term. The kid knows how to win, some kids have it and some kids dont, but he won all the time.

Well, I think he lived in Iowa for a year, so mabye if he does get a scholly it wont piss off the BCers to much since he has not lived in Nebraska for his entire life. Lord knows this staff doesnt know what they are doing and the message board BCers do.

I think the board would be better for us all if the "BCers" talk would stop. It's divisive and unnecessary. We're all happy Bo is here, and I think we're happy with the direction the program is heading. Classifying everyone who questions a scholarship offer (Cotton, maybe Marsh?) as "BCers" is immature and probably unfair to the posters who may have legitimate complaints about recruits. We're fans. What should we do in the off season besides question coaching/recruiting decisions? Perhaps we should all sing Kum Bah Yah and rejoice about how perfect our coaches are.

There is a HUGE difference between ripping a 17 or 18 year old kid and the coaching staff simply becuase there are not enough stars next to a name and actually questioning an idea.

Example of a question: "Recruit XYZ hurt his knee this season and I know the staff is still very interested in him, I just hope that XYZ's knee heals up quickly, I would hate to see something happend like what went on with Chris Williams, where the recovery just took a toll on the kid and it didnt pan out, what do you guys think, should the staff still be after XYZ?"

Example of ripping: "Why is this Nebraska kid getting a scholly, what a waste, this is so stupid, make him walk on and earn it, Rivals has him as a two star with no other offers, this is a huge mistake, god I bet TO is behind this just to try and unify the fan base, this kid will never be more then a special teamer"

Dont you think there is a difference? Questioning is one thing, ripping is another and lets face it, if Marsh gets an offer the ripping will begin. You know it will, as all the fake coaches come out of the woodwork.

Similarly, there is a difference between arguing what a given recruit offers to the program (when he is slighted by posters) and attacking posters as being supporters of Bill Callahan. Don't you think there is a difference?

Well, I think he lived in Iowa for a year, so mabye if he does get a scholly it wont piss off the BCers to much since he has not lived in Nebraska for his entire life. Lord knows this staff doesnt know what they are doing and the message board BCers do.

I think the board would be better for us all if the "BCers" talk would stop. It's divisive and unnecessary. We're all happy Bo is here, and I think we're happy with the direction the program is heading. Classifying everyone who questions a scholarship offer (Cotton, maybe Marsh?) as "BCers" is immature and probably unfair to the posters who may have legitimate complaints about recruits. We're fans. What should we do in the off season besides question coaching/recruiting decisions? Perhaps we should all sing Kum Bah Yah and rejoice about how perfect our coaches are.

There is a HUGE difference between ripping a 17 or 18 year old kid and the coaching staff simply becuase there are not enough stars next to a name and actually questioning an idea.

Example of a question: "Recruit XYZ hurt his knee this season and I know the staff is still very interested in him, I just hope that XYZ's knee heals up quickly, I would hate to see something happend like what went on with Chris Williams, where the recovery just took a toll on the kid and it didnt pan out, what do you guys think, should the staff still be after XYZ?"

Example of ripping: "Why is this Nebraska kid getting a scholly, what a waste, this is so stupid, make him walk on and earn it, Rivals has him as a two star with no other offers, this is a huge mistake, god I bet TO is behind this just to try and unify the fan base, this kid will never be more then a special teamer"

Dont you think there is a difference? Questioning is one thing, ripping is another and lets face it, if Marsh gets an offer the ripping will begin. You know it will, as all the fake coaches come out of the woodwork.

Similarly, there is a difference between arguing what a given recruit offers to the program (when he is slighted by posters) and attacking posters as being supporters of Bill Callahan. Don't you think there is a difference?

I am not 100% sure what you are asking. I am not trying to be a jerk I just dont think I know what you are asking.

I am not 100% sure what you are asking. I am not trying to be a jerk I just dont think I know what you are asking.

You're suggesting that people shouldn't just arbitrarily rip on recruits because of their stars, or their parents, or whatever. I'm comparing that to you lumping those same posters together as supporters of Bill Callahan. Both seem wrong to me. Sorry for not not making that clearer.

If this does turn out to be fact, this is great news IMO. Since we don't have a huge recruiting base these are the exact types of kids that we have to get to walk on. I really think he's going to eventually turn into a contributor for us on the defensive side. I was never ripping Marsh or his abilities, my point was that we shouldn't have to compete with Ohio and South Dakota for schollie recruits we should be competing with them for walk on recruits and it looks like we won this one.

If this does turn out to be fact, this is great news IMO. Since we don't have a huge recruiting base these are the exact types of kids that we have to get to walk on. I really think he's going to eventually turn into a contributor for us on the defensive side. I was never ripping Marsh or his abilities, my point was that we shouldn't have to compete with Ohio and South Dakota for schollie recruits we should be competing with them for walk on recruits and it looks like we won this one.

I agree. I'm glad he's coming to Nebraska (if the rumors are correct).

You're suggesting that people shouldn't just arbitrarily rip on recruits because of their stars, or their parents, or whatever. I'm comparing that to you lumping those same posters together as supporters of Bill Callahan. Both seem wrong to me. Sorry for not not making that clearer.

Ok, i know what you mean now. To me, the difference is that the coaches are "experts" in evaluating the talent, or at the very least are much better at it then we are, so it would seem to make sense to trust their judgement on who they recruit. So what I am saying is that if the coaches see it as a good idea to offer a certain kid a scholly, then I trust them because of their track record. I feel they are more qualified then most of us, so ripping them doesnt seem to make sense.

But we are not talking about the coaches ability to evaluate talent (or we shouldn't be). The issue is if this staff will be able to sign talent required to win MNCs. Just look at the offer list. Many highly rated players were offered. Presumably, the staff would have preferred some of those guys to having to offer other players late. Wouldn't we all have preferred Blake Bell (OU) or Connor Wood (UT) to Gabbert or to having to pick among guys that we aren't so sure are worth an offer?

Other boards are reporting that Bronson Marsh committed last night... We still don't know if he will get a scholie, grey-shirt, or be a preferred walk on. Bo wants him. It just depends on how this group pans out as to how we get him.

If true then I'd have to guess he is going to be a preferred walk-on

i woder if girlknowfootball is the return of husker jen......

one can only hope

All I know is that if TO says he would have offered this kid...then that is all I need to hear and we need to get him however we can. I have a feeling about this kid and I think he will be a stud in a couple of years. I mean his name is Bronson Marsh...that is a football name if I have ever heard one. But not basing this on his name...he loves the weight room, he is a Nebraska kid that will give his all for Nebraska football, and he is a winner. Sounds like a good recipe to me.

Other boards are reporting that Bronson Marsh committed last night... We still don't know if he will get a scholie, grey-shirt, or be a preferred walk on. Bo wants him. It just depends on how this group pans out as to how we get him.

If true then I'd have to guess he is going to be a preferred walk-on

i woder if girlknowfootball is the return of husker jen......

one can only hope

hope not you mean?