SIGNED DE/DT Chase Rome

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we were recruiting him for DT

I honestly don't know. Munson just said that he was pretty sure Rome would 'reaffirm' his commitment to Okie Lite and that would be that as far as we're concerned. Could be he's not aware of what you mentioned.

I think we can agree that there are a lot of mixed reports coming from this kid. He may reaffirm his commitment but why is he still visiting us then? does he really want to see what we can do against lousiana lafayette?

I honestly don't know. Munson just said that he was pretty sure Rome would 'reaffirm' his commitment to Okie Lite and that would be that as far as we're concerned. Could be he's not aware of what you mentioned.

I think we can agree that there are a lot of mixed reports coming from this kid. He may reaffirm his commitment but why is he still visiting us then? does he really want to see what we can do against lousiana lafayette?

Is he visiting that soon? For some reason I had it in my head he was coming for the OU game...

he probably just realizes its historic significance.... :sarcasm

dont feel like searching through all the posts, but he was once commited to OK state right? so now hes decommited and ready....

He still is committed to Okie Lite. Rivals considers him a "soft" verbal. Chase is good friends with Tyler Gabbert and he is trying to work him to Nebraska. Chase is planning to visit on Sept. 26th for the 300th sellout. Hopefully that visit will get him to commit here and drop Okie Lite.

dont feel like searching through all the posts, but he was once commited to OK state right? so now hes decommited and ready....

He still is committed to Okie Lite. Rivals considers him a "soft" verbal. Chase is good friends with Tyler Gabbert and he is trying to work him to Nebraska. Chase is planning to visit on Sept. 26th for the 300th sellout. Hopefully that visit will get him to commit here and drop Okie Lite.

That would be nice :)

ok i was wondering what was up with everyone saying gabbert should reel him in. i thought yall just said that because there in the same state and know each other, did not know they were GOOD friends. hopefully we could get him, it would be nice, our d-line commits would be awesome, i just wish we land some good LB, and safetys this year

ok i was wondering what was up with everyone saying gabbert should reel him in. i thought yall just said that because there in the same state and know each other, did not know they were GOOD friends. hopefully we could get him, it would be nice, our d-line commits would be awesome, i just wish we land some good LB, and safetys this year

Well they have done this the past 2 years and already have a decent Safety in this class in Harvey Jackson. I really want to see a few quality DT's in this class, IMO this is the one area the team's depth needs a boost the most.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya I'm dying to know how this guys visit went. I've said before, I think this guy could move to DT and be the big time player that Suh is now. Rome next to Steinkhuler Williams, Meredith, and Ankrah on the ends would probably give us one of the most talented d lines in the big 12. Come on Rome, Okie State is going downhill after Bryant, Robinson, Okung, and Hunter all leave for the NFL. We are on the rise and are only going to get better during the time you hopefully are here. Pelini's been in the NFL and coached some of the best defenses in college football. He's coached Dorsey, Suh and you could be the next great. Come over to the big time!!!