QB Robert Mavre

I think it has to do with his release from his scholarship.....I am not 100% though.

Yep that is why they have control.

I dunno..

In the immortal words of Larry the Cable Guy, "What is this? Russia??"

Sounds mighty flimsy.

I was under the impression that these scholarships were good for only one year at a time..and either participant could go their own way if things weren't working out..

I would think any 1st year Lawyer could threaten to get this brought to court, and the University would try to avoid negative publicity and settle out of court.

I think it has to do with his release from his scholarship.....I am not 100% though.

Yep that is why they have control.

I dunno..

In the immortal words of Larry the Cable Guy, "What is this? Russia??"

Sounds mighty flimsy.

I was under the impression that these scholarships were good for only one year at a time..and either participant could go their own way if things weren't working out..

I would think any 1st year Lawyer could threaten to get this brought to court, and the University would try to avoid negative publicity and settle out of court.

No scholarships are four year commitments. Thats why he had to ask to be released from it. It's not fair but Miami has the right to do it.

And it's Purdue

That's would be the smart move. Why pay your way to a school when you can get a full ride at a school that's not exactly MoronU! Besides would you want to play for Kiffen after his 30th recruiting violation this month!

Now if he was a defensive player, who had a shoot to play for Monte Kiffen. Then that would be a different story!