QB Robert Mavre

I don't think he's looking for easy. It just didn't work out for him at Miami. And it doesn't mean he's a quitter, though I admit I don't know much about his background.

You guys know who else quit and transferred? ZAC TAYLOR.

And yes I would think we have room. We have 3 scholarship quarterbacks on the roster at the moment. One junior, one redshirt freshman, one true freshman.

I do think we are a bit of a longshot though. USF would seem to be the likely destination since he wants to stay close to home. Sounds like he is going to visit though - a plus!

I believe one of the transfer stipulations was that he could not transfer to any school in Florida, (or SEC/ACC), which seems very harsh.

I don't care about the quitting part - it happens. But he and his family were complaining about the lack of respect from Randy Shannon. That part just didn't "smell right" to me. Plus, he didn't exactly have stats that blew me away either.

Not to drudge up an old topic, but, if we have room for him, why didn't we have room for another scholarship offer that was yanked?

Potential heresy alert: I would really question Bo's judgment if he offered this kid a scholarship.

1. The kid will only have two years of eligibility so it make no sense to waste a scholarship on a kid who will sit on the bench for two years.

1.How do we know he would sit the bench.He would be on campus an entire year before having to take a snap.Thats longer than Zak Taylor and he was pretty good as a QB here.We cant assume he will sit the bench.Its possible BUT its just as possible that he comes in and starts over everyone else...remember Beck/Taylor?

2. Even with Witt transferring out the Huskers still have: Lee, Green, Spano and possibly Martinez at QB.

Witt,Lee,Green,Martinez...which has proven himself as a solid starter?Neither and thats my point.If Lee was a proven identity Id say no TY but the thought of having a trues freshman or a RS freshman taking meaningful snaps scares me.At least Marve has faced live bullets.While his results have been mixed he HAS been there.With that OFFENSIVE offense that Miami runs I see why he had trouble though.Its a proven fact other than ND nobody does less with more talent than Miami.This is a win/win for us.If the guy is really good he can take over and play.If hes solid he can be a experienced back up.If he sucks he only cost us a ship for a short term.If hes a troublemaker and cant follow rules we give him the boot and he costs us nothing.IMHO this is a risk.reward type situation and on the surface it looks like the risk would be worth the reward.

BTW Did I mention this guy was Mr.Florida in the state his senior year.How bad can he be?

:box

<_< We don't need the drama...we have a lot of talent here, what makes him think he will start here? He better be prepared to get some splinters here and keep his mouth shut about it if he comes here, otherwise I think Bo will give him a swift kick as he goes out the door (again).

How many QB's do we have on scholly? Are we willing to give out another to another QB? We have other needs that need to be looked at before we start looking at another Witt.

Bottom line...I go on record as being against it. I hope he finds someplace else to go. Are we going to have to give his mommy and daddy box seats on Saturday as part of the deal? Do they sit in on team meetings to make sure he is getting the respect they feel he deserves? I am tired of crybabies....the more I think about it...NO!

Sam Keller was a QUITER to but most of yall worshiped him also....

Yeah, but Sams situation was alot different. he went through a battle against Carpenter in spring ball, and was named the starter, only to turn around and be told he was not the starter. Plus he was a senior, and it was his last shot after being a stud before an injury. Patrick Witt did not even have the balls to compete for a starting spot.

What I don't like about this Miami kid, he was suspended at Thug U, I did not even know that happend there. Of course I don't think Randy Shannon puts up with to much crap, like the Miami coaches in the past.

If I was a QB recruit, and a school kept bringing in transfers from other schools, I would look elsewhere. I also don't like tying up a scholarship for a guy that is only going to have 2 years of eligibility...and then may never play, who knows?

I would give a lot more preference to the kid that came in as a freshman and put in the time to learn the system and wanted to come to Nebraska from the beginning than I would a kid that is just looking for someone to take him, no matter where it is.

Like I said, I am dead set against this kid coming in, and hope he chooses to go somewhere else. Let them deal with his problems...and another thing, I am tired of hearing about their parents - these are supposed to be adults, their parents shouldn't be anywhere in the picture as far as I am concerned. Can you imagine what my drill sergeant would have said if I showed up to basic training when I was 17 with my parents there to "make sure I got the respect I deserved"? That is B.S.....grow up and stand on your own two feet.