Taliban leader says attack on Washington will amaze.

After watching the news this morning, and listening to how Russia thinks we will be basically be a sissy country within 5-10 yrs reaffirms my belief that we need to start taking action and taking care of business before we become the country that "everyone" thinks they can pick on.

Baitullah Mehsud, commander of the Taliban in Pakistan, told The Associated Press in an interview Tuesday that his group was responsible for Monday's attack on a police academy in his country that killed seven police officers and injured more than 90 others.

He also said, chillingly:

"Soon we will launch an attack in Washington that will amaze everyone in the world."

Yes, it does.

my bad, i cant read

and as for the other conversation, i really hope there is a new Guantanamo and that Obama truly hasnt made the US more "diplomatic" and just says that in public

Federal initiated wiretaps without a court order are a great thing and should be encouraged by all law abiding citizens around the world.

My friend, you may be the real terrorist.

That's funny

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." – Benjamin Franklin

Federal initiated wiretaps without a court order are a great thing and should be encouraged by all law abiding citizens around the world.

That's funny

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." – Benjamin Franklin

Ben never knew how much information an agency can learn by listening in when others are speaking open and without code.

That's funny

At risk of opening up a huge can of worms, I don't agree with this. But anyway,

HEY LET'S ALL GET MAD AT THE TERRORIST!! :steam:steam:madash:boxosoap

That's funny

temporary safety dosent include not dying, at least IMO

That's funny

Ben never knew how much information an agency can learn by listening in when others are speaking open and without code.

But Nixon did. Power corrupts, hense the need for checks and balances.

That's funny

Not applicable because Nixon was doing it for personal game and NOT national secutity. National Security trumps all.

Trust me, warrantless eavesdropping works and you cannot nor will not change my mind because you are speaking from opinion. where I'm not.

That's funny

Not applicable because Nixon was doing it for personal game and NOT national secutity. National Security trumps all.

Trust me, warrantless eavesdropping works and you cannot nor will not change my mind because you are speaking from opinion. where I'm not.

The 'National Security' catch all. If National Security trumps all, you would be supportive of martial law? Warentless searches? Its not a matter of what might work, its a matter of when things cross the line of violating ones privacy. And that is even before we get to what all falls under the umbrella of 'National Security.'

That's funny

The 'National Security' catch all. If National Security trumps all, you would be supportive of martial law? Warentless searches? Its not a matter of what might work, its a matter of when things cross the line of violating ones privacy. And that is even before we get to what all falls under the umbrella of 'National Security.'

Privacy concerning terrorists? Seriously????????

To those that know, there is no might about it.

Talk to me about might and violating ones "privacy" the next time "stuff" happens. You sleep better not knowing. You not knowing is evident by your attempt at justifying your stance through the post above. You want, or you should want, those that protect you, your family and your country to have have every possible advantage.

it doesnt matter what the realities are today! IF YOU FIND THAT MF-ER, YOU KILL HIM! if stupid people like him want to attack where i live then i see no reason not to track his happy @ss down and put a bullet between his eyes.

I almost didn't open this thread because I enjoy living in ignorant bliss..That and I thought it was probably an April Fools joke.

I just don't think killing this individual would be effective..They'll make more.

It's easy to forget who threw the first stone..you just remember who touched your life personally and retaliate/escalate.

Even mild mannered me..(I've only been in two "fights" my whole life..An attempted carjacking, and a guy on something? my freshman year outside Nebraska Bookstore).

I don't know anyone that was killed on 9/11..Yet I could justify to myself killing this "terrorist" if I was in the same room...even though legally..he'd deserve a trial..Imagine this guys relatives or partners seeking to avenge his death or make him a martyr...for future generations..even outside a "glassed over" Pakistan.

We need long term solutions.