My First trip to Lincoln

"What is a 'Ute?'" Sorry had to say it. Glad you had a good time in Lincoln, and didn't have any unpleasant experiences with the fan base. I too truly hope you can catch a game sometime in the upcoming season. Good luck to Utah this season, and congrats on the undefeated season. Don't matter who you are, going undefeated is something to be proud of, especially capping it off with a win against the SEC!!

If I remember correctly, its a native American tribe. That is why they have the shield(?) and feather on their helmet.

Utah_Utes_logo.png

Getting back to the topic, it was refreshing to see a team the media didn't respect, as another poster pointed out, beat a SEC team. With the media, it's SEC this and SEC that. This is what makes college football great. You just never know what can happen. As long as it isn't Nebraska in the future that has a stunning defeat. :lol:

But seriously, the better we get, the more likely we are going to have our share of heart-breakers. Just ask OU. Ask Dr. Tom.

I forgot to mention: we were not prepared for how attractive the women of Lincoln were. There are few places we visit that I say that about. I'm not s fan of sothern women, and I think California women are nothing but what we have with fake parts.

But, the women of Lincoln were collectivly very attractive. Congratulations on that :cheers

Whoa now. What's not to love about a southern belle?

Seeing her tooth when she smiles... :LOLtartar

Wow... :clap ...credit where credit's due. Although my girlfriend wouldn't like that too much.

I have to agree with Killer Cacti here... What's wrong with the southern women??? That's one thing I love about the ACC. FSU and Clemson got some hot looking girls!!! Although I had the best time in Lincoln last fall I was probably in the wrong section - the median age was probably 60 where we sat, which was probably for the best since I brought my girlfriend.

As for the sports-knowledge of the Huskers, I will agree with Utahutesfan, you all know your stuff!

"What is a 'Ute?'" Sorry had to say it. Glad you had a good time in Lincoln, and didn't have any unpleasant experiences with the fan base. I too truly hope you can catch a game sometime in the upcoming season. Good luck to Utah this season, and congrats on the undefeated season. Don't matter who you are, going undefeated is something to be proud of, especially capping it off with a win against the SEC!!

If I remember correctly, its a native American tribe. That is why they have the shield(?) and feather on their helmet.

Utah_Utes_logo.png

hopefully you picked up on my sarcasm, it was a quote from "My Cousin Vinny" :cop:

I also must give a lot of credit to Nebraska fans for being VERY smart sports fans. Evereywhere we went we ran into people who knew about Utah football and even about the fact gymnastics was in town. We got lots of questions about how next year's football team looked. We got lots of questions about how the gymnastics team was preforming. And we got no negative comments demeaning our school or it's accomplishments. We were very gratefule and impressed.

How does next year's Utah team look, by the way? I was obviously impressed with them in the bowl game, but can't seem to recall who they're losing to graduation.

QUOTE(killer cacti @ Apr 21 2009, 03:32 PM)

QUOTE(Utahutesfan @ Apr 21 2009, 05:24 PM)

I forgot to mention: we were not prepared for how attractive the women of Lincoln were. There are few places we visit that I say that about. I'm not s fan of sothern women, and I think California women are nothing but what we have with fake parts.

But, the women of Lincoln were collectivly very attractive. Congratulations on that

Whoa now. What's not to love about a southern belle?

Seeing her tooth when she smiles...

I really have to question one's beauty perception when they have a "The Legend of The Seeker" quote as their signature. :box And for the record, I only date Southern girls who have at least two front teeth intact!

2 tooths, yu sure is picky. Seriously, kind of limits the field dosen't it.

I love to hear positve things from fans of other programs. I think as a Husker, we tend to look at programs like UT as fellow underdogs.

I know that sounds odd being a powerhouse program, but I've always felt that the media saw us as 2nd class and when we tore up 3 NC's in 4 years (should have been 4 in 5) despite our "lack of speed" and "outdated" offenses, they wanted to treat it like a fluke.

I love to hear positve things from fans of other programs. I think as a Husker, we tend to look at programs like UT as fellow underdogs.

I know that sounds odd being a powerhouse program, but I've always felt that the media saw us as 2nd class and when we tore up 3 NC's in 4 years (should have been 4 in 5) despite our "lack of speed" and "outdated" offenses, they wanted to treat it like a fluke.

It's cause the media has always been about the next big thing, who is "flashiest", and who kicks the most @$$ while looking so flashy.

Nebraska did everything non-flashy and did it with a classy style. The media loves those offenses that pass a lot and rip people through the air, but we did it slow and methodically on the ground. Not to mention a lot of people disliked us since we kept kicking the butt of every team we played, no matter how good they were.

Plus, they all looked like idiots after the 1996 Fiesta Bowl :restore

I also must give a lot of credit to Nebraska fans for being VERY smart sports fans. Evereywhere we went we ran into people who knew about Utah football and even about the fact gymnastics was in town. We got lots of questions about how next year's football team looked. We got lots of questions about how the gymnastics team was preforming. And we got no negative comments demeaning our school or it's accomplishments. We were very gratefule and impressed.

How does next year's Utah team look, by the way? I was obviously impressed with them in the bowl game, but can't seem to recall who they're losing to graduation.

Well one thing that hurts them is the departure of their OC. I just read an article that said he transferred over to Cal? It's in the Other Stuff section under Big 12 if you want to take a look at it. I'm sure that will hurt them quite a bit.