SIGNED RB Aaron Green

He is going to make his decision before the football season begins at the latest...I'm looking for a commitment possibly in August. :cowbell:

Thanks for the update nation! :thumbs

You think we get him? I sure do!

Based on everything I have read over his recruiting process, I really think it will be hard for him to turn down the opportunity to play with his brother here at NU. The school has made it VERY clear that he is their #1 recruiting candidate. If you look, NU has only offered 7 other RB's. Furthermore, with Heard being a questionable arrival still, the opportunity for Green to come in and make an immediate impact will be very good! I say he will be :bigredn: come August!

Anybody's guess is as good as mine though...I mean...I thought Gabe Lynn was a lock for Nebraska too. :facepalm:

He is going to make his decision before the football season begins at the latest...I'm looking for a commitment possibly in August. :cowbell:

Based on everything I have read over his recruiting process, I really think it will be hard for him to turn down the opportunity to play with his brother here at NU. The school has made it VERY clear that he is their #1 recruiting candidate. If you look, NU has only offered 7 other RB's. Furthermore, with Heard being a questionable arrival still, the opportunity for Green to come in and make an immediate impact will be very good! I say he will be :bigredn: come August!

Anybody's guess is as good as mine though...I mean...I thought Gabe Lynn was a lock for Nebraska too. :facepalm:

Had we not fallen on our face during the OU game that he was visiting, he may very well be here.

Had we not fallen on our face during the OU game that he was visiting, he may very well be here.

What?

What?

I mean, normally game performance is kind of a secondary consideration. But that was a game where we were EPICLY bad. We were down 28-0 before you had a chance to blink. We sort of got completely dominated and outclassed in every way by the other school he was considering heavily. It's like a girl watching you and another guy who's after her get in a fight. If she likes you, she'll take your side when you get knocked out. But we sort of just turned around and pulled our drawers down without so much as looking them in the eye.

What?

He was a recruit back in 08-09. Sited us getting our butts handed to us by OU as the reason he chose them over us.

Sorry, back to topic.

What?

I mean, normally game performance is kind of a secondary consideration. But that was a game where we were EPICLY bad. We were down 28-0 before you had a chance to blink. We sort of got completely dominated and outclassed in every way by the other school he was considering heavily. It's like a girl watching you and another guy who's after her get in a fight. If she likes you, she'll take your side when you get knocked out. But we sort of just turned around and pulled our drawers down without so much as looking them in the eye.

Off topic didn't you just post that Watson 2008 offense was great but now it's a reason that a recruit didn't come to NU. <_<

:backtotopic

What?

Off topic didn't you just post that Watson 2008 offense was great but now it's a reason that a recruit didn't come to NU. <_<

:backtotopic

Well, I posted that it really overachieved. It did a lot of damage for what we had! But against the killer teams we faced, Todd Peterson was not just going to become a stretch-the-field kind of receiver. And a game where we lose and give up 62 points? Down 28-0 in four minutes? That's not just on the offense. That game was a complete, all-around butt wupping.

I'm all for this thread surpassing Owa's, by the way :) Maybe after he commits, we can have a cleaner "post-commitment" thread just to break things down? *If he commits. Not to jinx or anything.

Alot of chatter on shaggybevo about Malcolm Brown and Bama, one poster actually said that if Brown commits to The Tide that Aaron will atomatically go to texas. And Malcolm is supposed to make his decision in August. Should be a fun couple of months! Come on Aaron come to the Scarlet and Cream!

I would just like to say that almost all of the "Insiders" on the rivals boards said at one point that Owa was going to commit for sure. Let me just remind everybody that these kids can say one thing and do another.

I think the fact that he has NU among his finalists is just proof that HE wants to comes to Nebraska. No, I'm not just saying that in delusion, personally I'm not crazy about Green. I think the coaches at the other schools are doing a really good job telling him that he's gonna be a star and needs to go to one of those glamorous schools like UT or USC. When it gets down to it, I just hope that the school he chooses is for his reasons, not a good convincing job by a coach.