ATH Curtis Carter

I wonder what Carter thinks of TCU's offense after watching them get shut down by Boise St. It's hard not to appreciate the irony of Carter's situation. He de-commits from Nebraska and publicly derides their offense, and then narrows his list to Missouri and TCU because of their great offenses. He then commits to TCU. Then comes the bowls and Carter has to sit at home and watch Nebraska's offense explode and Missouri's and TCU's offenses each get embarrassed on national TV. Oops!

Hey!!!!! Back off!!! Scoring 13 on Navy is no short order!!!!!! :sarcasm

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

It's easy to check the facts.

Enunwa committed to us on Oct 26. 2009 He had a visit with Wash State on 10/9 and a visit with us on 10/16. No other offers. OCT. 26 is NOT EARLY. The kid was not highly recruited for whatever reason and not a single offer from a California school.

As a comparison, Keeston Terry, I think we had committed in June, maybe before and we were all thrilled regardless what EZ-E might be saying now. He COMMITTED early but had a nice offer list.

Carter committed to us about the same time or earlier than Enunwa.

for someone so good at research, i'm shocked that you still haven't found a single example to support your claim that the "bo doctrine" is either new or temporary.

It is so temporary I would say it is likely no longer in effect. We'll see as time goes by. This isn't the last time a kid is going to decide to check out another school after an oral committment.

After blowing steam in the tirade the "Bo Doctrine" likely changed to a "flexible" policy quicker than Napalitano went from saying "Everything worked just like it should" to "That ain't the way it's sposed to work, somebody screwed up".

The love for BC is still strong in you, it runs hot in your veins. You have not let it pass out of your body yet, when it does your posts will be read with more love. You were burnt by your support for BC and now how to take it out on Bo because he is not doing things the BC way. Once you can admit that, you will feel better.

Telling kids that you are either all in or dont committ yet is exactly HOW you get the kids you want. Do you really not see how that makes sense? Do you think other schools say "please, give us your verbal but go check out all the other schools you can still"

Nooooooooo, they all say "when you are ready, give us your word but dont do it until you are ready and when you do, we expect you to stick with us"

Very true. Looking back, my successful high school football team would have been even more successful had all our skill position players bought into our HC's system.

With that being said. If I were 18 year old Curtis Carter reading this, I would be laughing my ass off at how upset some of you are over me.

With that being said. If I were 18 year old Curtis Carter reading this, I would be laughing my ass off at how upset some of you are over me.

Well I certainly don't feel any shame about being upset that we're not getting a talent like Carter. I still believe he's a very talented skill player that NU's offense could really use. That being said, Carter did shoot across the bow of Husker Nation with his public criticism of our team and trying to convince commits to go elsewhere. Even if you're only 18, you've got to expect to catch some crap when you do that to the Huskers. Remember, we'll stick together through all kinds of weather - even when that weather is a $#@% storm from a recruit.

Well I certainly don't feel any shame about being upset that we're not getting a talent like Carter. I still believe he's a very talented skill player that NU's offense could really use. That being said, Carter did shoot across the bow of Husker Nation with his public criticism of our team and trying to convince commits to go elsewhere. Even if you're only 18, you've got to expect to catch some crap when you do that to the Huskers. Remember, we'll stick together through all kinds of weather - even when that weather is a $#@% storm from a recruit.

Again, even the fact that an 18 year old boy that is not yours and is not breaking the law can provide you with a sh#tstorm is hillarious. I would be laughing that the obsession has now gone on for 13 pages. Everyone is acting like Gabbert and Carter told you he loved you, took your virginity, dumped you and told everyone you were a bad lay.

It's a kid who the staff turned out to not even really want. Try to have some perspective.

EDIT: I'm just trying to say, a kid fires a shot across your bow, you shake your head, roll your eyes, and move on. These are kids and they are going to say/do stupid sh#t.

• 8 months later...

• 2 years later...

Funny to go back to this thread. Curtis Carter and Tyler Gabbert are both busts. Enunwa and Kenny Bell make 2010 possibly our best receiving class ever. Bo moved NU to an offense that includes the option and is still receiver friendly. And Watson is having success at Louisville. Amazing how much perspective can change in a few years.

And if billy ball is still around, I'm still waiting for you to show me where Bo abandoned his policy towards commits.