This could get ugly

Uh huh. Our killing of them seems to be working out quite well in Afghanistan and Iraq doesn't it? We aren't losing either, per se, but we also aren't winning. So the end is the same for us. We will pull out of both before achieving genuine stability. It's just a matter of when.

maybe im having a brain fart, but what do you mean by "the end is the same for us"?

being as the goal should be for PEACE, and saving of LIVES... no its not working, 5000 some us military servicemen, over 300000 iraqis are dead. i don't know the numbers of afghans killed, but whatever it is, its not worth it imo. none of its worth it. and mos def none of its working

they're fighting for there land, holy land, brothers, sons.... there way of life. everything thats *really* worth fighting for.

we're fighting for oil interests and a military base(or 2 or 3).... it all seems like a waste. a waste of life, money, time, effort, ect.... one could argue that we're fighting for democracy, but thats not true. democracy may result from the war, but its not the *reason* we're fighting.

meanwhile, we're just creating more hatred toward us in that region(and probably around the world). but hey, at least we'll have it our way

Uh huh. Our killing of them seems to be working out quite well in Afghanistan and Iraq doesn't it? We aren't losing either, per se, but we also aren't winning. So the end is the same for us. We will pull out of both before achieving genuine stability. It's just a matter of when.

maybe im having a brain fart, but what do you mean by "the end is the same for us"?

no its not working, 5000 some us military servicemen, over 300000 iraqis are dead. i don't know the numbers of afghans killed, but whatever it is, its not worth it imo. none of its worth it.

they're fighting for there land, holy land, brothers, sons.... there way of life. everything thats *really* worth fighting for.

we're fighting for oil interests and a military base(or 2 or 3).... it all seems like a waste. a waste of life, money, time, effort, ect.... one could argue that we're fighting for democracy, but thats not true. it may result from the war, but its not the *reason* we're fighting.

meanwhile, we're just creating more hatred toward us in that region(and probably around the world). but hey, at least we'll have it our way

I meant that not "winning" now is the same as losing for us. Sorry for the confusion. And I certainly agree about the futility of it all. That's why I don't understand your "if they act on their hatred towards us . . . they die" quote. If we are so efficient at killing those who hate us how are we losing? Because we can't/won't kill the people we need to?

no its not working, 5000 some us military servicemen, over 300000 iraqis are dead. i don't know the numbers of afghans killed, but whatever it is, its not worth it imo. none of its worth it.

we're fighting for oil interests and a military base(or 2 or 3).... it all seems like a waste. a waste of life, money, time, effort, ect.... one could argue that we're fighting for democracy, but thats not true. it may result from the war, but its not the *reason* we're fighting.

I meant that not "winning" now is the same as losing for us. Sorry for the confusion. And I certainly agree about the futility of it all. That's why I don't understand your "if they act on their hatred towards us . . . they die" quote. If we are so efficient at killing those who hate us how are we losing? Because we can't/won't kill the people we need to?

thats my whole point, we don't need to. at this point in time, iran has done us 0 harm(yet we make threats toward them), pakistan has done us 0 harm(yet we bomb them), iraq didn't do any harm to us until we harmed them... and we side with israel, yet it doesn't benefit our national security in any way(it actually hurts us).

if for some reason iran launches a bomb at us, hey thats a reason to fight, and they'd be killed for it(thats what i meant by "if they act on their hatred toward us... they die").