Sonia Sotomayor

I haven't seen anything about Obama's new SCOTUS appointee, Sonia Sotomayor, posted anywhere here so I thought I'd bring it up.

For those of you who don't know about this witch it would be worth your time to read up on her and voice your opposition to this moronic appointee.

Here a brief little tidbit...

...in Ricci v. DeStefano....19 white firefighters and one Hispanic firefighter charged that New Haven city officials engaged in racially discriminatory practices by throwing out the results of two promotional exams. As Cabranes puts it, “this case presents a straight-forward question: May a municipal employer disregard the results of a qualifying examination, which was carefully constructed to ensure race-neutrality, on the ground that the results of that examination yielded too many qualified applicants of one race and not enough of another?

Moronic Liberal

Basically Sonia Sotomayor is a liberal activist judge whose career has been one of legislating from the bench. It was her moronic ruling, along with others in the 2nd circut, that invalidated the promotion of white firefighters, and one hispanic, because there weren't blacks who scored well enough on the exam to merit promotion.

Another judge, appointed by Bill Clinton, named in the quote above said this about Obama's new SCOTUS appointee...

...Sotomayor’s unwillingness to give a fair shake to parties whose claims she evidently dislikes.

Moronic Liberal

This is why I so hate liberals. They view the courts as the method to pass their ridiculous draconian legislation because they know that if they put their agenda to a referendum it'll get voted down. So they use the courts to write the legislation that they want because they know they can't pass legislation by traditional means.

Almost all of her collegues have called her a mental midget, a light-weight, a person not even close to being worthy of being on the SCOTUS. And yet, because she is the type of liberal activist judge that obama wants so he can shift the balance of the SCOTUS she gets the nomination.

God I sincerely hope that this woman is exposed as the fraud she truly is and doesn't make it through the nomination process.

Any of you obama bots out there want to take a shot at defending this nominee? There's absolutely no rational way to defend this person's appointment on intellectual grounds but go ahead and try.

You are so insulting to people who disagree with you, that no I am not going to engage in a discourse with you about Sotomayor, notwithstanding the ample amount of evidence and admissions from conservatives, that she is a competent choice. Anyone who reads something other than a conservative web site (like the one you quoted) will see that for themselves.

You are so insulting to people who disagree with you, that no I am not going to engage in a discourse with you about Sotomayor, notwithstanding the ample amount of evidence and admissions from conservatives, that she is a competent choice. Anyone who reads something other than a conservative web site (like the one you quoted) will see that for themselves.

Say what? When have I insulted you or anyone else on this site? I mean, if you really want me to insult and humiliate you I can.

I offered my opinion of this nominee. I think she's a horrible choice, I cited a source backing up my claim and I used appropriate language to describe what I think of this person.

So rather than engaging in a debate on the merits of her qualifications you take the low road and try and smear me. Typical.

Furthermore, the case I cited just so happened to be in a conservative forum and for you to dismiss it because you don't like the source well then that's another typical trait.

http://www.scotuswiki.com/index.php?title=...tefano%2C_et_al.

(This link is a relatively unbiased account of the problem presented in this case.)

http://www.slate.com/id/2219037/

(This is a Slate article about the difficulty of the question. As a side note . . . I LOVE Slate. Probably one of the least biased online publications. They have conservative articles, and they have liberal articles. Most articles present both sides and explain the points quite well.)

I haven't seen anything about Obama's new SCOTUS appointee, Sonia Sotomayor, posted anywhere here so I thought I'd bring it up.

For those of you who don't know about this witch it would be worth your time to read up on her and voice your opposition to this moronic appointee.

Here a brief little tidbit...

...in Ricci v. DeStefano....19 white firefighters and one Hispanic firefighter charged that New Haven city officials engaged in racially discriminatory practices by throwing out the results of two promotional exams. As Cabranes puts it, “this case presents a straight-forward question: May a municipal employer disregard the results of a qualifying examination, which was carefully constructed to ensure race-neutrality, on the ground that the results of that examination yielded too many qualified applicants of one race and not enough of another?

Moronic Liberal

Basically Sonia Sotomayor is a liberal activist judge whose career has been one of legislating from the bench. It was her moronic ruling, along with others in the 2nd circut, that invalidated the promotion of white firefighters, and one hispanic, because there weren't blacks who scored well enough on the exam to merit promotion.

Another judge, appointed by Bill Clinton, named in the quote above said this about Obama's new SCOTUS appointee...

...Sotomayor’s unwillingness to give a fair shake to parties whose claims she evidently dislikes.

Moronic Liberal

This is why I so hate liberals. They view the courts as the method to pass their ridiculous draconian legislation because they know that if they put their agenda to a referendum it'll get voted down. So they use the courts to write the legislation that they want because they know they can't pass legislation by traditional means.

Almost all of her collegues have called her a mental midget, a light-weight, a person not even close to being worthy of being on the SCOTUS. And yet, because she is the type of liberal activist judge that obama wants so he can shift the balance of the SCOTUS she gets the nomination.

God I sincerely hope that this woman is exposed as the fraud she truly is and doesn't make it through the nomination process.

Any of you obama bots out there want to take a shot at defending this nominee? There's absolutely no rational way to defend this person's appointment on intellectual grounds but go ahead and try.

If her decision was so obviously 'moronic'.... why do you suppose the US Supreme Court has decided to hear the case? Slow day?

And it wasn't her decision - it was the decision of she and 2 other judges in deciding NOT to set aside a lower court's ruling.

Me thinks you should read up on the complexities involved here.

Say what? When have I insulted you or anyone else on this site? I mean, if you really want me to insult and humiliate you I can.

I offered my opinion of this nominee. I think she's a horrible choice, I cited a source backing up my claim and I used appropriate language to describe what I think of this person.

So rather than engaging in a debate on the merits of her qualifications you take the low road and try and smear me. Typical.

Furthermore, the case I cited just so happened to be in a conservative forum and for you to dismiss it because you don't like the source well then that's another typical trait.

for you to not see that there's bias behind it is typical rose-colored glasses that would come from anyone on any side of the aisle.