Extremism and the Internet

it's cold and heartless to you for someone not to be able to achieve all they can and be as rich as possible.

i think it's cold and heartless for someone not to be able to get to that same status because they were accidentally born of the wrong parents, in the wrong region, without the right nature given tools, etc etc etc.

to you, the only way for the world to prosper is for the haves to have and the have nots to wither away, based on the only equality of life.

hey, you were born. that's your only right. now get to work or die.

Yes, it is actually your view that is cold and heartless. What other way is there to describe such insanity, that which rewards failure and punishes success? You would rather have everybody poor than anybody rich, sounds brilliant!! What type of incentives do you plan on offering people for that to succeed?

If free to make your own decisions, you can get to whatever status you choose, who's saying you can't? Do you not believe in people overcoming obstacles? I'm sure Helen Keller, Jim Abbott, Ray Charles and plenty of nameless others would find that line of thinking both amusing and disturbing at the same time. Do you really understand what you are proclaiming?

And as for rights, what exactly do you think are your rights? I can't wait to hear your response for this one.

All those people you mentioned HAD TO BE HELPED to get where they got. people sacrificed parts of themselves, which is anti-life according to you, to help them have a better life.

and i'm not proposing rewarding failure. rewarding people who go out of there way to not work for themselves is immoral.

and you know what? i bet your style of a/c would work f'ing wonders over this f'ing government. yes everyone just feeds the corporations and lets our government run rampant. if the electorate wasn't so fat, lazy, and content with whats going on, we would've revolted in the seventies.

If free to make your own decisions, you can get to whatever status you choose, who's saying you can't?

the free market of course! if you weren't born with the right personality traits of sociability, intelligence, etc, your "terminal status" would peak at a certain point without help. so you really can't choose a status. i liken this with a mythbusters myth, the penny falling off the empire state building can kill. first, it couldn't because it would get caught in an updraft. second, it's terminal velocity isn't enough to kill a person. a penny isn't made to kill people at it's terminal velocity via gravity, something that occurs in nature. it would need HELP, via a gun i.e. a man, to kill a person.

but who cares? that is what the market chose for you. there are several people who work beyond that peak status (behind the curtains they were HELPED along the way SURELY), so why can't you?

and of course if this person can't afford a kid, they won't have them. their traits won't be passed on to the next generation, and in thousands of years, natural selection would give us the equality without government we've all been seeking. what a utopia!

hey SOCAL, i'll see you in the year 300,009 when that equality exists!

Once again, it is only you calling for so-called “equality” of man. I understand that naturally human beings are born different; therefore we can never be equal. It’s impossible. You and other government supporters; through laws, regulation, and government; trying to force people to be equal doesn’t, can’t and won’t ever work. If anything it only brings about greater inequality. The only way to ensure prosperity is to allow individuals to make choices and to either reap the benefits of them or learn from and be held accountable for mistakes.

I like how you discredit the accomplishments of individuals by pointing to the fact that they may have been helped, but when did I ever say people couldn’t be helped? I said sacrifice is wrong because sacrifice is giving up something for nothing or something of less value than that which is given up. Did it ever occur to you that some people actually LOVE to help, aren't forced, and RECEIVE joy from helping others? They value joy more than they value that which they gave up, so therefore it isn't sacrifice but compensation. For example, giving to charity because you want to is in no way considered sacrifice. Being forced to give because your church, your parents, or the government says you must is. There's a difference.

So, if you aren't proposing universal poverty, what are you proposing then? I don't see how your utopia of "equality" can lead to anything but poverty. Take a look at history and all evidence throughout points to that same conclusion. You can't take from the productive segment of society in order to prop up the unproductive, and hope that all will be equally prosperous. What you create instead is disincentive, discontent, more entitlement, less production and alas more poverty.

I have no clue where you are going with your penny analogy, but you lost me from the get go!! There are no myths in what I’m saying, so maybe it's your lack of understanding the basics of the free market that leaves you grasping at the limits of the inequalities you state. In fact, the free market actually works to the contrary of what you say and think. It is actually the people with the best products, ideas, workers, prices and customer service who prosper. More easily stated, it is those who think the best that prosper.

In order to succeed a business must employ the most productive workers, give the best wages, and sell their products at the best price with the best customer service. If they don’t, free market competition ensures that they won’t be in business very long. It is this process that allows any human to succeed if he chooses to think enough. Every human has the capacity to think, whether they do or not is up to him or her. Those who think the best will no doubt receive the most benefits and prosper, those who choose not to think, will not. What is either cruel or utopian about that?

I have noticed that when you start speaking of economics; you make the common mistake of comparing the free market with the disastrous state-run economic system of today. There's a huge difference. With a free market there are no limits, as you express them, to what a man can accomplish. It is only a system saddled with taxes, tariffs, subsidies, and unnecessary regulation that create limits. Free choice allows a man to do whatever he wants. The limits are that he cannot infringe upon the rights of another person, period. Beyond that, to whatever extent a man’s mind can think, he can accomplish. It is actually the limits, laws, government and regulations you propose that leaves man forever stuck in poverty and creates the inequality you so wish to rid the world of.

Unlike me, it is you who looks at the world and sees the need for some type of equality utopia. This is because you see man as a non-thinker. You don’t understand that every man has the capacity to think; therefore you feel the government needs to think for him. I see the world for what it is. Humans, who when they are allowed to make choices, always do so with their own best interest in mind. We are humans and we do make mistakes but those who choose to think also learn from mistakes. It is the government and its supporters, with intentions to promote “equality,” that disallows men to learn. And unless man can learn, he can never prosper.

As I have said before, the contradictions in government ideology are endless. This is just another example. When the majority of man catches on about the myth of “equality” and is educated enough to understand that free choice is the only way, the voice of reason will prevail and only then will we truly see prosperity. Every day more and more people are learning, seeking the truth and finding it. If I was a betting man, I’d bet the under on your year 300,009 prediction. It may not happen in my lifetime, but the day will come when man will realize that he really can think for himself and that prosperity is in each individual’s mind. When that happens there is nothing left for government but to be abolished and only then can man truly start living.

an equality brought about by natural selection. poor and unintelligent people will finally die out. finally!

it's cold and heartless to you for someone not to be able to achieve all they can and be as rich as possible.

i think it's cold and heartless for someone not to be able to get to that same status because they were accidentally born of the wrong parents, in the wrong region, without the right nature given tools, etc etc etc.

to you, the only way for the world to prosper is for the haves to have and the have nots to wither away, based on the only equality of life.

hey, you were born. that's your only right. now get to work or die.

Yes, it is actually your view that is cold and heartless. What other way is there to describe such insanity, that which rewards failure and punishes success? You would rather have everybody poor than anybody rich, sounds brilliant!! What type of incentives do you plan on offering people for that to succeed?

If free to make your own decisions, you can get to whatever status you choose, who's saying you can't? Do you not believe in people overcoming obstacles? I'm sure Helen Keller, Jim Abbott, Ray Charles and plenty of nameless others would find that line of thinking both amusing and disturbing at the same time. Do you really understand what you are proclaiming?

And as for rights, what exactly do you think are your rights? I can't wait to hear your response for this one.

All those people you mentioned HAD TO BE HELPED to get where they got. people sacrificed parts of themselves, which is anti-life according to you, to help them have a better life.

and i'm not proposing rewarding failure. rewarding people who go out of there way to not work for themselves is immoral.

and you know what? i bet your style of a/c would work f'ing wonders over this f'ing government. yes everyone just feeds the corporations and lets our government run rampant. if the electorate wasn't so fat, lazy, and content with whats going on, we would've revolted in the seventies.

If free to make your own decisions, you can get to whatever status you choose, who's saying you can't?

the free market of course! if you weren't born with the right personality traits of sociability, intelligence, etc, your "terminal status" would peak at a certain point without help. so you really can't choose a status. i liken this with a mythbusters myth, the penny falling off the empire state building can kill. first, it couldn't because it would get caught in an updraft. second, it's terminal velocity isn't enough to kill a person. a penny isn't made to kill people at it's terminal velocity via gravity, something that occurs in nature. it would need HELP, via a gun i.e. a man, to kill a person.

but who cares? that is what the market chose for you. there are several people who work beyond that peak status (behind the curtains they were HELPED along the way SURELY), so why can't you?

and of course if this person can't afford a kid, they won't have them. their traits won't be passed on to the next generation, and in thousands of years, natural selection would give us the equality without government we've all been seeking. what a utopia!

hey SOCAL, i'll see you in the year 300,009 when that equality exists!

Once again, it is only you calling for so-called “equality” of man. I understand that naturally human beings are born different; therefore we can never be equal. It’s impossible. You and other government supporters; through laws, regulation, and government; trying to force people to be equal doesn’t, can’t and won’t ever work. If anything it only brings about greater inequality. The only way to ensure prosperity is to allow individuals to make choices and to either reap the benefits of them or learn from and be held accountable for mistakes.

I like how you discredit the accomplishments of individuals by pointing to the fact that they may have been helped, but when did I ever say people couldn’t be helped? I said sacrifice is wrong because sacrifice is giving up something for nothing or something of less value than that which is given up. Did it ever occur to you that some people actually LOVE to help, aren't forced, and RECEIVE joy from helping others? They value joy more than they value that which they gave up, so therefore it isn't sacrifice but compensation. For example, giving to charity because you want to is in no way considered sacrifice. Being forced to give because your church, your parents, or the government says you must is. There's a difference.

So, if you aren't proposing universal poverty, what are you proposing then? I don't see how your utopia of "equality" can lead to anything but poverty. Take a look at history and all evidence throughout points to that same conclusion. You can't take from the productive segment of society in order to prop up the unproductive, and hope that all will be equally prosperous. What you create instead is disincentive, discontent, more entitlement, less production and alas more poverty.

I have no clue where you are going with your penny analogy, but you lost me from the get go!! There are no myths in what I’m saying, so maybe it's your lack of understanding the basics of the free market that leaves you grasping at the limits of the inequalities you state. In fact, the free market actually works to the contrary of what you say and think. It is actually the people with the best products, ideas, workers, prices and customer service who prosper. More easily stated, it is those who think the best that prosper.

In order to succeed a business must employ the most productive workers, give the best wages, and sell their products at the best price with the best customer service. If they don’t, free market competition ensures that they won’t be in business very long. It is this process that allows any human to succeed if he chooses to think enough. Every human has the capacity to think, whether they do or not is up to him or her. Those who think the best will no doubt receive the most benefits and prosper, those who choose not to think, will not. What is either cruel or utopian about that?

I have noticed that when you start speaking of economics; you make the common mistake of comparing the free market with the disastrous state-run economic system of today. There's a huge difference. With a free market there are no limits, as you express them, to what a man can accomplish. It is only a system saddled with taxes, tariffs, subsidies, and unnecessary regulation that create limits. Free choice allows a man to do whatever he wants. The limits are that he cannot infringe upon the rights of another person, period. Beyond that, to whatever extent a man’s mind can think, he can accomplish. It is actually the limits, laws, government and regulations you propose that leaves man forever stuck in poverty and creates the inequality you so wish to rid the world of.

Unlike me, it is you who looks at the world and sees the need for some type of equality utopia. This is because you see man as a non-thinker. You don’t understand that every man has the capacity to think; therefore you feel the government needs to think for him. I see the world for what it is. Humans, who when they are allowed to make choices, always do so with their own best interest in mind. We are humans and we do make mistakes but those who choose to think also learn from mistakes. It is the government and its supporters, with intentions to promote “equality,” that disallows men to learn. And unless man can learn, he can never prosper.

As I have said before, the contradictions in government ideology are endless. This is just another example. When the majority of man catches on about the myth of “equality” and is educated enough to understand that free choice is the only way, the voice of reason will prevail and only then will we truly see prosperity. Every day more and more people are learning, seeking the truth and finding it. If I was a betting man, I’d bet the under on your year 300,009 prediction. It may not happen in my lifetime, but the day will come when man will realize that he really can think for himself and that prosperity is in each individual’s mind. When that happens there is nothing left for government but to be abolished and only then can man truly start living.

an equality brought about by natural selection. poor and unintelligent people will finally die out. finally!

What leads you to arrive at that conclusion? If anything the evidence points in the direction of more people prospering.

No. If anything, those who refuse to work will die out. The poor and unintelligent will still be able to find jobs in a free market.

For those who are unable to work because of a disability, there are many philantropists who would gladly take care of them. A free market economy would also ensure a greater number of wealthy philantropists.

This is only true in a regulated market, one in which free choice is disallowed. You are falsely assuming that individuals with "the silver spoon" will always make the right decisions and those without will not. In reality, evidence points to the fact that every individual is able to make both good and bad choices. It is regulation, law and government that doesn't allow free choice, therefore eliminating both benefits and consequences of choices. It is this is what allows the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer, not the free market as you claim.