Thats so sad dude, to see someone that young try to stand up for her ideals and be killed in the process.

Its pretty clear that the people of the nation arent very supportive of their government. Iran is either gonna turn out two ways, things will get resolved the peaceful way (assassination) or it will turn out somewhat like Iraq did. But thats just my theory.

Maybe a little perspective is needed on US Iranian relations.

US intervention in the affairs of Iran will be no more helpful today than they have been in the past. The best we can do at this point is condemn their atrocities in the global media, and possibly get the UN to sanction them. Otherwise there is not a lot America CAN do. Besides, when did it become our job to police the world anyway?

It may seem callous, but if the Iranians want their freedom bad enough, their going to have to take it themselves.

US intervention in the affairs of Iran will be no more helpful today than they have been in the past. The best we can do at this point is condemn their atrocities in the global media, and possibly get the UN to sanction them. Otherwise there is not a lot America CAN do. Besides, when did it become our job to police the world anyway?

It may seem callous, but if the Iranians want their freedom bad enough, their going to have to take it themselves.

I absolutely agree on that note. We fought the British for our freedom, why cant other countries do the same? :cop:

I dont think the US should get into the Iranian conflict, the people just need to keep fighting for what they want. I truly think that unless someone is conflicting with our interests or the interests of our allies, they become a threat and should be dealt with. This would constitute a peaceful scenario with Iran, but an agressive solution to North Korea, but why should we be the only ones to do something about it. Let Russia and China do some dirty work for once. :)

That was my point exactly. They were the ones doing the dying standing up for their freedom. It's not about being a policeman. It's standing up for what is right.

That was my point exactly. They were the ones doing the dying standing up for their freedom. It's not about being a policeman. It's standing up for what is right.

Amen.

Since when did we become so dam concerned with what the limp d@#k Ero trash think about us anyway. Will we suddenly become unpopular among muslims if we stand up for these kids in Iran. Gosh I wouldn't want to upset the delicate sesibilities of the Muslim Broterhood or they may try to make trouble for us.

I don't think we need to invade Iran to show support for these protestors, but we can facilitate communications and spread information to and from them, ultimately, you win hearts and minds by having the conviction to follow your heart, and the heart of America yearns that all men be free.