Urine bombs from CU fans.

Almost every discussion that I get into with somebody regarding CU fan, someone always refer to the treatment that Husker fan gets from CU fan in Boulder. Especially, an incident where CU fans "threw urine bombs at the visiting Husker fans and slashed tires". My question is, was this story an isolated incident that kind of grew wheels and took off? Or does this happen on a normal basis?

i know this is slightly of topic, but i have never understood people who find pleasure in that sort of thing.

"hey. Lets pee in this water gun/bottle/ballon and throw/shoot/chuck it at somebody"

I for one, dont like to pee on myself. freakin weirdos....

Probably, it's just payback for the urine bombs CU fans got from NU during the 94' game in Lincoln. And yes, it can be very brutal in Boulder if you are wearing red or have Nebraska license plates.

Right. Colorado fan has been screwing with Husker Fan for the last thirty years for something that happened 15 years ago. Makes perfect sense.

I'd like to gather a few dozen Nebraska license plates from junkyards and use magnets to put them over the plates of Colorado cars parked near the stadium. Then place NU bumperstickers over their CU bumperstickers.

I’d like to see the looks of the Colo folks whose cars got vandalized by their own fans because of the Nebraska plates. Who would they be mad at?

I'd like to gather a few dozen Nebraska license plates from junkyards and use magnets to put them over the plates of Colorado cars parked near the stadium. Then place NU bumperstickers over their CU bumperstickers.

I’d like to see the looks of the Colo folks whose cars got vandalized by their own fans because of the Nebraska plates. Who would they be mad at?

Hell that may be the best idea ever man. Then the CU fans would know exactly the crap we put up with when we go to their field. :nanalama:woo:woo:nanalama

Yes I like using the nanallama, that thing rules.

This might get long but........

I went to CU/ NU in Boulder the year we put the 30-3 beating on them. on the way up the walk to the stadium we were bombarded with profanity and just tragically absurb verbal assaults. I would've been uncomforatble except that there were so many other Husker fans there. CU needs us to help sell out their stadium.

There were also a few more friendly people who wanted to engage in some competitive but non-harmful banter and that's fine.

The friend I attended with had been to games in Boulder before and told me "If we win we will probably have to fight on the way out." It ended up not being a problem bc/ the game had to be stopped to clear out the student section and most CU fans had already gone home in disappointment.

When my 80 year old grandmother heard I was going to the game she told me to be careful. Her and my grandfather and friends used to go every year but stopped because of a variety of CU fan stupidity. This ranged from someone behind them at a red light trying to push their car into the intersection to someone running by and knocking hats off their heads. They quit going to the game.

Living in denver I have found CU fan to be rather unknowledgeable when it comes to college football, very beligerent about Nebraska, and relatively disinterested unless the team is winning (btw- a 7 win season means winning here).

I'm sure Husker fans have acted poorly. Sal's Dead is a low point.

In relation to the Christian Peter thread going. Years ago I was arguing with a CU fan about whose program was dirtier and criminal athletes. I said "At least our criminlas won national championships! Yours just went to jail!"

I have relatives that go to the game in Boulder. They all went to a restaurant the night before the game and had their Husker apparel on...they were seated, but never were able to place their order. They tried to talk to someone and it did not help. The next time they were out there for the game they went to the same restaurant and kept the jackets/non-Husker sweatshirts on until they were served their food. Once their food arrived at their table, they took off their sweatshirts and jackets to show off their Husker apparel. The staff's jaws hit the floor and they were PISSED.

It is unbelievable how some of their fan base acts. I wish I could have been there to see the reaction of the restaurant staff!

I dont know, i think it might be isolated incidents or maybe a football season thing. Because i drove through Boulder and with a Nebraska plate, and wearing Husker apparel to re-fill on gas, and this was early January 2009, and i was treated with respect from the locals. So i dont know, i think its just a football season thing and isloated incidents.

I lived in the state for about 8 months. Wore red nearly every day. Got some fun razzing but never experienced anything like what has been mentioned. I have attended three games at Boulder. Never had a problem, nor was my vehicle vandalized. I would say they were a little more roudy than most fans you encounter, but I think you expect that from some of the things some of our idiot fans did.

I hope it simmers down some. I would certainly hate to see some one get seriously hurt. Messing with 80 year old people is just wrong, no matter who you are or your fan level.

Sal's Dead is a low point.

Let's pretend this really happened, as alleged, and that it really was a Husker fan who did this. All of those points are unproven and debatable, but let's just pretend for a moment it's completely true.

So what?

So some idiot who doesn't understand the first thing about what it means to be a Husker Fan actually spray-painted that on a sign. One guy. Maybe even a car full of guys - let's say five.

Out of how many hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Husker Fans out there, and the quite literally millions of Husker Fans from the past 40 years? They're still going on, to this day, about the actions of one guy? One car full of guys?

We're still hearing about that, nearly 20 years later, from Buff Fan. 20 years. And this is all they've got.

Meanwhile, any one of us can cite, off the tops of our heads, about half a dozen shenanigans perpetrated by dozens, if not hundreds, of Buff Fans every single year. Every year.

The mere fact that they keep whining about "Sal is dead Go Big Red" nearly 20 years after it allegedly happened is actually a point they make in favor of the respectability of Husker Fans. They've got to go back 20 years to an incident that I can't find a shred of proof on, despite nearly half a year of web searching.

To this day it's being used as an excuse for their behavior.

Give me a break.

Heres my story

I live in Colorado and a few years ago I went to that OU-CU game (were OU was upset), because my friend and his family are major OU fans (which is kind of ironic), and they were just absolutely awfull to us. Of course I was wearing Husker gear and everywere I went they just were real dipp Sh*ts. At Arbys they pretty much threw my burger at me, during the game in the OU section I was getting yelled at by some middle aged couple, and at the end of the game we accedently went through the dorm areas and they were trying to pic fights with us and were screaming obscenities left and right. This wasn't even a Husker game! Although I hear Columbia is pretty bad too, CU fans in Boulder have this wierd obsessive hatered for the Huskers there and see it as this larger than life colossal rivalry I guess we can thank McCartney for that.

Yet outside Boulder their fans are usually pretty decent, even though they have somewhat of a resentment to NU, they really are quite respectfull (especialy the older ones). Still there a those select few unknowledgable fans who are complete disgraces to the game.