Racist in Chief

So, I'm gone vaction for 2 weeks, head buried underground, and noone addresses this whole Bama vs cops thing.

Honestly, I'm have tried to raise my kids to all but ignore race as an issue in their lives, and now I've got the Prez on TV pulling the "man is keepin a brotha down" thing.

This is such a pile of crap. How can I tell my kids that skin tone doesn't mean anything to ones abilities when they see this crap on the news?

So, do I look for BO and Ernie Chambers on publlic access wearing funny african hats now, is that where we're heading?

"He hoped his arrest would help reduce racial profiling by enforcement agencies." So, is this indicateing that the guy wanted to be arrested?

Gates made this an issue. He is promoting racism my friend, not addressing a greivence. This is corrosive to race relations and should not be celebrated as some enlightened act.

"He hoped his arrest would help reduce racial profiling by enforcement agencies." So, is this indicateing that the guy wanted to be arrested?

Gates made this an issue. He is promoting racism my friend, not addressing a greivence. This is corrosive to race relations and should not be celebrated as some enlightened act.

Here's what Gates wrote in his application to Yale.

"As always, whitey now sits in judgment of me, preparing to cast my fate. It is your decision either to let me blow with the wind as a nonentity or to encourage the development of self. Allow me to prove myself."

The quote that bothered me more than the one you picked was this:

"I am pleased that he, too, is eager to use my experience as a teaching moment, and if meeting Sgt. Crowley for a beer with the president will further that end, then I would be happy to oblige," Gates said in a statement on TheRoot.com, an Internet newsletter he edits.
On this statement alone I would tell Gates to go F@ck himself and rescind the invitation. What an arrogant ass! I guess Gates thinks he will teach that cracker cop his rightful place.

What is now being portrayed as a "teachable moment" in racial relations by the mainstream media instead of a "regrettable moment" to backtrack an obvious slur against not only Crowley, but the heads of the Fraternal Order of Police and the Policeman's Association have taken it as a slur against their memberships by the president responding with allegations of his own inflating the situation.

Ever hear of the phrase, "Where do I go to get my reputation back?" When President Obama addressed the situation during his press conference, and brought the spectre of racial profiling into the situation without knowing all the facts has permanently and effectively tarnished Sgt. Crowley's reputation. A reputation of a man who performed CPR on basketball superstar Reggie Lewis, whose widow praised Crowley for doing everything he could in an unsuccessful attempt save her husband after criticism from some in the black community. Crowley has taught a class on racial profiling for five years at the Lowell Police Academy after being hand-picked for the job by former police Commissioner Ronny Watson, who is black, and fellow officers, black and white, say Crowley is well-liked and respected on the force. This whole racial profiling charge is unsupported by any evidence in Sgt. Crowley's past.

In my opinion, this had nothing to do with racial profiling, but had everything to do with Gates' political connections. President Obama stated that Gates was a personal friend of his, and he showed his bias by going off half cocked maligning the Cambridge Police Department as stupid. Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Cambridge mayor Denise Simmons, both African Americans and personal friends of Gates, have issued apologies even before the evidence had played out. Makes one wonder if the decision by the Cambridge DA to drop the charges was precipitated by political pressure also.

I will call out bad actors such as the Oklahoma State Patrolman who grabbed the EMT by the throat, but what happened to Crowley is a miscarriage of justice and misuse of political power to destroy a man's reputation.

Sgt. Crowley's Co-workers expressing support for him.

YYR4HQGnMgQ

XYFSDpCOQXI

In my opinion, this had nothing to do with racial profiling, but had everything to do with Gates' political connections. President Obama stated that Gates was a personal friend of his, and he showed his bias by going off half cocked maligning the Cambridge Police Department as stupid. Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Cambridge mayor Denise Simmons, both African Americans and personal friends of Gates, have issued apologies even before the evidence had played out. Makes one wonder if the decision by the Cambridge DA to drop the charges was precipitated by political pressure also.

I will call out bad actors such as the Oklahoma State Patrolman who grabbed the EMT by the throat, but what happened to Crowley is a miscarriage of justice and misuse of political power to destroy a man's

Since this is the case, would not getting rid of the politics cure this problem?

I will call out bad actors such as the Oklahoma State Patrolman who grabbed the EMT by the throat, but what happened to Crowley is a miscarriage of justice and misuse of political power to destroy a man's

Since this is the case, would not getting rid of the politics cure this problem?

Problem being politics exists in one form or another in everyday life. From the politics in the board room, to your children politicking against each other for your attention, or whether or not your going to get any from the wife tonight are examples being political. To get rid of politics is to get rid of personal ambition.

I hate it when people say we have to get rid of something, when a small percentage of people abuse something, while the vast majority, the responsible ones, are made to suffer for another's transgressions.

I hate it when people say we have to get rid of something, when a small percentage of people abuse something, while the vast majority, the responsible ones, are made to suffer for another's transgressions.

So instead, you would suggest having the majority continue to suffer from the government's transgressions?

The problem for Peace Officers is everytime an idiot like the Oklahoma officer (vs EMT) does something that out of line, it makes idiots like Gates believe they are correct... It's obviously a racial issue when the officer is asking for proof of residency while investigating a burglary.... :sarcasm This country has officially gone to sh#t.

... The icing was already on the cake, Obama's just the giant penis-shaped candle on top.... :facepalm:

So instead, you would suggest having the majority continue to suffer from the government's transgressions?

Read the quote again, because it is from the perspective of the individual - government worker and citizen alike.

A decent Forbes article written about the situation.

I find one major fault with his so-called First Amendment defense against disorderly conduct. Try flipping the bird or verbally berating a judge in his courtroom. I'm sure you'll be slapped with a fine and a nice stay at the crossbar hotel for exercising your First Amendment right. The charge will be contempt, which is disorderly conduct in a courtroom.

Read the quote again, because it is from the perspective of the individual - government worker and citizen alike.

It is if you are one of the individuals who benefits. What about those that do suffer? Even if only a minority are those who suffer, does that make it right?