Visit Date:

Interests: Maryland, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M

Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR

Scout: NR

ESPN: NR

Assessing the talent:

Jamal Turner, QB, 6-foot-0.5 / 170, Arlington Sam Houston ASSETS: Has excellent speed and quickness; Showed his overall athleticism in tests and drills; Good arm strength and accurate AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: Definitely needs to get stronger which will help on either side of the ball in the future WHAT WAS MOST IMPRESSIVE AT COMBINE: Ran the fastest 40-yard dash of the day at a 4.51; Great shuttle time at 4.01; He is an overall excellent athlete that won the Combine 2011 MVP CONCLUSION: No doubt that he has D-I ability but he may have to change sides of the ball on the next level or move to receiver

Notes: Turner, named the district’s offensive newcomer of the year as a sophomore in 2008, was named the Top 2011 performer at Theoldcoach.com’s Ultimate Combine in Coppell earlier this year.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 50% He's a Nebraska fan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We look to be in pretty good position with Jamal. There's an article on HI that says he's looking at visiting NU pretty soon, I don't know when though. It also sounds like he is more of a running qb. As mentioned before we may be looking at him for a position other than qb.

• 1 month later...

He is visiting for the OU game, taking an unofficial.

heard that he LOVED vist and gave it a 10....

says we are his top choice.........

stoked

looks like Beck is starting to work those texas connections for next year too....

I saw him out on the field talking to Beck during warmups before the game. They were talking and laughing. Looked like he was already having a good time so the game and win couldn't have hurt either.

I saw him out on the field talking to Beck during warmups before the game. They were talking and laughing. Looked like he was already having a good time so the game and win couldn't have hurt either.

:) Sounds good, also glad he's willing to play on either side of the ball.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is typical of what we will see from NU staffs, they offer early to kids that have not really been "discovered", they get in tight before the other schools do and they hope they can hold on.

I think that this is going to be an effective method for them and it shows how they can sniff out talent. This kid will have offers from lots of schools that got in later then NU but because NU got there first, there will be that little feeling of loyality and it will result in getting some very very good players.

Ya it looks that way to me too. However, to me it makes no sense to run the type of offense that we are running with the types of qb's we are recruiting. Cody Green could be a hell of a qb some day but if you are going to try to make him into a drop back passer and hit this dumps and curls and outs then he will have a hard time succeeding. It just doesn't seem like we even know what we want to do as an offense. This year we have Gabbert who is more of a pro style qb than dual threat. The year before we got Green who is everything a dual threat should be. Then next year we are going after Turner who looks to be in the Green category. So what are we running in the future? WC passing game? More of an Oregon offense? The power game we are running now? It just doesnt make much sense to me.