SIGNED QB/ATH Jamal Turner

Ohio Pete

He might be the type of guy you give a small chunk of the playbook to the moment he steps on campus, and let him run those plays even as a true freshman. He's a game changer and should be utilized as such. Kind of like a wildcat package, only with more passing and option/pass plays mixed in to keep defenses honest.

I'm so excited that this kid wants to be a Husker...he's probably going to be the most talked about QB recruit we've had in a long time...and that's saying a lot considering some of the names we were in on (even those that didn't pan out...Beck, Gabbert x 2, Freeman, Green, etc).

Are you already writing Green off? He WAS and still IS the most talked about QB in recent history and he has barely seen the field enough to judge him.

He might be the type of guy you give a small chunk of the playbook to the moment he steps on campus, and let him run those plays even as a true freshman. He's a game changer and should be utilized as such. Kind of like a wildcat package, only with more passing and option/pass plays mixed in to keep defenses honest.

I'm so excited that this kid wants to be a Husker...he's probably going to be the most talked about QB recruit we've had in a long time...and that's saying a lot considering some of the names we were in on (even those that didn't pan out...Beck, Gabbert x 2, Freeman, Green, etc).

Come on, man. That's so not fair to put Green in that list. It's extremely rare for a QB to be really good as a true freshman. Look at Pryor or Barkley. Both were pretty below average as true freshmen thrown into the fire, but Pryor has panned out very well and all signs point to Barkley doing the same. Plus, Green never even had the benefit of being the everyday #1 guy taking all of the reps like those other guys. Give the kid some time to develop before you slander him like that.

Any speculation on what this guy will be ranked by Rivals? I just think a really good 2011 class (regardless of your opinion on star rankings) will really help Nebraska gain some notoriety and in turn help us get more good athletes down the line.

The writers at HI are speculating that he'll be a :star :star :star :star

It's still a looooooong way until the 2011 signing day. Remember, he is a young kid who could change his mind in a moments notice. I hope he stays true to his commitment. I guess I am not a huge fan of a kid who is only a Jr in high school committing to a specific university a year before he graduates. Just my two cents although I am happy as hell that he chose Nebraska.

really happy to read this as

Owa watch

2010 is taking a toll on me

as for rankings this guy is a beast.... usually the top 40-50 out of 100 in texas are 4 star guys... so with this guy being 16th already he is for sure a REAL strong 4 star 5.8-5.9 type of guy... looking at film it seems like he just makes plays happen.......

STOKED

:nanalama :nanalama :nanalama

Come on, man. That's so not fair to put Green in that list. It's extremely rare for a QB to be really good as a true freshman. Look at Pryor or Barkley. Both were pretty below average as true freshmen thrown into the fire, but Pryor has panned out very well and all signs point to Barkley doing the same. Plus, Green never even had the benefit of being the everyday #1 guy taking all of the reps like those other guys. Give the kid some time to develop before you slander him like that.

I guess that came out wrong. I started off listing the QBs that didn't pan out...then I thought about how Green was a pretty big part of last year's class...I actually think Cody's the best of the 3 (Turner, Carnes, Green) to be honest. I have a white #17 jersey in my closet. I apologize for it coming across the way that it did. If I had any input, Cody would probably be starting next year.

Anyone know the percentages of Junior commits who actually end up signing? I don't mean to be a downer, but a lot can happen between now and then.

Not sure, but someone else mentioned at HI that early commits usually stick with their original picks more often than not. I've no link to back up such an assertion, so take it for whatever it's worth.

EZ-E also mentioned that he heard Turner will enroll early, so if that's the case, then we can expect him at NU in Jan. 2011 along with Tyler Moore.

He paid to see the OU game and the bowl game I would think he remains a husker

^^ True. On top of that, it also helps that his good friend Donovan Vestal is a 2010 Nebraska commit. He mentioned in the article that he's looking forward to being a Husker with Vestal.

He certainly appears to be rock solid. We'll be holding our breath and crossing our fingers for a year and couple days. It's definitely a plus that his last names not Gabbert!

Any speculation on what this guy will be ranked by Rivals? I just think a really good 2011 class (regardless of your opinion on star rankings) will really help Nebraska gain some notoriety and in turn help us get more good athletes down the line.

The writers at HI are speculating that he'll be a :star :star :star :star

How many want to bet that he'd end up a :star :star :star :star :star if he would have committed early to Florida or USC?

It's still a looooooong way until the 2011 signing day. Remember, he is a young kid who could change his mind in a moments notice. I hope he stays true to his commitment. I guess I am not a huge fan of a kid who is only a Jr in high school committing to a specific university a year before he graduates. Just my two cents although I am happy as hell that he chose Nebraska.

I with you...2011 signing day is an eternity away. This kid is what? 17 years old? Just because he committed doesn't mean other colleges are just going to lie down and give up. This kid is going to get hammered by other colleges and they will put on the full press for him.

Unlike some of his predecessors, he has the opportunity to show himself to be a man of his word.

Jamal, please for the love of God...I hope you'll please stay with Nebraska...We've been burned by two Gabberts and a Josh Freeman before signing day and it really sucks to get excited about a recruit only to get left at the alter on signing day. Congrats and Go Big Red!

• Fire 2