DE Jalen Grimble

Ohio Pete

It's occuring so frequently I'm sure our coaches have a scripted plan of attack against UCLA. It's getting crazy how many top notch recruits we are battling rick for.

Based on Owa's decision, our coaches better revise that script. Slick Rick is a relentless recruiter (to put it politely). The fact that Jalen initially chose to play for a guy like Kiffin makes me worry that he might buy into Rick's snake oil over Bo's no-nonsense approach. And this coming from a UCLA alum and Bruin fan.

It's occuring so frequently I'm sure our coaches have a scripted plan of attack against UCLA. It's getting crazy how many top notch recruits we are battling rick for.

Based on Owa's decision, our coaches better revise that script. Slick Rick is a relentless recruiter (to put it politely). The fact that Jalen initially chose to play for a guy like Kiffin makes me worry that he might buy into Rick's snake oil over Bo's no-nonsense approach. And this coming from a UCLA alum and Bruin fan.

Owa and Jalens recruitments are completely opposite. Owa had his Mother yanking him one way and his heart yanking him the other way and slick rick played in to that Mother factor like a weasel. Jalen doesnt have that going on, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and his famly isnt pulling him where THEY want him to go.

not this year he isnt.. for the longest time they didnt have a single recruit... now have three... two three star guys and a two.....

i hope we land JG if true

i think the mainthink about USC UCLA and those flash schools is they sell a lifestyle... fast cars being famous, lots of chicks center of attention front and center.. while at Nebraska we sell our program and the positive things it offers... and if YOU excell and do your best through the program great things can happen for you at the next level..... lots of kids can't connet the dots sometimes and obviously get caught up in the LA nightlife stripclub flashy exsistence on the visit or whatever.....

not this year he isnt.. for the longest time they didnt have a single recruit... now have three... two three star guys and a two.....

i hope we land JG if true

i think the mainthink about USC UCLA and those flash schools is they sell a lifestyle... fast cars being famous, lots of chicks center of attention front and center.. while at Nebraska we sell our program and the positive things it offers... and if YOU excell and do your best through the program great things can happen for you at the next level..... lots of kids can't connet the dots sometimes and obviously get caught up in the LA nightlife stripclub flashy exsistence on the visit or whatever.....

I guarantee you that UCLA's lack of early commits is in no way an indication that Rick has changed his recruiting approach or style. Don't forget that UCLA only had two commits this time last year and still came away with a great class.

Owa and Jalens recruitments are completely opposite. Owa had his Mother yanking him one way and his heart yanking him the other way and slick rick played in to that Mother factor like a weasel. Jalen doesnt have that going on, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and his famly isnt pulling him where THEY want him to go.

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't Jalen's entire family want him to come to Nebraska?

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't Jalen's entire family want him to come to Nebraska?

his dad was really impressed with nebraska and i think thought it would be a good idea for him to come here.....

His dad loved Nebraska, but to say that he is pushing Jalen like Owas mom pushed him wouldnt be accurate.

If we get Jalen, do you think Xavier will follow him to NU?

Depends on if Xavier is on USC's campus or not.

I am not a lawyer but when is someone going to file a lawsuit that any underclassmen and redshirts should be able to transfer from USC if this NCAA bowl ban is upheld. It is descriminatory to say that only Juniors and Seniors can transfer. All of the athletes are being punished by USC with this ban. Why can a junior transfer and a freshman can't? It doesn't make sense. They all should have the ability to go bowling for all four years. The USC Juniors and Seniors went bowling as Frosh and Soph but now since they may miss a bowl or two they can transfer. The freshmen and soph are going to miss bowl games too, so it should make sense to let them jump ship if they want to. Looks like Henderson is already getting ready to pull ripcord on his USC scolly.

Does anyone else think this stinks?????

If it happens that Jalen and Xavier head to Nebraska(and that is a big IF - I would guess that LouisianaHusker over at RSS is batting .500 on his predictions at best), I think it is very likely that it will be soon. It would make sense for Xavier to transfer immediately and sit out this year so he will be ready when Jalen arrives next year.

If we get Jalen, do you think Xavier will follow him to NU?

Depends on if Xavier is on USC's campus or not.

I am not a lawyer but when is someone going to file a lawsuit that any underclassmen and redshirts should be able to transfer from USC if this NCAA bowl ban is upheld. It is descriminatory to say that only Juniors and Seniors can transfer. All of the athletes are being punished by USC with this ban. Why can a junior transfer and a freshman can't? It doesn't make sense. They all should have the ability to go bowling for all four years. The USC Juniors and Seniors went bowling as Frosh and Soph but now since they may miss a bowl or two they can transfer. The freshmen and soph are going to miss bowl games too, so it should make sense to let them jump ship if they want to. Looks like Henderson is already getting ready to pull ripcord on his USC scolly.

Does anyone else think this stinks?????

A case against the NCAA on this is moot. It's not as though you are required to attend a NCAA institution. By attending one you agree their their binding decisions and bylaws. It's sort of like suing the company you work at because they said you can't play next week's softball game because your team's captain was wasting company time. The court's don't have the jurisdiction to act in this case to force the NCAA to reverse it's decision. If they said something like all black freshman couldn't transfer but all Hispanic USC recruits could without sanction, then you'd have a law suit.