DE Jalen Grimble

Ohio Pete

I hope he is still going to decide in a week or two, I really think this kid is ours unless something wacky happens.

Jalen and his dad both said that he's going to make his decision on his birthday on Aug 10th

post #31 from th rivals teaser says he will make a decision in about two weeks after visiting USC. Hopefully he will not wait until August I dont think that bodes well for NU. Just gives Rick Neuweasel and Lame Kiffin more time to use their used car salesman approach on Jalen.

I hope he is still going to decide in a week or two, I really think this kid is ours unless something wacky happens.

Jalen and his dad both said that he's going to make his decision on his birthday on Aug 10th

post #31 from th rivals teaser says he will make a decision in about two weeks after visiting USC. Hopefully he will not wait until August I dont think that bodes well for NU. Just gives Rick Neuweasel and Lame Kiffin more time to use their used car salesman approach on Jalen.

I had heard numerous times he would be deciding a week or two after USC visit as well. I heard originally it would be august, but then it changed. Has it changed back? :dunno

If the kid commits before Saturday He's ours... if he waits a few weeks, he's theirs... Plain and simple.

USC knows how to promise him fame, we promise competition.

Let me elaborate... what did his dad say when he came to NU? "he didn't originally want to go here because we (his parents) can't come to all the games." USC has been up there for a long time, he has family there, his parents can come to all the games, it's closer to home, weather is great, lots of their players go to the NFL... USC is gonna try to take everything Jalen liked about Nebraska and show they offer the same stuff closer to home in LA.

What impressed Jalen about NU? "Most teams don't pack stadiums, but Nebraska filled theirs for a spring game and has so many consecutive sellouts." He also talked about SUh, Suh, SUh...

USC has a history of moving in late and getting the guys we have worked hard for. IF he goes there this weekend has a classy experience, and is made a celebrity...it's gonna be hard to win this one. We could have another OWA situation on our hands, yes I said it.

let's hope not... let's pray not... Gosh that about killed me...

:facepalm:

If the kid commits before Saturday He's ours... if he waits a few weeks, he's theirs... Plain and simple.

Let me elaborate... what did his dad say when he came to NU? "he didn't originally want to go here because we (his parents) can't come to all the games." USC has been up there for a long time, he has family there, his parents can come to all the games, it's closer to home, weather is great, lots of their players go to the NFL... USC is gonna try to take everything Jalen liked about Nebraska and show they offer the same stuff closer to home in LA.

What impressed Jalen about NU? "Most teams don't pack stadiums, but Nebraska filled theirs for a spring game and has so many consecutive sellouts." He also talked about SUh, Suh, SUh...

USC has a history of moving in late and getting the guys we have worked hard for. IF he goes there this weekend has a classy experience, and is made a celebrity...it's gonna be hard to win this one. We could have another OWA situation on our hands, yes I said it.

whoa.... that wasnt a very rosey picture you just painted..... i dont think that USC is this mythical beast that once you enter through the door you are theirs..... they have a lot of flaws and if family is soo important to the grimbles maybe they will be able to see the flakes of gold making all the rusty shiet being thrown at them.......

still feel positive though

whoa.... that wasnt a very rosey picture you just painted..... i dont think that USC is this mythical beast that once you enter through the door you are theirs..... they have a lot of flaws and if family is soo important to the grimbles maybe they will be able to see the flakes of gold making all the rusty shiet being thrown at them.......

I'm hoping for it!! I hope i'm wrong...

A little pessimistic aren't you?? He and his dad have gushed about Nebraska. Plus he has stated he is tired of being so and so's cousin or family. If he goes to USC he will be Xavier Grimbles cousin playing there where if he is here he is the only Grimble. He loves Suh. He loves the family style of Bo and our team. He loves the competition. If this weekend goes amazing there I will be less hopeful, but even a good weekend and I think we are still ahead.

It will all come down to if USC can make a big impression on his Father like Bo and Company did. Personally I dont think Lame Kiffin and his crew can set or even match the bar Nebraska set when Jalen and his father visited.

fortunately for us and NU football - you usually are. :)

I will tell you that USC has a very high bar to jump over for his services.

Personally I dont think Lame Kiffin and his crew can set or even match the bar Nebraska set when Jalen and his father visited.

In reality yes - but Kiffin is one hell of a salesman. I'm not sure you can dog on him about the "family" issue considering half of Kiffin's family coaches the team. It's like a multi-generational reunion every day, complete with rock/movie stars and some potato salad on the side. The question will be whether or not the Grimbles can see through all the smoke he blows up their A$$ - and if in reality it is just a bunch of smoke...I'd think his cousin would have already told him about it.

We talk on here about how it takes years to build up relationships with HS coaches, and develop a territory, earn a reputation. Look at what Kiffin did in a single year in TN. He didn't have any relationships there. He had a salesman personality and some hot coeds. The result was one of the best classes in the nation without a single thing we think is required to recruit well. He took half of Georgia and he'd probably never even visited the state. Florida, Illinois, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee - he raided them all. Regardless what you may think of Kiffin (and most of what everyone has formed their opinion of him off of is based on his departure from TN for his dream job - can't blame him there) he and his staff are spectacular recruiters. Assuming we actually did set the bar, if there is a staff in the country that can raise it - it's Kiffin's.