Government's Contribution

Maybe you should move to somalia, they don't have a government and we all see how that's working out for them. Oh yeah it isn't.

Why don't you move? Your the one who wishes to rule others. Why don't you take your contradictory idea of freedom at the point of a gun and run it by someone who actually wishes to be a slave? I merely want to live in peace and not be told how to live my life by those that steal from me in order to further their own agendas. Is that really too much to ask?

And really, Somalia?!?! Yeah, because that's an accurate comparision of what I advocate? Besides, have you ever taken the time to think and truly considered what might have caused and is prolonging the situation that is occuring there? Could it be that if the US would quit meddling in their lives, quit funding warlords and corrupt government officials, opened the door for free trade and allowed individuals to make their own choices that maybe they'd actually improve their conditions?

I'm in the military and I have no problem going there. I have been to crapholes all over the world, and have seen what happens to countries that don't have a government and are lawless. Second, I didn't say it was at all like what your advocating, but give it long enough, and any country that doesn't have a government and is lawless eventually ends up in the toilet.

So, exactly what are you trying to champion? Please only use 2-3 syllable words if at all possible for those of us on the board that are more challenged; and keep it short for those of us with ADD. :)

That is part of the problem isn't it? A 2000 page bill for universal health care (keep it short idea) :angry:

thx

GBR

I'm in the military and I have no problem going there. I have been to crapholes all over the world, and have seen what happens to countries that don't have a government and are lawless. Second, I didn't say it was at all like what your advocating, but give it long enough, and any country that doesn't have a government and is lawless eventually ends up in the toilet.

Great, so you bring the law!?! How nobel of you. I'm sure all the discontent, destruction and murder you participate in has sure helped bring about liberty and prosperity!! Maybe you can tell that to all those who have lost everything to your noble cause, all the innocent victims that were merely trying to live their own lives and all the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and grandkids that will never see their lost loved ones because YOU believe that freedom and peace can be obtained by violence. Maybe you can explain it to me?

I was in the military too, so you can't lie to me about the nobility of your job, the lawlessness that you claim arises or any of your other government propaganda you wish to regurgitate. Luckily, I got out when I realized how much of a contradiction government and the military really is. One day I'm sure you'll come to that realization too, but until then good luck with your life and remember that freedom can only come from an individual's mind, not some bureaucrat or soldier wielding a gun.

So, exactly what are you trying to champion? Please only use 2-3 syllable words if at all possible for those of us on the board that are more challenged; and keep it short for those of us with ADD. :)

That is part of the problem isn't it? A 2000 page bill for universal health care (keep it short idea) :angry:

thx

GBR

How about the ability for every individual to make his own choices, keep the fruits of his labor, trade and travel freely and work for or with anyone or in any occupation that he chooses. That would be good for starters.

(Sorry to use a few multi-syllable words, but I hope that everyone knows what ability, occupation and an individual are.) :sarcasm

Here's a nice short summary:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33731

(and by short I mean pages and pages long.)

I've been wondering when you'd pop up?

(Edit: And as far as your link goes, I think the arguments from the beginning of that thread have been a little bit refined since then. An easier to follow and more concise argument for the abolition of government can be found by reading Roy Childs letter to Ayn Rand about the apparent contradictions in her argument for a Lmtd Govt.)