Viewing Games - Pay Per View?

NJcornhead

Hi fellow Husker fans,

I am in Northern NJ and getting very frustrated trying to view the Husker games. Last week we were watching on ESPN and they just stopped showing the game in the middle. I am thinking about ESPN Game Plan but I am still not certain they will show the Huskers. There are also the Fox sports channels, East, Central, West, but again it seems like they reserve the right to switch over to another game. :bang

If anyone can offer any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

GO HUSKERS!! :nanalama

Dennis

Hi fellow Husker fans,

I am in Northern NJ and getting very frustrated trying to view the Husker games. Last week we were watching on ESPN and they just stopped showing the game in the middle. I am thinking about ESPN Game Plan but I am still not certain they will show the Huskers. There are also the Fox sports channels, East, Central, West, but again it seems like they reserve the right to switch over to another game. :bang

If anyone can offer any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

GO HUSKERS!! :nanalama

Dennis

If a game is on the ESPN family of networks, you can always check out espn360.com ... If your ISP allows it, you'll be able to watch the game from there.. As far as the fox sports channels like this weekend...idk what to tell ya about that one.

I think last week was the first game that was part of ESPN Game Plan. ESPN GP is mainly for the ABC regiional games not shown in your region. Last week was quirky because the early OU-UT game ran so late, so they showed all of the 3:30 regional games on different ESPN channels until it ended. Then they went with regional coverage.

The early season PPV games against Sun Belt teams weren't part of ESPNs GP, it was a different PPV through Fox, I think.

If you can pick up Fox Midwest or Southwest you'd see the Big 12 games run to completion. But if your Fox/Comcast regional station is showing it, they could cut to a regional game in your area later.

The Iowa State game is on the Fox Sports Network, and the Baylor game is on Versus. Neither of those will be on ESPN game plan. I don't know if you can get all of the Fox regionals. I pay $5/month extra to get them through Dish. Your local regional may or may not have it, and they may or may not leave it later if there's another game on after it.

After that, you'll just have to watch for when the broadcast schedule comes out. Sometimes it is 13 days before a game, sometimes 6. I use this site to see where games are being broadcast: http://mattsarzsports.com/football2009.aspx . If you go to this week's games it has a link to the list of FSN affilliates showing the ISU game.

You should be able to get ESPN GP for one day only for $24. That way if we're on only once or twice, you aren't paying for the entire season if you don't care to watch the other GP games.

And as someone else said, if you can get espn360.com, you can see GP games for free.