Shawn Watson..the only coach left for the "worthless!" Callahan era...enough said!!!

I am so sick of this worthless offence. It is not Lee, and Green is not the answer at this point. We are just a weak offence period and it is due to leadership in my opinion. The Callahan era had no "Balls" and it showed. Our offence at this point is the same way. NO BALLS AND AT THIS POINT NO HUSKER HEART!

Callahan cancer is still effecting us 2 years later.

I am so sick of this worthless offence. It is not Lee, and Green is not the answer at this point. We are just a weak offence period and it is due to leadership in my opinion. The Callahan era had no "Balls" and it showed. Our offence at this point is the same way. NO BALLS AND AT THIS POINT NO HUSKER HEART!

Agreed, although everyone is going to pin this on the head coach. <_<

It was not Lee.

Sean Fisher returns a blocked FG attempt and puts us in good field position.

We have the momentum and an opportunity to harness the momentum and then guess what.

zone read.................FAIL

zone read ................FAIL

Out pattern pass..........Niles Paul sucks....but probably would not of picked up much yards anyways so...............FAIL

PUNT.

Shawn Watson could not do anything to harness the momentum.

Agreed, although everyone is going to pin this on the head coach. <_<

your right, but fumbles, bad passes, horrible reads, and stupid turnovers are effects of a undiciplined and un coached offence. that falls on the OC.

It was not Lee.

We have the momentum and an opportunity to harness the momentum and then guess what.

Out pattern pass..........Niles Paul sucks....but probably would not of picked up much yards anyways so...............FAIL

PUNT.

What a perfect time to get creative, but Watson cannot do that.

You might be right. but in terms of Green thanks to Bo we may never know what difference he could have made.

It was not Lee.

PUNT.

What a perfect time to get creative, but Watson cannot do that.

You're right, it wasn't Lee's fault alone, but he certainly is exempt from blame. I agree about Niles Paul, he was so bad today it almost looked like he was doing it on purpose.

• 11 months later...

I know there were dropped passes, penalties of both our own and missed calls that went against us but Sean Watson sucks. I was talking with a friend just now who's football opinion for the most part I respect and even he said there are high school coaches out there who could have called a better game today than Sean Watson did.

I would have to agree.

It wasn't Sean Watson's fault our receivers dropped the passes they did today but playing into Texas's hands offensively with run after run after run when Texas had everyone up on the line and passes in 3rd down situations primarily was just plain stupid.

Forget friendship. Pelini needs to let that ship sail.

That is all.

I'm so on the fence about Watson. The simple part of it is that he's never beaten anyone good. We got enough talent to roll the Washingtons of the world, but when it comes to Texas, or even Oklahoma last year, or ANY defense that has a sack, we can't even get in the freakin' endzone.

My head tells me there is no future with him as OC. I want him to succeed, but I have no reason to think he will.

Watson is a one dimensional thinker and his offense

is one dimensional. He can't adjust to stacked defenses.

He just keeps trying what has been shown not to work.

Martinez running ability was able to mask Watson's ineptitude for a while,

but against good defenses, the offense reverts to last year's form.

Watson's pathetic offense produced just 3 points in 3 quarters, 6 points for the entire game.

Just like last year.

Gilmore has yet to produce a receiving corps that can catch

the ball. They are consistenly bad, game in game out, year in year out.

Time for some changes in the offensive staff or we'll never get to the next level.

• Fire 2

Watson is a one dimensional thinker and his offense

is one dimensional. He can't adjust to stacked defenses.

He just keeps trying what has been shown not to work.

Martinez running ability was able to mask Watson's ineptitude for a while,

but against good defenses, the offense reverts to last year's form.

Watson's pathetic offense produced just 3 points in 3 quarters, 6 points for the entire game.

Just like last year.

Gilmore has yet to produce a receiving corps that can catch

the ball. They are consistenly bad, game in game out, year in year out.

Time for some changes in the offensive staff or we'll never get to the next level.

+1

Funny side note about Callahan era coaches that I just happened to see on wiki:

Kevin Cosgrove (born December 27, 1955) is an American football coach, currently serving as co-defensive coordinator for the Minnesota Golden Gophers college football team. He was previously an assistant coach at Wisconsin under Barry Alvarez and Nebraska under Bill Callahan. He is best known for taking well performing defenses and transforming them into laughing stocks.

:lol:

It's hard to dispute that our offensive production has struggled mightily against decent defenses. I thought Greg Davis would be the one with his head on a pike today but it looks like he'll be getting the last laugh.

Did anyone notice that the offense ran 2 different zone reads. With Martinez in the QB attacked the Guard Tackle gap and the RB swung outside of the tackle. With Lee in the RB attacked the Center Guard gap and the QB went to the opposite Guard Tackle gap. These were the only running plays called the whole game. Martinez's play wasnt working and Lee's play was. I dont understand why Watson continued to call the outside zone read and why the change in run plays required a QB change.

I'll give credit to Wats when it came to working in the pass, but I do it with anger.