Shawn Watson..the only coach left for the "worthless!" Callahan era...enough said!!!

I'm so on the fence about Watson. The simple part of it is that he's never beaten anyone good. We got enough talent to roll the Washingtons of the world, but when it comes to Texas, or even Oklahoma last year, or ANY defense that has a sack, we can't even get in the freakin' endzone.

My head tells me there is no future with him as OC. I want him to succeed, but I have no reason to think he will.

He beat #1 Nebraska in 2001 :facepalm:

"Funny...when the offense was rolling along and piling up yards and points, no mention of wanting to fire Watson. One bad game that can be placed squarely on the players shoulders and all of a sudden the Fire Wats bandwagon makes a showing "

One bad game...seriously? This is the same argument every watson supporter makes after each bad game...

Funny...when the offense was rolling along and piling up yards and points, no mention of wanting to fire Watson. One bad game that can be placed squarely on the players shoulders and all of a sudden the Fire Wats bandwagon makes a showing

Thats what happens when you cant adjust your play calling. If a play dont work, dont use that play. ZONE READ

Funny...when the offense was rolling along and piling up yards and points, no mention of wanting to fire Watson. One bad game that can be placed squarely on the players shoulders and all of a sudden the Fire Wats bandwagon makes a showing

Ive been saying it all along..If watson is such a good OC..then please tell me when he called a good game against a top 25 defense..Oh you mean when our offense was rolling against teams who are 65 and worse in defense? You do realize that the best defense we played before this game was kansas state..and they ranked 65TH..Maybe if you really payed attenton to watson's playcalling, you would recognize he doesnt adjust to good defense..he continues to run his offense even though ts not working and he doesnt mix it up. But since hes such a good OC im sure you could mention a game in which he called a good game against a top 25 D..pleae inform me when we called a good gameplan against a good d...ill be waiting.

well, i sure wasn't praising Wats, he found a kid and a zone read that worked, until they were defensed, then he got his ass handed to him because he had no other scheme ready to counter....poor coach...it lasted until we met a team with lateral pursuit and well coached.

Classic Definition of Insanity:

The expectation's that the same inputs to a system will produce different outputs.

Apparently some of our posters have forgotten all about Watson's past performances.

Watson's offense has failed multiple times the last 2 years.

SDS or 2009 ring any bells?

LOL! I remember seeing the same lame excuses trying to

explain away Elmo's blind "don't look for the ball" secondary coverages.

Ive been saying it all along..If watson is such a good OC..then please tell me when he called a good game against a top 25 defense..Oh you mean when our offense was rolling against teams who are 65 and worse in defense? You do realize that the best defense we played before this game was kansas state..and they ranked 65TH..Maybe if you really payed attenton to watson's playcalling, you would recognize he doesnt adjust to good defense..he continues to run his offense even though ts not working and he doesnt mix it up. But since hes such a good OC im sure you could mention a game in which he called a good game against a top 25 D..pleae inform me when we called a good gameplan against a good d...ill be waiting.

agreed.

Did anyone notice that the offense ran 2 different zone reads. With Martinez in the QB attacked the Guard Tackle gap and the RB swung outside of the tackle. With Lee in the RB attacked the Center Guard gap and the QB went to the opposite Guard Tackle gap. These were the only running plays called the whole game. Martinez's play wasnt working and Lee's play was. I dont understand why Watson continued to call the outside zone read and why the change in run plays required a QB change.

I'll give credit to Wats when it came to working in the pass, but I do it with anger.

I want to put this on here once more, because I think it is absolutely ridiculous.

Some of you guys are getting worked up over my comments for no reason. No where did I say I was a Watson supporter. I was merely mentioning that prior to this game, all season, no one has mentioned anything about wanting Wats fired. One bad game THIS SEASON and all of a sudden the Fire Wats momentum kicks off. :facepalm::facepalm:

I wasnt ever a supportive of him, I was giving him one more chance in a big game to prove me wrong. But, as always, he ddnt adjust and crapped down his pants. He has never been good against top 25 defenses, so I thought maybe if he had his personnel he liked that he could maybe make adjustments down the stretch....but that didnt happen

Some of you guys are getting worked up over my comments for no reason. No where did I say I was a Watson supporter. I was merely mentioning that prior to this game, all season, no one has mentioned anything about wanting Wats fired. One bad game THIS SEASON and all of a sudden the Fire Wats momentum kicks off. :facepalm::facepalm:

Ever hear of the South Dakota State game THIS SEASON? 17-3 ring any bells?

FYI, we're not getting worked up.

We're merely pointing out you don't know what you're talking about, that's all.

Nothing personal. Strictly business.

I'll help you, but since I don't have past defensive statistics in front of me I'll just go with top 25 teams in general:

'08 Virginia Tech

'08 Texas Tech

'08 Oklahoma (first play of the game withstanding)

'09 Virginia Tech (we were running all over them, and if Lee could have put the ball anywhere NEAR our receivers they were wide open)

'09 Missouri (see above, playcalling was pretty solid, execution was the worst I've seen, until the 4th quarter. Let's compromise and say this was a decent quarter and a half of good playcalling vs a top 25 team.)

'09 Oklahoma (went into ultra conservative mode, but we won, I guess it's a toss-up)

'09 Holiday Bowl vs. Arizona

Our struggles this year are coming from Taylor and not Watson. We all knew Taylor was going to have freshman games. I guess people just expected 400 yards of offensive output even when that happened. Fans have a hard time dealing in reality sometimes. We ASKED for this, clamoring for Taylor to start. So we'll get games like KSU and Washington, and we'll get games like SDSU and Texas.

Watson continues to be vilified solely for the Callahan connection, because it makes people want to see fault in him. Even when Callahan's problems were as a HC, not as an offensive mind.

That is how this apperantly works, if the team has success than Watson has nothing to do with it. However if there are struggles than they all fall on his shoulders. It is so obvious that if we were to fire wats than all of the problmes with fumbles, drops, and penalties will go away instantly.