Creaming conspiracy

Those are white! Arrrgh. Can anyone else really tell they're cream? I sure can't.

They're white-ish. There's definitely some cream in them.

they are clearly white, you guys are seeing the lighting reflect off of them.

look at the one with the NU helmet and the OU helmet really close, both of them look creamy because of the lighting. nothing more...

Well, I'm guessing the Memorial Stadium lights are metal halide and they're probably daylight equivalent. However, even when they say their color temperature is daylight equivalent, it can't reproduce all the effects of natural daylight.

More than likely what you're seeing is the way the plastic in the helmet is constructed reacts differently to the metal halide lighting than it does with true daylight. The jerseys obviously don't react this way, but they're a different material and most of that stuff is made to really shine bright white. Not sure the helmets are.

Worst. Thread. Ever.

Agreed. Anyone taking part in this conversation is clearly a Nancy more concerned with looks than substance.

Well hold on there mishter macho! I've been trying to match the color of my room intereor with the exact colors of that sthuper football team and I gotta say I cannot quite match the cream white on mah walls. The closest I have gotten to it was navajo-white mixed with a little eggshell-white and a dash of sunshine-pepper. Last time I tried, the linen-cream and stone-white didn't exactly match my drapes. I had to buy some new curtains and those simply made it worse! So after a brief trip to Lowes in my candy-apple red Honda Accord, I finally caved in and and asked Ramon to mix up some eggshell-white and canary-yellow with a dash of peach-orchid and it almost matches the Huskers cream perfectly!

Whyyy-Em-See-Ay...

Maybe it is due to HDTV. In low def the helmets and stripes did look white but in HD the truer color comes out.

Just a thought.

The fact that a TV is HD has nothing to do with color rendition. In fact, if whites are not coming out white on a TV, then all "whites" should be the same color. You would not see a color change from the helmet to the pants on the same TV if they were truly the same apparent color in that lighting situation.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but what color were the helmets last Saturday?

They looked cream as opposed to white. They seem to match the cream shoulder stripes that appeared a few weeks ago, as opposed to the numbering that is still white.

Comparing pics from last saturday and previous games, there seems to be a difference, but it could be lighting, angles, and the like.

Did I miss the boat? Was there some announcement that they were trading the white for cream...gradually?

Are they doing it covertly? If so why?

Was there a second shooter on the grassy knoll? What's saskwatch's take on all this?

Is this really important? I mean does anybody really care? Although a friend of mine said he could not sleep because of the strange color combo. Maybe we need some answers here !!!

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but what color were the helmets last Saturday?

They looked cream as opposed to white. They seem to match the cream shoulder stripes that appeared a few weeks ago, as opposed to the numbering that is still white.

Comparing pics from last saturday and previous games, there seems to be a difference, but it could be lighting, angles, and the like.

Did I miss the boat? Was there some announcement that they were trading the white for cream...gradually?

Was there a second shooter on the grassy knoll? What's saskwatch's take on all this?

Is this really important? I mean does anybody really care? Although a friend of mine said he could not sleep because of the strange color combo. Maybe we need some answers here !!!

Apparently some people care, the thread has quite a few posts at this point. Also, you're questioning whether something is important on a fan-based internet discussion board where every single discussion is academic and has nothing to do with what will actually happen...? :facepalm:

Apparently some people care, the thread has quite a few posts at this point. Also, you're questioning whether something is important on a fan-based internet discussion board where every single discussion is academic and has nothing to do with what will actually happen...? :facepalm:

OK OK I really care that the sleeves or pants or helmets are almost yellow or whatnot...