First Timers - Kansas State Game

Hey Everyone,

My brothers and I are taking my grandfather to the game this weekend and we are seeking advice on what is the best plan of attack for before the game. My grandfather is a Nebraska native and we are long-time Husker fans, it will be the first game in Lincoln for all of us. My one brother and I are Grad Students at Michigan State University, but are from Ontario, Canada. We get into Lincoln on Friday night.

We have heard that some people tailgate in lots but others just go to bars before the game. We tailgate at all the Michigan State games and have all the necessities to bring with us if it is worth tailgating. So I am seeking some advice on whether it is better to go to a bar or to tailgate, and if a bar is they way to go, what are some good spots and when should we get there. We may lean towards the bar route as well since Michigan State plays Penn St. on ABC in the afternoon so somewhere with lots of tvs with the games on would be ideal

Thanks Alot, we're really looking forward to a Husker's victory,

Jesse

Hey Everyone,

My brothers and I are taking my grandfather to the game this weekend and we are seeking advice on what is the best plan of attack for before the game. My grandfather is a Nebraska native and we are long-time Husker fans, it will be the first game in Lincoln for all of us. My one brother and I are Grad Students at Michigan State University, but are from Ontario, Canada. We get into Lincoln on Friday night.

We have heard that some people tailgate in lots but others just go to bars before the game. We tailgate at all the Michigan State games and have all the necessities to bring with us if it is worth tailgating. So I am seeking some advice on whether it is better to go to a bar or to tailgate, and if a bar is they way to go, what are some good spots and when should we get there. We may lean towards the bar route as well since Michigan State plays Penn St. on ABC in the afternoon so somewhere with lots of tvs with the games on would be ideal

Thanks Alot, we're really looking forward to a Husker's victory,

Jesse

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37487

see the tread above for a general map of possible tailgate locals.

Hit O street between 12th and 15th for the bar areas... Brothers is huge with food and lots of TV's. (i think they have one at MSU)

The haymarket area between P street and R street on 8th street is a local spot that is hot as well before and after the game. The place is mainly a food place but there are a few "sport" bars in that area as well. I know Old Chicago on 9th and P street is where I ate and drank in college.

anyway, the above map should giev you a general idea of things to do and where to go.

there is some major tailgating going on all around the stadium but a good place to hit is the East side of the stadium on Vine street. Plus there is a sweet statue that might be a good photo opportunity.

The North endzone area is where the players and new renovations occurred. FYI

PM me if you need more info or have any questions.

leave your tailgate stuff at home. dont be shy about dropping in on tailgates, and dont be shy letting people know your from out of town. the hospitality will blow your mind. maybe you'll even run into me. ;) most of the condensed tailgate areas are right around/near bars. i always hear people complain that nebraska doesnt have a singular, de-facto tailgate area like some places, but i love it the way it is. i have a blast the first couple games each year walking from block to block, bar to tailgate to bar, running into friends from the years before.