SIGNED LB Lavonte David

Seems like he has the size and speed to be a strong saftey as well if we don't land coop... Can he cover?

I'm not sure we need him to play as a pure "Safety" because we have Rickey Thenarse, PJ Smith, and I assume Hagg will move back to Safety, so maybe Lavonte can replace Haggs position now which is kind of a hybrid Safety/LB/DB

Seems like he has the size and speed to be a strong saftey as well if we don't land coop... Can he cover?

I'm not sure we need him to play as a pure "Safety" because we have Rickey Thenarse, PJ Smith, and I assume Hagg will move back to Safety, so maybe Lavonte can replace Haggs position now which is kind of a hybrid Safety/LB/DB

I can't remember if I read it or heard Sanders talking about it on Sports Nightly, but he seemed pretty confident that Hagg will be moving to safety and Gomes would step into that Nickel back/Hybrid spot. That makes me think that they are going to be using David at LB, although it doesn't hurt to have multiple players who can play that hybrid spot with the way that the Big 12 has been going.