Sorry South Texas Husker Fans

Full Story

If you or someone you know lives in the San Antonio area and were planning to watch the Nebraska v. Colorado game on television this Friday, I'm offering you my condolences. The ABC affiliate, KSAT, is going to be showing regularly scheduled programming like Dr. Phil and Oprah during that time slot instead of the Husker game. For all of you out there who had big plans to lounge in front of the game after your Black Friday shopping sprees, you have some work to do if you want to see that game on television.

If you call into the station and ask about the game this Friday, the kind receptionist there will gladly read you a prepared statement indicating that you can watch the game on ESPN360.com. For those of you normal people who don't enjoy staring at your old laptop monitor or don't have one of those fancy TVs you can plug your computer into, that is not an acceptable option. So I asked "Why?" to which she responded, that information wasn't given to her.

I was transferred to a station representative (who for fear of reprisals of angry Husker fans, I will call Mr. X). He indicated that the game would draw no ratings in San Antonio. He said that they had offered to ABC to air it on their secondary digital channel. Of course their reasoning was that they always want to have the big Texas and A&M game, but since it was moved to ESPN, I guess they felt the need to stick it to corporate. They felt that this was just a second or third tier game anyway, so no big loss.

If you don't think this is right, and feel like you have to do something about it, please feel free to (politely) contact the station at (210) 351-1200. If you'd like to send an email, use their handy Contact Form on their website.

Got a message from them on Twitter this morning. KSAT WILL carry the game. Let folks know that their emails and messages made the difference. That's why they changed their mind. I don't post elsewhere so let the other boards know as well that they did it and the game WILL be on in San Antonio.

The Huskers fan base in the SA area is bigger than what they thought...

Well done :thumbs

Got a message from them on Twitter this morning. KSAT WILL carry the game. Let folks know that their emails and messages made the difference. That's why they changed their mind. I don't post elsewhere so let the other boards know as well that they did it and the game WILL be on in San Antonio.

Link about the station airing the game. How dumb of a station is that? Husker game or not, who the hell airs Dr. Phil over a college football game?

Thanks for the info! By the way, your mascot wouldn't happen to pretend to play bass, would he? I just had an idea for a band. :woo

Link about the station airing the game. How dumb of a station is that? Husker game or not, who the hell airs Dr. Phil over a college football game?

I don't know if things have changed since the Patriot Act went into effect, but can't someone be tried for high treason for even thinking of putting Dr. Phil and Oprah on over a football game? I don't care if it's NFL, College, High School, or Pop Warner football Football > Everything else in Life > Dr Phil